Mental Health Forums

*may Trig*i Stopped Eating

Dolphin_Tears

i dont eat anything at all recentely, at first it was just a bit of binging but not purging although i had the thoughts do it i didnt but now i aint eaten for bout 3 weeks nowi just dont feel hungry an when i look at food it turns my stomache the onlyt hingi put in my mouth is water and coffee maybe some gum and alcohol although after this week i think i have suddenly gone of that. not sure what to do dont know if its an image thing or just because of my mood. although i am certainly quite a fat person so i dont exactly need more food anyway. even tho the docs scales say i way just under 7stone tthts just impossible i look in the mirror an i look like a beached whale

dontknow what to do

I'm so sorry you are struggling right now Dolphin. Have you felt this way before? Do you struggle with eating generally? It sounds like you have the dysmorphia thing going on. It's where you see yourself different to how you really are. There is a site for eating disorders and the such www.b-eat.co.uk they have lots of advice and support. I have struggled with anorexia and bulimia since being about 13 so if I can be of any help then just let me know. They best advice I ever got was to have a structure to your day - a meal structure.

Make breakfast and put it on a plate and sit down and eat it - even if it is one tomato or a stick of celery sit and eat it. Do the same for lunch and dinner. Slowly over time you will get used to eating regularly (even if it is just half an apple to start with) and will be able to build it up. Half an apple will sound silly to someone without an eating disorder but to people who are struggling it is just about the right place to start.

What do you think about what I have said? Do you think it might help? xxxxx

Hi Dolphin

I'm so sorry to hear of how you are feeling and struggling right now hun.

I agree with what Roses has said, and also agree with starting out with small portions at a time to get you back into eating again. Just take small steps.

All the best to you xx

I dont get anorexia, and its taken me 40odd years to become a decent weight (was always grossly underweight before) so I am not interested in losing it again.

I do, however, due to depression, find myself not wanting to eat.

I feel like I don't deserve food.

When I have fallen for this belief in the past, though, the very lack of food absolutely magnifies the depression and anxiety much much more for me, so it starts a downward spiral.

I think Roses' idea above is great.

I hate eating and sleeping at the proper times, but I do, because it sends my moods all over the place if I dont, atm.

Take today for instance, at dinnertime, all I could manage was half a tin of soup, so I put it in a bowl, sat down and ate it.

Very strangely, my diet gets healthier when I am like this. I cant stomach all the junk stodge. I have no interest in sweets.

*may trigger*

i hve now started to purge by drinking salt water. i feel the need to keep punishing myself. i hate myself so much and theres nothing anybody can say to make me fel different about tht. hopefully my cpn will see the fact tht i am going to tell her today as a good thing and wont put me in hospital.

thx for the replies

d.t

I'm glad you are going to get help. You can do it. Perhaps write it all down so you don't get flumoxed and say the wrong thing? Let us know how you get on babe xxxxx

i told her she wasnt happy but she is goonna change my care plan to reflect the eating prooblems

Archived