Mental Health Forums

Scared Of Doing It Again

amy84

Paracetamol overdose  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Has anyone else taken a paracetamol overdose?

• Yes, once
    • No
    • No but have taken something else
    • Yes, more than once

aww thanks roses... I've calmed down a bit now, I have to admit I've succumbed to having a beer, but the odd one won't hurt!

you're probably absolutely right, it's something and nothing, but it's like a vicious circle isn't it, you worry so much you feel even more ill and then you convince yourself you've got some horrific fatal condition...

a xxx

I know. When I was really ill and in hossie for a long time I was convinced my toe was broken. It hurt and everything but was all in my head apparently. Aura cleansing can help a lot cos they say that any illness starts in the aura and works it's way into the physical body so if you keep your chakra tip top and cleanse yourself regualrly it is supposed to help. xxx

Hi ya amy again,

sry that searching on google made you stress more.

There is two things that happen when in hospital when you take OD on paracetomol, one it goes by length of time you absorbed the tablets, ie, was it 5hrs before you went to hospital or 48hrs or more. The thing is, the earlier you go into hospital, is that the stuff they put you on is no antidotote, it there to help and wash and make sure there is no scarring and other stuff. If it has been a long time, some hospitals wont bother with the siliene drip. Years before, again depending on time, they used to wash out the stomach, i haven't had that since over 15yrs, i think they found was a waste of time, it prob caused more harm than good.

What i am trying to say, every doctor is bound to tell you the repocussion of our actions, its part a scare act, to make you aware of what your doing, and they have to tell you the worst scenerio of the act, doh they only seem to do this on ODs, any other matter, is wait for the professionals and see what they say, this is my case just now, regarding my own health probs.

You be surprised how much your body and organs will fight for survival, i have had many ODs and no i am not any worse than someone who drinks, "like me" but be aware, continualy do it, eventually your body wont recover. Said this in my first reply. I wont shy away in saying, i have been told people have died even taking more than 8 tablets, never come across that, but my respect of my body is, everyones body is diffrent and will deal in its own way.

Sry if i am sounding upfront and that, i have been in your postition, majority time, give it time your body will heal, unless you had a very big problem in first place.

xx hun, sent you pm on the stuff for cleansing the liver and that.

Thank you so, so much...

You'll be pleased to hear a doctor rang me this morning, and really put my mind at rest. She said that one test came back as slightly over a certain level, but it was nothing to worry about... she also talked to me about how the liver is a forgiving organ, and once it cleans the toxins out it gets back to normal.

I've had a tough first day on venlafaxine... heart racing, talking like the clappers, couldn't sit still, giddy, but it's better than the way I have been feeling. Plus it amused my work colleagues and I got loads done... I went to interview a little boy and I swear his mum thought I was a smackhead!

Smiling properly for the first time in a while...

amy x x

Archived