Mental Health Forums

Cyberspace Unreal?

melbadaze

I wasn't mocking anybody and I'm not overreacting.

You're welcome to think I am. But the reality of things is that I found the back and forth entertaining, not laughable. And my reaction was measured and well thought out. I took the time to write what I feel and why I feel that way. I didn't just throw out wild accusations without backing them up with any real evidence. Please check yourself before you blame me of misconduct.

you said it made you laugh, your words

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBH placebo I'm completely fucking paranoid today and I've been accused of wanting the forums 'policed' before and with most of my family in the 'police' I'm turning into a jibbering wreck of total paranoia!

Ok, so let's leave it then. I don't understand what you are referring to with the trolls and stuff but I'm sure I'm gonna be none the wiser for knowing.

sorry your having a shitty day

why would we wanna hut you. and im sorry but i find you term 'little house on the prairie' act offesinve. its one thing mocking us when we are trying to be compsionate and empathising with people. some people genuinely find that difficult on here, but they challenge they're views. I find it even more offesive that you call it an act, like i said people do not have to respon to you or anyone else on here.

maybe you dont feel comfortable accepting this kind of response, cos you see it as fake, im sorry but that is your isse and if you aren't prepared to challenge it, then i think its unfair you should ask me to. not that you did personally. after my first post, i tried above to see it in another way, tried to relate.open my eyes to other ways of thinking. i just find that you are judging people on here who may already find it hard to post, adn now, after reading this, if they are worried or insecure, may feel that when people give genuine replies, they arent to be trusted. i think thats unfair of you.

this topic is interesting, i actually do understand what it is like to have a narcissitc/maunchausens mother, she was a nightmare. and at times can still be very fake and false, she was pretty evil to me as a child. how ever my main problem is with her. not the rest of the world. although i do find people in rl to trust. like i said, on here, i feel safe.

what do you think it would take you to not find us false? no hugs, no kisses, does that really make what a post or a reply is about and weather its worthy of trusting or not!

i am not very articulate and i struggle with stuff like this cos i cant get it clearly, but i hope you understand my poin. not a nag, just a disagreement with you.

What would it take??? I dunno...am I judging? I guess I am...thats what I do...I don't get time to relax and let go...must defend at all costs...I'm not sure what I'm looking for.....I wonder if cyberspace attracks a certain sort of individual? I don't know....I wonder if some people just aren't suited to cyberspace???...am I trying to recreate my earlier experiences of not feeling I belong? my issues are deep and complex....I guess I'm not just a "victim" type of person but also the type of person that needs to rid themselves of the cruelty afflicted on them???? I wish I could cut that part of me out...but I can't....perhaps I'm not being fair on cyberspace nor on myself???? cyberspace feels like a delusion that I am drawn too and my battle begins....I must escape my tormentors...I see the world through my abuse....I do not see the real world...

It sounds like you are in a lot of pain, seeing the world through the abuse dealt to you. It's what abuse does, it offloads its shit onto the abused and turns them into their own perpetrator. It's like a virus that way, invading the host and converting them into a virus-part factory. I think it's wonderful that you came to this forum to work on this together with us. That's a big step for someone who can't believe anyone would really be nice to them. Yay you!

Plenty of people here and elsewhere have trust issues and lack skills in receiving compliments, hugs, and other niceties. We're all still ok, we're all just trying to get by the best way we can. It's a sad truth that oftentimes when people hurt inside, they reincarnate that pain upon the next person they run into. It strikes me that the only way I can interrupt my own trajectory of past pains, is by random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. So sometimes I serve up my truths with extra sugar on top, just for the sheer joy of it.

Can you tell us more about what you are looking for from cyber pals? Perhaps making a positive statement will bring more people that relate than a negative one does. "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar". The way out is by following your bliss, and I'm curious to know what stuff lights up your life.

Oh, LOL! I don't know about all that little-house-on-the-prairie shit, all i know is they used to call me Half Pint when I was little cos I looked just like melissa gilbert on the tv show, braids and big teeth and all....plus the nickname for my house is "Lil' House In Tha Ghetto"! so pardon me for being amused over your choice of phrasing, it's a funny coincidence for me. :)

Adding my light to yours,

cat

TBH placebo I'm completely fucking paranoid today and I've been accused of wanting the forums 'policed' before and with most of my family in the 'police' I'm turning into a jibbering wreck of total paranoia!

Ok, so let's leave it then. I don't understand what you are referring to with the trolls and stuff but I'm sure I'm gonna be none the wiser for knowing.

Hi Sanctuary! Just trying to offer a friendly distraction, but did you see that Youtube video going around of the cop who tazed himself? hhahahahaha! That's the kind of policework I like. And I think you are groovy and I enjoy your posts. Paranoia is a pain in the assssssssss! I feel for you, friend.

Be well,

cat

I don't think so. I think if you had gone on to read what I had to say and not just how it made me feel you would have found it very helpful, but I can understand how you could misinterpret that first line of it and ignored the rest as a result.

And yes, I do think forum users policing the forums and trolling should be dismissed. It may be genuine but there is nothing important about it. The important thing is that we get along and help each other, not take cheap shots at each other when we are trying to do just that.

Do you think you can try to respond without resorting to name calling? Stating your opinion of what I say as a fact is a misrepresentation of the facts. I won't respond to another one of these attacks on my character.

there was no name calling or attacks on your charater

Patronising, tactless and unhelpful are the names you called me. If you had given any valid reason for either I'd consider them as opinions but given as they were, it was name calling.

You're welcome to think I am. But the reality of things is that I found the back and forth entertaining, not laughable. And my reaction was measured and well thought out. I took the time to write what I feel and why I feel that way. I didn't just throw out wild accusations without backing them up with any real evidence. Please check yourself before you blame me of misconduct.

Did you ever laugh at something without mocking it? Do you mock the stand up comedian on tv every time he makes a funny joke? Do you mock someone who falls down when it makes you laugh? Do you mock your superiors when you laugh nervously to cover up your shame?

No, no and no. Laughing does not equal mocking. You felt insulted but not because I was insulting you. That was your perception of things and not the reality of my actions. Try and see the truth of things for what it is in spite of the very real fear what they might be.

I understand why and am sorry you were offended, but I don't think I'm to blame for you being offended. I made a harmless remark that you misinterpreted as a personal insult. Because, and only because, you made this misinterpretation I am forced to explain myself. So I explained myself and yet you are refusing to accept this valid and legitimate explanation, because you're still hurting from the imagined insult. No way for me to win here until you calm down and decide to look at the facts, instead of going with just your feelings.

I'd also like to ask, roxy, that if you want to continue this back and forth let's please do it in private. I hardly think it concerns everybody that reads this topic at this point.

I don't think so. I think if you had gone on to read what I had to say and not just how it made me feel you would have found it very helpful, but I can understand how you could misinterpret that first line of it and ignored the rest as a result.

And yes, I do think forum users policing the forums and trolling should be dismissed. It may be genuine but there is nothing important about it. The important thing is that we get along and help each other, not take cheap shots at each other when we are trying to do just that.

Do you think you can try to respond without resorting to name calling? Stating your opinion of what I say as a fact is a misrepresentation of the facts. I won't respond to another one of these attacks on my character.

there was no name calling or attacks on your charater

Patronising, tactless and unhelpful are the names you called me. If you had given any valid reason for either I'd consider them as opinions but given as they were, it was name calling.

Did you ever laugh at something without mocking it? Do you mock the stand up comedian on tv every time he makes a funny joke? Do you mock someone who falls down when it makes you laugh? Do you mock your superiors when you laugh nervously to cover up your shame?

No, no and no. Laughing does not equal mocking. You felt insulted but not because I was insulting you. That was your perception of things and not the reality of my actions. Try and see the truth of things for what it is in spite of the very real fear what they might be.

I understand why and am sorry you were offended, but I don't think I'm to blame for you being offended. I made a harmless remark that you misinterpreted as a personal insult. Because, and only because, you made this misinterpretation I am forced to explain myself. So I explained myself and yet you are refusing to accept this valid and legitimate explanation, because you're still hurting from the imagined insult. No way for me to win here until you calm down and decide to look at the facts, instead of going with just your feelings.

I'd also like to ask, roxy, that if you want to continue this back and forth let's please do it in private. I hardly think it concerns everybody that reads this topic at this point.

i did not call you names, i said your post was tactless etc, not you. and i have no interest in speaking with you privately. i dont think your remark was harmless, and i explained why, citing reasons, not name calling, as i have a right to do so. i have no interest in replying to you again on this matter

Don't fight kiddies, it gets me excited coz I am addicted to drama!!!!

no fight, believe me, no drama at all

Dam! (Melba wanders off in search of some drama) :-))))

Archived