Mental Health Forums

Meetings Anyone?

amy84

Hey all,

I'm wide awake, gotta go into work at 6am but fuck it...

Anyway, I've had an idea. I've been looking for group therapy stuff round where I live and have drawn a blank. So, I was wondering if maybe other people were interested, we could set some up?

My idea is, anyone who's interested post on here their rough location etc and we'll set up mini groups and meet up once a month or so? If no one's interested then never mind!

So, I'll start off, my location midweek is South Cumbria, and at weekends near Blackburn...

Amy xx

yeah sry amy, didnt want to ignore, i am up far north, would of loved to try and get a group going.

maybe we all could put our heads together to see if there is anything around your areas, you be surprised, unless your in the sticks.

ok i will bump this up amy :)

some people take time to reply, so i guess just wait and see, if anyone is in same area. Me i have met a couple of people from here from where i live, they have gone further, which they are in pychotherapy FT, so i am pleased they are going there, me i guess i have to look around or something.

this has been viewed 42 times...

so if we exclude the times me, you and piuma have looked and expressed an interest (5) that's 3 people out of 39 who are interested, or 7%...

therefore, with the total number of members on this site at 14,357, 7% equals 1,004 people who may eventually view this post and express an interest!

Sorry hun my hubbie wouldn't allow it. I shoul've replied the first time I came on. Sounds like a good idea though best of luck xxx

i would love to find a group where i live because i spend too much time alone but i live in france. but its a great idea!

starry x

I'm prepared to travel to Manchester... it's only a 35 minute drive away... let's see how many more people show an interest.

See guys, we're starting to get some results! x

I live in nottingham, but i have to use public transport to get anywhere because i can't drive. It makes it difficult for me to attend meet ups

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I live in Shropshire but could travel to the North West, and a few other places that have been mentioned.

I'm in Bristol... and can only travel as far as my little moped will go.

(Traveled to Evesham once on her and took me 5hrs as no motorway for mopeds) LOL

Silverwolf... aww gutted, I don't know how I'd cope without the M6 ha... but perseverence is the key, I reckon we could be onto a winner with this post!

Good to see there's a few NW people signed up... xx

I am in Lancs too but have trouble with agoraphobia and the thought of a meet would turn me into a jelly. Nice idea though. :)

There are potential dangers to meeting people from the internet. People are not always as they seem. Its best to meet in a public place, not someones house. And make sure you don't go off on your own with someone unless you are really sure. And tell people where you are going.

just posting to say iv read this, so im not just a 'view'

i live in scotland and anyways wouldnt be personally interested, t triggers me big time so if im ever going to consider it'll be one on one, but i think you have an interesting idea. meme also has a good point, maybe you could try and find someone who would supervise in someway, like an external mod? maybe a volanteer at a mh charity, that would keep things safer, and not make it all part of this board

anyways, just wanted to post to say i have read

Hey there...

all good suggestions, obviously I wasn't planning on suggesting everyone turns up at my house! I was thinking somewhere public like.. well I'd like to say a pub but maybe that isn't such a good idea... maybe just like a cafe or something...

It's only early days yet, I don't think we need to rush into it, it's just nice to know there are people who might find it helpful... especially when (for me anyway) you spend all your time round happy, cheery people who have absolutely no idea what's wrong with you!

Thanks for the posts guys xxx

Archived