Mental Health Forums

Life

Betsy

don't know where to put this for sure so i will plunk it here and if anyone wants to move it, i don't care.

i want a divorce, i don't, i do, i don't, i do, i don't... okay that explains what i have been functioning under for almost a year

4 months ago my son his wife and 3 kids moved in. a liberal dash of chaosis was added to life.

i think they are a mix of bipolar and bpd with liberal dashes of depression thrown in. if hubby and i aren't tense they are. the house is ruled by tension and dessention.

today my daughter in law had an absessed tooth worked on. i babysat the kids and her husband went with her. They came home and i was going out to eat with my sister so i made my son take the 4 year old with him to get her prescription filled. he was not happy. when i came home only my husband was here. i asked him where everyone was. his reply was my son said something to his oldest daughter (dx bipolar and on meds) her response was a very snippy "don't loose any sleep over it" to which he turned around and smashed her stereo and said "don't loose any sleep over it" wife got involved and got all three kids ready and left in the car, before she left my hubby said to her "u should have supported the dad, not the oldest daughter. she left and our son is out walking. i told my hubby he should stay out of it, it was none of his business.

i don't know why i am telling you all of this except i need someone to talk to. so even if you don't respond... thx to all of you for being here.

sorry if this is hard to understand

Sorry to hear what your going through right now and yes it sounds verydifficult for you. Do they need to live with you or can they not find their own place?

I think by the sounds of things you need a bit of time out for yourself.

Family's can be hard going at best of times and I think you have done well with all of this so far, talking together and maybe either listing positive things and negative things may help you to see the big problem and hopefully you will then be able to sort it. I really do hope things improve for you and start to feel better.

Please do not blame yourself though and I wish you luck.

xx

I wouldn't so much think of divorce. I would think of how to get the younger family to be able to move out.

This is a very bad situation and puts strain on your marriage that may otherwise not be there,

i wasn't thinking divorce because of them. i have been thinking of that for a year. they just have made it harder this last 4 months to make any discisson or to work on my own marriage.

am update - she didn't come home last night and hasn't called.

i called my t at 8 and it is 11 and he hasnt returned my call... so much for depending on him

ps - i am trying very hard at this point not to be the first one to post in the new suicide post - not going to do it but dont know what is happening

Betsy, it sounds like you are in an impossibly stressful living situation.

Anyone would be stressed in a situation like that.

Just hang in there, your frustration is totally normal and don't panic over it. It will resolve itself.

she came today and picked up some clothes for her and the kids. Grandaughter is being admitted to hosp... that is good. i didn't see her. my son cant tell me if this is permenent or temperary... he has been up all night and crying the rest of the time saying he has lost everything.

i talked to my t today. in fact i yelled at him. i had to call him again around 11:30. and screamed at him was he going to call me back. he said never got the message and what was going on. i told him. he said what little i said was good and i had to keep them seperate from me. i yelled at him again that i was trying but it wasnt easy. he said it was important for me to handle things like this and not get into relapse situation when we are just making so much progress. then he rescheduled my appointment for the 2nd time in a row.... how important am i. i asked him how transfering emotions to him and connecting with him was soooooo good when he was going off and leaving me when i need him... screw this... dont count on them EVER. probably next week he will say it is my last week and hand me the keys to normal land. why go there when the same nightmares are allowed to walk around that are in crazy land. he asked how i was going to handle it and i said by overmedicating like i handled last night. of course then the enevitable... are you safe and warnings about dangers of to much meds... i said i am okay arent i.

going to try to go back to catatonia land... much calmer and lower expectations placed upon you. my son has cried all day and claimed he has lost everything. what the heck does everyone expect me to feel I HURT SEEING HIM! what the heck are normals made out of

sorry for the length of this

I still think anyone would feel totally upset in such a situation - normal shnormal!

I don't like your t, you need to find another one.

If I was in your shoes I'd be going nuts too.

Do something nice for you, Betsy! A bubblebath! Do you like those? Something nice and quiet and peaceful.

Hey, buy a kaleidoscope and play with it. I have one of those and they are really great. I have been thinking of maybe collecting them. Collections are fun.

Betsy, you need to do something nice for you!

Hugs!

Betsy, I wouldn't hesitate to use the suicide forum if you need to. That is why they put it there, and somebody has to be first. Take advantage of every help offered to you. You remind me of myself so much, and I wish I could walk in the door and give you a big hug, but in lieu of that, just feel the good vibes I am sending you and take deep breaths, and tone down the anger even though you may not be able to overcome it, take enough control to bring it down a notch. It will only be good for you......no matter how much you might rather hold on to it.

Verbena

nothing has changed at home.

I have 2 therapist and a pscychiatrist. I cant call the psychiatrist because he only does meds and doesnt really want to be for talking to me. I cant call my regular therapist because he is unavialable. I cant call my group therapist because she is not in today. I cant call the local chrisis line because i am too paranoid since i work in an allied field and have to interact with them on different client team meetings. dont want to face anyone i might have vomited on in the past. I guess that only leaves me.

In spite of all that I am holding it together. I can only believe it is greatly helped by everyone here. Of course it couldnt be me!

At any rate thanks to all of you for responding, caring, and giving me your time.

((((((((((hugs and love to all of you!)))))))))))))))))

Bets

Archived