Mental Health Forums

Issues About Size And Fat Girls At Parties

Sammy

like i said when im a size ten i dont like my body half as much as when im a size forteen

plus there is nothing nice about getting perved on/hit on loads, i much prefer when i am overlooked, feel much safer and happier then

yeah sb you're right, the fact that people notice wieght/looks at all means no one is happy bout this stuff

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• roxy222

• Ruth24

• Sammy

• toaster

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously there is no denying that other people have emotional/psychological problems too, my point is just that we seem to be a target to other people because of our weight (underweight/overweight) Yes I have other problems too, many other problems due to poor childhood experiences etc.. as well as debt problems, relationship issues etc... But if I could be left alone, not abused by strangers maybe I would feel better able to deal with all my other issues.

Not only this but if I'm strong enough to deal with my personal issues then surely I have the right to do that and make a happy life for myself without being brought back down by people when I step outside my front door?

Your friend perhaps had issues she didn't feel strong enough to deal with, but had she been able to do you think it would be fair for others to take the opportunity away from her by abusing her each time she stepped out the front door?

Because that is how I feel, I feel I have so many issues that need to be faced up to and resolved before I can ever be happy, but the way things are right now even if I sorted them out I have no chance of being happy and living life to it's fullest because others won't allow me to, because they are hell bent on bringing me down and destroying me.

ok im alittle confused, sammy i thought you said size 16? have i got muddled, just that is slim

my tow closest friends where i am are larger, they are both short and one ranges from a 14 to 18, the other 16 to 22. but they are both still beautiful, they are naturally curvy so would prob not look right if my size anyways. they dress pretty, take care of their appearance etc so maybe this is part of why they dont find this bad treatment. ofcourse they had some of it at scholl (and surprise surprise both slimer then too, same as me) but as adults bar a couple of random insults from drunken ideots, or tactless mistakes (one friend got asked when the baby was due) they dont get badly treated because of their weight, and both get positive attention for their appearance too (they like this, i personally dont like it when i get it)

I stick out like a sore thumb and I hate it. People stare at me and look at me and I have been stalked, it is not nice. The REAL issue that anyone who is perceived as 'different' to someone, for whatever the reason, is open to persecution be it from positive or negative attention. Whether it is size, colour, religion, sexual preference whateva it is the same pre-conceptions that cause the problem.

Roses, you are right about people looking at others weird just b/c they don't fit the "mold." I have kind of gotten used to it ... sort of my flair, my signature. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. It's my personality and I am allowed to be whatever i want to be, however strange it comes off as. sometimes I think it might still be a distancing thing, but I can't BEAR to be put into a a conservative mold. I have been stalked in my past too. It is NOT fun ... it is scary. I have driven to the "wrong" house so whoever was following me to find out where I lived would not know where I lived ... gone so far as to park the car and walk up the steps while they drove away. I have hid in the bathroom with the phone while a neighbor went out to the parking lot to shoo a man off who was waiting in the car. I have pretended NOT to be home to men who just would not go away. I was so anxious inside my apartment, I felt I was holding my breath in fear while the knocking kept going on and on. I had to be so still ....

My wedding dress was made for me and I think it was a size 16 ... I look huge against my mother and mother in law! I really look like a well fed German. But fuk it, i was happy.

Oh, and BTW, I was a bit slimmer later on, maybe a size 12, and the fat was mostly out front like it is now. Several people HAVE asked me when my baby was due. I just say I'm not pregnant and let their embarrassment fall where it may. And of course, it doesn't feel good.

Archived