Mental Health Forums

Fluoxetine (Uk)

DaisyChain

Sandoz have recalled all fluoxetine

I had my last lot last Thursday and havent been able to get any since then, am supposed to be getting something tomorrow from docs, but I'll have to wait and see, Ive heard that for the last three days!

I would so like to poke someones eye out at the moment...

Anyway, my point is, if you are prescribed it you might want to order your repeat prescription to make sure you get an alternative. I think its only the generic that has been recalled and that Prozac is still available.

I would so like to hit my gp for prescribing cheaper alternatives. grrr

i take fluoxetine, but a different brand to the one you mention so maybe taking your prescription to a different chemist may help? ive found especially with my propranolol that i never get the same brand 2 months running, and thats despite going to the same chemist for them! im a bit paranoid (haha!) so i dont pick up my fluoxetine locally, so maybe you could shop around as it were too??

....or am i being totally thick and got the wrong end of the stick? if so, then just ignore me! lol!

hope you get something from the docs tomorrow anyway hun x

I thought that when you were on drugs for your mental health they were supposed to keep you on the same brand?? I read that lithium must be the same one each time. Don't know about the others?

Archived