Mental Health Forums

Pin-pointed My Lifetraps.

LadyMacbeth

I am reading the book my T gave me and I have taken every test in the book to determine my life traps.

out of 10-60 points I will go from highest to lowest

Subjunction 60

Defectiveness 59

Vulnerability 56

Emotional Deprivation 55

Social Exclusion 50

Unrelenting Standards 45

Abuse and Mistrust 46

Abandonment 42

Entitlement 30

Dependence 28

Subjunction is the need to please others. Being able to feel the pain of others and constantly putting their needs before mine. Don't need to explain that one thats a given! :lol: With with this lifetrap usually always go into the helping profession.

Defectiveness This is the feeling of being unworthy of love. Feeling that no body will ever love me once they get to know the real me. I will die alone.

Vulnerability. This lifetrap I could totally relate too. People who suffer with panic disorder fall under this category. I worry obsessively about my health. I am a hypochondriac. I avoid doctors. I am always afraid of the bodily sensations. I obsess over an illness and think that I have it and can give myself a panic attack over it.

Emotional Deprivation. Chronic emptines. Neglect, feelings of isolation.

Social ExclusionFeeling inferior to others. Feeling like an outsider.

Unrelenting StandardsFeeling constantly frustrated with not meeting my high standards.

Abuse and mistrust Self-explanatory.

Abandonment Self-explanatory.

Entitlement Impulsivity. Acting on emotional impulses.

Dependence Not feeling as if you can cope on your own. This seems to be my weakest life trap.

I am now going to try analyzing my own personal lifetraps and show my T.

Wow, you really seem to be progressing along in leaps and bounds. You have such an acute understanding and sense of your problems. Which in turn makes you an excellent 'counsellor' and friend to many on this site.

I have much admiration for you, I wonder how on earth you manage to give so much of yourself all the time, when you clearly need so much from others too. (Josh springs to mind here...)

I believe this is called being unselfish, which you are rather good at.

I wish I was more like this.

I am kind of suprised you haven't already set up your own website for advice and information in the states! (hey now there's an idea). You would be brill!!

I can see you doing great things in your life Emma.

Claire

((((((((Thanks Claire))))))))

I like helping people because thats who I am but it is nice that you acknowledged it. Thanks hun you made me feel less of a faliure. :)

Archived