Mental Health Forums

I Feel Like Im Dieing.

Shelley

SW...I joined theTRAP, but wish I hadn't as I read some very fucking scary story's, and the list of withdrawel symptoms I can expect to suffer in rehab, now Im shitting bricks, now im not so positive, now I don't even know if I want to do rehab, maybe I should just continue reducing by something like 1mg a week, it's really upset me, im not blaming you, I know you are trying to help, and it is probably good that I know the facts, but im a totall fucking mess now, I knew it woulds be hard, but that shit ? No, not a clue!

Jesus fucking christ!

Going to dive under my duvet so the kids don't see me cry!

Awww sorry to hear that Anna.

It seems scary at first, but they really do know better than doctors and rehabs.

The mistake doctors make is trying to taper people too quickly.

A slow taper will minimize symptoms, and you can drop the dose, when, and only when, you are ready.

Am upset that you are upset.

1mg a week is too fast.

I am tapering 0.25mg, but not yet, as I am not stabilized.

As soon as these symptoms abate, I will do my 0.25mg drop.

That is what they recommended to me on that site.

It seems scary at first, but the members on that site, will be happy to allay your fears and answer any questions that you want.

They even helped me with how to approach my doctor.

Don't be scared by others' experiences on that site, as some members on there have been addicted to benzos for decades.

The only reason people have bad symptoms is cos they tapered too quickly.

Try not to lose heart, I know its scary, you are not alone, I am there too.

x hugs

Thanks SW, my name on there is TML I had allready registered ages ago, but forgot, Ive only posted in introductions, but I have read the list of withdrawel symptoms and some personal stories, enough to know that rehab may not be the best way to go about this.

Peace

Archived