Mental Health Forums

New

Myers

Hi and welcome........

You have come to the right place for help and support and everyone is really friendly here... hope this site helps you

Best wishes,

Harmony x

Hello. I'm Michael, a sociopath/psychopath, depending on your choice of word. I don't really know what to say... If you have any questions about myself, just ask.

hey Michael,   how you doing?  I'm marc, here if ya need any help finding you way around the site, take care .

x

Hi Michael. Glad you found us. This is a great site with lots of friendly people to talk to. I look forward to hearing more from you. Take care ^_^ beishek

Hello. I'm Michael, a sociopath/psychopath, depending on your choice of word. I don't really know what to say... If you have any questions about myself, just ask.

Michael, can I choose to say you have antisocial personality disorder, is that ok?

welcomeani.gif to the forum.

My only question at the moment is... how are you feeling today?

Michael, can I choose to say you have antisocial personality disorder, is that ok?

You can call me whatever you want. Although, I hope you know that ASPD is not synonymous with psychopathy.

My only question at the moment is... how are you feeling today?

Fine.

I hope you know that ASPD is not synonymous with psychopathy.

Ooh I didn't know that. Whats the difference?

ASPD is merely a personality disorder. Its only marked difference from societal norms is a pervasive disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others, respectively quoted from the DSM-IV. A diagnosis is established by the patient's actions, usually criminal actions. The behavior is often the result of a poor upbringing or negative influences. And ASPDs are perfectly capable of emotion, unlike their better half.

Psychopathy, as recent studies have shown, is the result of a dysfunction in the uncinate fasciculus, a white matter tract that connects the orbitofrontal cortex and amygdala, among other regions. While the UF does not have a direct role in behavior, it causes abnormalities in parts of the brain that it connects. The upbringing of a psychopath seems to be irrelevant, as many psychopaths come from sound homes. And the checklists for the two disorders are different.

So, Michael Myers... the name is a clever one no?

That was my parents fault. Sadly, they had no idea they named me after a fictional serial killer. Even more sadly, I hate the remake of Halloween.

Yeah, and there's Mike Myers who did Wayne's World / Austin Powers / Shrek etc....

I can't believe no-one up to now has mentioned the ever so appropriate Hallowe'en link.

"I can't believe no-one up to now has mentioned the ever so appropriate Hallowe'en link."

Well, maybe we're not all so super perceptive as you. Stupid fools, aren't we! Perfect psychopath breakfast! Give us a break Roses.

welcome again, heres a snippet for you.

Is the psychopath, sociopath, and someone with the Antisocial Personality Disorder one and the same? The DSM says "yes". Scholars such as Robert Hare and Theodore Millon beg to differ. The psychopath has antisocial traits for sure but they are coupled with and enhanced by callousness, ruthlessness, extreme lack of empathy, deficient impulse control, deceitfulness, and sadism.

Like other personality disorders, psychopathy becomes evident in early adolescence and is considered to be chronic. But unlike most other personality disorders, it is frequently ameliorated with age and tends to disappear altogether in by the fourth or fifth decade of life. This is because criminal behavior and substance abuse are both determinants of the disorders and behaviors more typical of young adults.

Psychopathy may be hereditary. The psychopath's immediate family usually suffer from a variety of personality disorders.

Again all hear say, new things allways takes a while to find footing, but yeah the idea of aspd and psychopath is still in argument, also the other element why psychopath could still be personality disorder, is that you show traits of narcissm also. Again, you can allways find something to back your own idea up.

regardless though, whatever you got, welcome

welcome again, heres a snippet for you.

Is the psychopath, sociopath, and someone with the Antisocial Personality Disorder one and the same? The DSM says "yes". Scholars such as Robert Hare and Theodore Millon beg to differ. The psychopath has antisocial traits for sure but they are coupled with and enhanced by callousness, ruthlessness, extreme lack of empathy, deficient impulse control, deceitfulness, and sadism.

I concur with Hare. I think the reason the DSM-IV piles them all together is that it's concerned with diagnosing, not the neurological aspects of the condition. Not to mention, the psychopath brain is still being researched. Technically, all (or at least the vast majority of) psychopaths qualify for ASPD. But not all antisocials are psychopaths.

Like other personality disorders, psychopathy becomes evident in early adolescence and is considered to be chronic. But unlike most other personality disorders, it is frequently ameliorated with age and tends to disappear altogether in by the fourth or fifth decade of life. This is because criminal behavior and substance abuse are both determinants of the disorders and behaviors more typical of young adults.

That's mostly due to diminishing hormones and certain neurotransmitters. A "normal" teenager is also more "wild" than their 50-year-old counterpart. Also, the 50-year-old doesn't exactly have the good health and stamina to pull off the stunts a teenager would. But, a 50-year-old psychopath is just as callous as when he was a teenager.

Again all hear say, new things allways takes a while to find footing, but yeah the idea of aspd and psychopath is still in argument, also the other element why psychopath could still be personality disorder, is that you show traits of narcissm also. Again, you can allways find something to back your own idea up.

regardless though, whatever you got, welcome

I'm definitely not a narc. No, narcs hate me.

Archived