Mental Health Forums

Your Opinion.

Myers

From research I've done - offering support would make you a target. I would hate to think that meyers is exaggerating his diagnosis hoping for support then have all this stuff thrown at him. It's not that I don't believe him either, just concern that if indeed it is antisocial disorder as oppose to psychopathic issues - there actually is a difference. And whilst a psychopath will view any one that they come into contact with as inferior and as prey, someone with antisocial disorder does not have the same view. They may be criminal and disruptive and not care about strangers and enjoy drama - but they also have feelings that can be hurt, feeling misunderstood, remorse and the possibility of changing their ways through intensive long term therapy.

There is no treatment so far for psychopaths, no remorse etc... makes it hard for anyone to convince them that they are doing anything wrong and even if convinced have no desire to change.

However personally I would rather not deal or come into contact with either. I have met people with anti social disorder and suffered because of it. I feel very sorry for them but that doesn't change the fact that I have to protect myself first.

As far as I'm aware I've yet to come into contact with a psychopath but I pray and hope I never do, because unlike the afore mentioned type - they would be more dangerous to me and my family.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still confused. You say you are not a psychopath and that you have this antisocial thing. Then you say they are one in the same. My interest has gone.

I never said that I was not a psychopath. The DSM-IV groups psychopathy and sociopathy under antisocial personality disorder. Some professionals believe this is mistake and that psychopathy and ASPD should be separate disorders. Psychopathy is a neurological condition, whereas ASPD is merely a personality disorder. Does this help?

Well Myers maybe that's a myth busted then, however it does take an individual without any moral conscience to be the head of organisationsto the extent that have a control over society. Try getting a job without a bank account for example. But that's another story.

That can be learned emotional detachment, and is not always indicative of psychopathy. For example, soldiers learn emotional detachment when in battle, that doesn't necessarily mean they're psychopaths. One way of determining a true psychopath is their subtle inconsistencies and speech problems. The brain of a psychopath doesn't process information like a normal person's, which affects their verbal skills. They will often use more hand gestures than a normal person, and will use the wrong words when trying to describe something, or say "uhh..." a lot.

Don't really want to indulge you, however I am extremely curious to find out exactly what is your scene?

Psychology.

You, a psychopath interested in psychology.. now that is fucking scary, but typical, I think as your morbid fascination with winning the human mind game must be close to an obsession no?

Have you read:

Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us

Robert D. Hare, Ph.D.

ISBN: 1-57230-451-0

Genre: Psychology/Crime

236 pages

I think you may find it entertaining. The rest of us would find it simply disturbing. I think Meme might have an answer to his other post 'Good and Bad People' after reading it.

You, a psychopath interested in psychology.. now that is fucking scary, but typical, I think as your morbid fascination with winning the human mind game must be close to an obsession no?

Have you read:

Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us

Robert D. Hare, Ph.D.

ISBN: 1-57230-451-0

Genre: Psychology/Crime

236 pages

I think you may find it entertaining. The rest of us would find it simply disturbing. I think Meme might have an answer to his other post 'Good and Bad People' after reading it.

I don't have enough emotion to be capable of obsession. But it is interesting.

I have read Hare's book. Yeah, it was fun read. That's how I found out about the speech problem. I actually want to meet him one day.

Do psychopaths have comeradary between one another? Or do they see each other much like they see anyone else as prey? Is there competition amongst one another?

Also with regards to bad vs evil - if a psychopath does not act on their desires are they still bad?

Just thinking and wondering.

Hi myers,

Just seen this topic, i dont find you scary at all. Psychopaths i actually dont believe in, the new ones is narcisstic or anti social, now that explains a bit more, but one i still believe that they understand right and wrong, all the research in psychcopaths and socialpaths, is we still dont know enough about the human brain, and whatever images suggests this person is one or that is not one, is the usual scientific approach, if looking, you may see a pattern, but really due to research and how restrictive it is, does sometimes board on maniplution on results we want, if you want to find a pattern i am sure we will find it. All research is trying to find simliars, find two, u find more. Not sure explaining well here. My prob, i find hard to explain.

Say something, i had no empathy, no caring, oh loads of black stuff in my past, but now i am learning to identify and find my emotions and others properly.

so welcome myers, actually there is two other mental illness that is supposed to be worse.

och never mind me, as usual just ignore what i say.

Do psychopaths have comeradary between one another? Or do they see each other much like they see anyone else as prey? Is there competition amongst one another?

Also with regards to bad vs evil - if a psychopath does not act on their desires are they still bad?

Just thinking and wondering.

It's unlikely that two psychopaths would even get along with each other. There are rare cases where two psychopaths team up in criminal activities, and they are usually two different types of psychopath. Even so, when caught, they're quick to rat each other out. I have seen them team up before, though. On another forum that I visit... A new member came into the ASPD forum claiming to be a suicidal psychopath. He said he hated himself for being a psychopath and was sort of bad mouthing the other members. So the other psychopaths have teamed up against him. Quite effectively, I might add...

If a psychopath does not act on their desires... That's for you to decide. I try to keep my nose clean, but some people still deem me evil. I would say no. But that's just my opinion.

to be honest i know nothjing bout psychopaths, so actually im intruiged, ach cant spell, oh well, i would like to know more about how it affects you.

I agree with piuma. Myers, would you like to say how you feel? Are you really devoid of a conscience and empathy and full of anger?

What brought you here on this website?

I am curious because this is a website that has a disproportionately large number of emotional, empathic and highly sensitive people on it. Did you consider this when you joined? Did being a part of the forum you mentioned, where there are a disproportionately large number of anti social / psychopathic people get boring for you?

I do hope you do not pm anyone here using the same articulation that you would with other psychopaths. I believe your presence here deserves a truthful explanation, if that is possible?

Hi myers,

Just seen this topic, i dont find you scary at all. Psychopaths i actually dont believe in, the new ones is narcisstic or anti social, now that explains a bit more, but one i still believe that they understand right and wrong, all the research in psychcopaths and socialpaths, is we still dont know enough about the human brain, and whatever images suggests this person is one or that is not one, is the usual scientific approach, if looking, you may see a pattern, but really due to research and how restrictive it is, does sometimes board on maniplution on results we want, if you want to find a pattern i am sure we will find it. All research is trying to find simliars, find two, u find more. Not sure explaining well here. My prob, i find hard to explain.

Say something, i had no empathy, no caring, oh loads of black stuff in my past, but now i am learning to identify and find my emotions and others properly.

so welcome myers, actually there is two other mental illness that is supposed to be worse.

och never mind me, as usual just ignore what i say.

I understand what you're saying about the patterns. It's human nature. And this research is fairly new, so it's possible that it isn't completely accurate.

Yeah well research and that is mostly based on the past, its like when i did psychology, it was based on fraudism, and some professionals still go by this.

Do u know the best job for you is? go into the army or forces, that might wake up a few emotions, also where do u stand in animals?

lol last i took interest in this stuff, was eww first signs is harming animals, then progresses. BS, its usual man excuse.

Could i ask you, as a person with mental illness in your diagnoses, do you know how many woman have ever been diagnosed or been excused for crimes?

Myers, thanks for bringing this question, to me your harmless, said there is more capable human beings with out a so called diagnoses like yours do far worse.

I wrote a post about what i did in my early years, and how i feel about humans still doesnt make me not a psychocopath, that word is man made, an excuse for behavour.

sry for saying that, but thats only how i feel, dont hold it against ya. Put you in with a tiger, hell i know who would win lol

I do hope you do not pm anyone here using the same articulation that you would with other psychopaths. I believe your presence here deserves a truthful explanation, if that is possible?

Do you need to explain why you are here?

Josh said on one topic:

I come here as I have a strong, deep held belief that this place needs to survive and continue to provide a sanctuary to people suffering distress, Not only bpd but any type of mental illness.

Josh said on one topic:

I come here as I have a strong, deep held belief that this place needs to survive and continue to provide a sanctuary to people suffering distress, Not only bpd but any type of mental illness.

Meme, you make me laugh - in a good way. I was waiting for you to quote that. I myself am not unaware of this philosophy however I have to agree with Placebo that normal rules do not apply to psychopaths. After all, I doubt Myers has come here due to distress as quoted by Josh's mission statement.

Think about it.

to be honest i know nothjing bout psychopaths, so actually im intruiged, ach cant spell, oh well, i would like to know more about how it affects you.

It doesn't really affect me much anymore, because I've learned to act according to people's expectations. Because of that, people assume I'm normal. I still get bored easily. I'll never understand strong emotion, but it doesn't bother me. I don't really see people as people. I understand, on an intellectual level, that they have feelings. But I just can't grasp the fact that they're really ... real ... It's hard to explain.

If you want to know what I feel like... You know that feeling right when you get out of bed, and your brain still hasn't completely woken up? That's how I feel all the time.

When I was a kid, I had less control over my impulses. As a result, my parents thought I was the spawn of Satan, and had me institutionalized after the exorcism failed... (honesty policy: It wasn't really an exorcism...) But I don't remember much of my childhood, except some highlight events.

I agree with piuma. Myers, would you like to say how you feel? Are you really devoid of a conscience and empathy and full of anger?

I am prone to violent outbursts. But it's not real anger, it's short bursts of adrenaline and never lasts for more than a minute.

saying its a neurological condition is a bit of a cop out really, rather cowardly, and a subtle side stepping of any responsibility. im not convinced at all by your sincerity, there is no person out there who is merely there label and yet youv manipulated all here into an arguement based on just that

guys cant you see how your being twisted around this guys finger? i seem to remember someone else a while back that did the exact same thing, please dont emotionally invest in the conversational equivialnt of banging your heads off a brick wall

What brought you here on this website?

I am curious because this is a website that has a disproportionately large number of emotional, empathic and highly sensitive people on it. Did you consider this when you joined? Did being a part of the forum you mentioned, where there are a disproportionately large number of anti social / psychopathic people get boring for you?

No, I didn't consider it. But psychopathy is technically a mental illness, so I thought it was appropriate.

Well fair enough then. Your presence has certainly brought up a fascination. Barebones might well be your number one fan here! However I beleive you that you are a psychopath. I don't believe anyone is given that diagnosis lightly.

The difference between someone who is violent and psychotic and someone who is psychopathic is that the former persons' trajectory is based on emotion whereas yours is probably based on boredom and the rush of adrenaline as you said.

Good luck in life. Maybe you're a criminal psychologist in the making! lol

How much do I know about you from your diagnosis.. hmmm.

Alot I hope. Afterall, the affect of BPD is very distressing.

Yeah well research and that is mostly based on the past, its like when i did psychology, it was based on fraudism, and some professionals still go by this.

Do u know the best job for you is? go into the army or forces, that might wake up a few emotions, also where do u stand in animals?

Actually, that's another misconception. While psychopaths are callous and fearless, a good quality when being under attack, we're also impulsive and have "tunnel vision". They did a test on psychopathic fighter pilots. They had no problem focusing on the target, but completely failed to see any danger on their sides.

lol last i took interest in this stuff, was eww first signs is harming animals, then progresses. BS, its usual man excuse.

Could i ask you, as a person with mental illness in your diagnoses, do you know how many woman have ever been diagnosed or been excused for crimes?

Myers, thanks for bringing this question, to me your harmless, said there is more capable human beings with out a so called diagnoses like yours do far worse.

I wrote a post about what i did in my early years, and how i feel about humans still doesnt make me not a psychocopath, that word is man made, an excuse for behavour.

sry for saying that, but thats only how i feel, dont hold it against ya. Put you in with a tiger, hell i know who would win lol

I don't know how many women have been diagnosed. The total population of psychopaths is estimated at 1%, the majority being male. Not to mention some hide it all their lives and never get diagnosed. Psychopathy doesn't excuse anyone of crimes, because they are still sane.

hi again, i just wondered other than your diagnosis, what exactly have you done that makes you a psychopath? see your answer dont sem wrong to me, infact they seem calm and controlled, so is tht because you dont respond to emtion in the same way? sorry for more questions like i said i have always imgained the worst, you know murders etc, but what does you being a psychopath mean to us here? i mean how will you being here affect us?

like sanctuary said we can be very emotional people. so am interested.

one thing your right about yeah suppose to be 1 percent are, and also you only need 2 traits to be classed as psychopathic, where alot of those traits are actually in the new critiera of some personality disorders.

what i am was trying to say, is no pscycopaths are not what we are led to believe like other mental illnesses, that we are violent, and are criminals. Alot of people are in prison having personality disorders, and by both sexes. why i asked you, if you do know about psychopaths and socialpaths, is not many woman actually get diagnosed with this, as its an old diagnoses and cop out i feel.

So no sanct, he aint my number one fan, but i can show empathy? or understanding and say oh hes such a bad man he dont belong here. Me i am just making sure for myself and my own understanding of another fellow mental ill person. So hes this, but i dont believe in that diagnoses, due to one, useall, man made, another excuse for bad shit, but also saying they aint all into violence either.

I feel we are being judgemental, actually i will even say, eww somone new and danger, isnt that who we are? i mean bpd? dont we like to go to extreme and that?

sry, hey aint any more special than somone with paranioa schzio or even personality disorder. We are all in the same shit.

Archived