Look At The Picture What Do You See?

sanctuary

Will reveal answer later  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What is this Person feeling?

• Angry
    • Hurt
    • Uncertain

hurt, coupled with trying to hold it in, breaching on the next emotion, which I would say is uncertainty that it is okay to be angry.

ANSWER: HURT

Great!!

Ok so there were only 8 votes but no one voted Angry which is great.

There is a site where the general public can choose emotions for each face and the stats were something like this:

Of 100,000 people who did the test, most faces were correctly diagnosed at around the 97% mark.

This picture, however, really confused people and 27% thought it was angry, 57% hurt and the rest uncertain.

My conclusion is that when someone is hurt, they often appear angry, which explains to me why no one want to hug us when they think we're angry when in fact we're hurting and really need nurturing. So, looks like the general population can't really figure this one out.

Interestingly, the look of disgust was universally seen and was something like 99.9%. But this one, well, we haven't evolved enough to see when someone is hurting by the looks of things.

Just for fun... but I thought it was worth noting as BPD people have been proved to be hypervigilant to expressions. (And going beyond to actually thinking exactly what the person was thinking lol to those who posted those comments - great to know we're a creative bunch!!)

People addicted to opiate drugs,(morphine/codeine/heroin etc) apparently, have difficulty in reading peoples emotions visually. Does this mean that people who are actively self harming, hence producing endorphines (natural morphine), have problems reading peoples emotions? :wacko:

I see an actress posing and trying to pull off an emotion.

Possibly uncertainty.

She maybe pulling a face, but there is nothing behind it, so it just looks fake to me.

:)

Archived