Mental Health Forums

Hi There

keidzhii

hi there. i am 18 and male.

This or even last 2 years (actually dont remember) have been pretty fucked up for me. You see, the problem is that i`m not together with my senses, not living the moment. my breathing is fucked up, also i think that it influences my heart, because really often my heart beats really fast. I find it really hard to concentrate, communicate, i feel really unpeaceful. Do i simply care about what others think of me ? in school i cant learn anything... i simply sit and listen but anyway my mind is somewhere else. this is not normal and needs to be stopped. it has been 1 time this year when i have felt peaceful and it was wonderful, you dont have any idea how good your life is :) so yeah, waiting for your suggestions... Is there anyone with symptoms like mine? i just really want to find out what is this thing

Hello there and welcome to this site. I am 33 but I have suffered since I was an early teen. The symptoms you describe sound like a depression with anxiety. Anxiety can give you rapid heart beat and short breaths. Depression can make you feel shut off and confused and agitated as well. Have you been to your GP for an MOT? You should have an ECG to rule out excessive ectopic (irregular) heart beats and aneamia or liver/kidney or thyroid disfunction as anaemia makes you tired and run down and thyroid problems can make you lose or gain weight and make you lethargic and stuff. I'm sure that if you told them all your symptoms they would do bloods routinely and discuss if there is anything in your life that could be making you feel down. xxx

GP is general practitioner.

MOT is like MOT on car - to check all basic functions are correct and present in full working order

ECG is echo-cardiogram. They monitor your heart for a few seconds by sticking labels on you to make sure rhythm is regular and you are not missing too many beats (ectopic beats). You can have many in a day and be healthy but if you have a increase in them you may be prescrubed propanolol to regulate them. I was on them for anxiety but they are a beta-blocker also.

I'm sure you are fit and well but they usually check things out to rule out any physical problem before looking at the mental health side.

Are you in the UK? You don't sound stupid at all babe, it's good that you asked and didn't go off worrying about it, thank you xxxxx

also could you explain how this theraphy goes? or will medicine do the miracle ? i`m asking because i just can`t imagine how i can get out of this state of mind and live in peace!!

well i dont know what those abrovations means but when i met my therapist she said that this is because there are too many emotions in me and i must rework them... i didnt saw any progress we were just talking about random stuff. i met her like 7 times without any progress

Traditional 'counselling' focuses on talking about what happened to you and going through it all and getting it out there with a view to looking at making positive changes in your life and it can be a lengthly process of 18months-2 years for significant improvement

CBT - cognitive behavioural therapy is what I have had recently and it looks not at the ins and outs of it all but at what the problem is, understand why you do it and put strategies in place to fix it. The last lot I had was a 12 week course just focusing on sh and it's turned my life around. The problem with counselling is that you are always seeming to dwell on the past and not move forward. There was only 1 of the 12 sessions we actually dwelt on it and that was to set the scene. The rest of the time I was filling in sheets on my behaviour and we were discussing my behaviour in a positive manner to help me to change my patterns and so on.

DBT - not sure but is another behaviour therapy and is supposed to be one of the best for BPD and is similar to CBT I think.

Schema - is the most up-to-date I think and looks at the different sides of our personalities as far as I can tell. Like mind-mapping all the facets of yourself and seeing how they interact with the world and with each other. I'm not sure, if you google it I'm sure there is plenty documented as for the DBT.

I hope this helps.

thanks. my psychologist sad that she wants to try meditation together with me, but i know that there is no way that it can work, i have tried meditation uncountable times, had been doing it for like 3times a day for a week but anyway no success.. just felt like i`m doing breathing and just couldn`t land on the earth, don`t know how to not force myself. ahh this is so hard... there are 2 conditions in which i live :

1) trying to live the moment... it feels like i have to force myself to do this or maybe i just can`t find the moment anymore.

2) just jumping in my mind and in the real world like just doing something that i dont want to and not paying any attention to it.

for example when i decide i want to watch tv i just can`t do it because i`m not actually doing it... and that is like how my whole life goes for about 2 years!!! Only 2 minutes in those 2 years when i have been myself... and so this is anxiety you say yes? allright don`t know why did i actually wrote everything this.. just a bigger picture about myself for you.

Sounds like how I felt when I was really ill and I don't remember much of it either, like I was in a fog. What is your dx? You say you have a psychologist, are you on any meds or under a consultant? Are you in the UK?

no. i`m from Latvia. whats is dx ? :D no i don`t use any meds, actually i think that my therapist doesn`t know how i feel actually, because she was speaking with me and thought that i`m listening to her :D

btw i have also often described this state as a fog.. even when you are looking around you things don`t look like they are real, it`s like that you don`t have reality sense

god i`m worrying so much because it`s 1 month left till schoo... if i don`t get to norma; i won`t learn anything again just like in last year... also this is the endindg class. this is bad

Hi am welcome hope this site helps you as much as its helped me!! I dont have those symptoms but i never feel peaceful either or relax i fell like im constantly wound up in a tight coil. Maybe go to your dr hun get a professional opinion xxxx

sounds like dissociation more than anything

why dont you research a bit and see if it fits? maybe knowing more would help understand? best of luckx

Archived