Mental Health Forums

Favourite Quotes!

sanctuary

Ok, I'll start off with one...

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.’

— Helen Keller

" 'Good morning' said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out further than the brim of his shady hat.

'What do you mean?' he said. 'Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?'

'All of them at once,' said Bilbo."

-The Hobbit, by J.R.R Tolkien

No matter how hard the wind blows, the mountain will not bow down to it - Chinese proverb

Better to be a bloodless corpse than alive and your blood putrid - Lorca (Spanish playwright)

Is it Rosemary the telephone operator??? - Hong Kong Fooey

Shall I compare thee to a summers day?

For thou art more fair and more temperate.

Rough winds doth shake the darling buds of May

and summer's lease hath far too short a stay. - Shakespeare sonnet

Don't think. FEEL. It is like a finger pointing away to the moon. Do not concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory. - Bruce Lee, Enter The Dragon

A foolish man tells a woman to stop talking, but a wise man tells her that her mouth is extremely beautiful when her lips are closed

“'You are drunk Sir Winston, you are disgustingly drunk. 'Yes, Mrs. Braddock, I am drunk. But you, Mrs. Braddock are ugly, and disgustingly fat. But, tomorrow morning, I, Winston Churchill will be sober.”

tramp begs for money, well dressed man passing says 'never a beggar nor borrower be - william shakespeare'

tramp says 'fuck off - dh lawerence'

can i quote a whole poem?? philip larkin this be the verse

they fuck you up your mum and dad

they may not mean to but they do

they fill you with the faults they had

and add some extra just for you

but they were fucked up in there turn

by old sytle fools in hats and coats

who half the time were soppy stern

and half at one anothers throats

man hands on misery to man

it deepens like a coastal shelf

so get out while you can

and dont have any kids yourself

she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug jim morrison, another jim morrison - we like it here, it hurts and its hell,but its also a hell of alot more real than the trip i see you on

rivers know this - there is no hurry, we will get there one day winnie the pooh

theres nothing i hate more than nothing. nothing keeps me awake at night. i toss and turn over nothing. nothing could start a great big fight. edie brickell

i allways pass on good advice, its of no use to oneselve - oscar wilde

god have mercy on the man who doubts what hes sure of - springsteen

the worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them but to be indifferent to their plight, that is the essence of inhumanity GB Shaw

i myself am hell robert lowell

when it comes to nightmares we are each truely on our own laura weise

understand we can never belong - manics (i think)

every theroetical explaination is a reducation of intutition - peter hoeg

"but juliette...your a doctor, you kill people every day" - from shallow grave

"dont get mad, get everything" - ivana trump

(brians mum to the 3 wise men) "what are you doing creeping around in the middle of the night? that doesnt sound very wise to me" - the life of brian

and being a huge lynda carter fan, heres a few of my faves - from her, not from wonder woman ;)

"There's only a certain amount of feminine analyzing that men can take before they shut down"

"That’s the whole point of this country: freedom of speech, personal rights, personal freedom. Nor would Wonder Woman be the person to tell people how to live their lives. Worry about your own life! Worry about your own family! Don't be telling me what I want to do with mine."

A quote from my daugter-she was learning about the great fire of london at school

me:So, when was the great fire of london

Daughter:after lunch before PE

:)

OK favourite quote from my girl "I love hugging you Mummy, cos you smell so lovely" melts me every time.

Favourite quote from my boy "I only let Mum hug me, and only when no-one else is around" typical boy ROFL!!

"To see a world in a grain of sand,

And heaven in a wildflower

To hold infinity in the palm of your hand

And eternity in an hour"

-Blake, Auguries of Innocence

"It's only through the bitter than we can taste the sweet, and only for the sweet that we live."

• 2 weeks later...

A quote I have on the front page of my journal:

"Odi et amo; quare id faciam,

fortasse requiris.

Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excracior"

Translated, it's roughly:

"I hate and I love; why do I do so you may well ask.

I do not know, but I feel it happen and am in agony-"

got to be my all time favorite

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former

Albert Einstein :rolleyes:

Quote from my friends 5year old daughter " slow down mummy, Ive only got 4 legs you know"

"Understand what I've become, it wasn't my design..." -The Cranberries

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former

That's a really good quote. Another quote of his that's similar that I like is:

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

That's a really good quote. Another quote of his that's similar that I like is:

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

good one that got one more not einstein but good non the less

Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.

thats mohamed ali

"Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it."

ah a quote page is no good without some Firefly quotes.

Captain Malcolm Reynolds: "I don't believe there's a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful. Sometimes you just wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month."

Jayne: "Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you know who's in ruttin' command."

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."

--Helen Keller

Archived