Mental Health Forums

Latest Work From Art Group

Roses

I hated sewing at school but I made this for my Mother-In-Law over the past few weeks. It's just a plain hessian bag and I ty-dyed a couple a pieces of old cloth, sewed a loada sequins on and then attached them to the bag. One side green, one side yellow/pink so she can carry it which ever way round goes with her clothes! As you can see my stitching is not great as I really do suck at sewing but I think it's quite effective.

What a lovely bag Roses :)

What lovely bright colours they are and I love the idea of being able to turn it around too.

What other things have you done at your group?

I think it's really beautiful Roses, wish I could make something like that!

I love the way you've done it the 2 different colours each side so she can carry it either way to match her out-fits!

xx

Thanks everyone! xxxxx

vrma, I did a canvas piece of rainbow and sun, it should be a little bit down the list in this section of the forum. Was about a month ago. Tbh I only just started doing 'proper' art group a few months ago but have always been interested in it and done lots off my own back over the years and with the kids. I do enjoy cardmaking and have been attending a group for that for a few years now. I think I posted some around beginning of year.

Drew, making your own jewellery is way cool. I'll have to have a go at that. When I was a teenager I made some jewellery out of Fimo but I don't think that's fashionable any more!

You guys are great. xxxxx

Roses,

That is beautiful, I've said it before, but I'll say it again, you really are talented. The colours are lovely and the embellishments add the finishing touch,not everyone would have thought to make it reversible.

Your sewing looks fine to me btw, I'm the cross-stitcher who's tearing her hair out trying to upload the 13"x13" Celtic knot.(gggrrrrrrrr!)

The talents of people here are a joy.

Best wishes,

Cryst

Its pretty, Roses! I'm sure she will love it. That was a wonderful idea to have the different colors so it will go with pretty much any outfit!

xxx

i love the colours roses, and its great it can be turned around to go with different outfits! how clever and cool is that? :) you have alot of talent there hun

Thank you everyone xxxxxxxx

Crystal, I remember something about that. Did I talk to you about it before, can't remember what I said off the top of my head... but if you right click the closed file and choose 'open with paint' then you can got into the tool bar across the top and select 'image' in there is the open to 'resize/scew'. Go in there and in the resize box click a % to decrease it by (say 50%). Put same amount in both boxes, hit return and it will get smaller. Then just keep making it smaller until it is small enough that when you save it, it is under the max size to upload. Good luck and sorry if I'm repeating myself! xxxxx

Thanks Rael. I have a darker picture in my mind for my next project but I need a REALLY big canvas and lots of paper mache....hmmmm......

lovely hunny truely very well done! :) hope to see the next artwork soon!!!!! cant wait! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived