Mental Health Forums

Your Opinion.

Myers

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a mental health forum and Meyers has a mental health diagnosis, that means he has every right to be here. Whether you chose to engage with him or not is up to you. As I said I would not like to come into contact with a psychopath because I would be concerned for my safety and that of my family, however that does not mean that he should leave the forum. Perhaps if he can abide by the rules of the forum then people can learn to understand this disorder a little better. As always caution is always advised with regards to forming any real bond with someone that could lead to real life contact. What someone says or projects themselves to be online is not always what they are in real life.

What someone says or projects themselves to be online is not always what they are in real life.

Very true.

Fortunately I have met you in real life, so you know for real what a nutter I am laugh.gif .

I dont like to use big words or oh so meaning full ones, but i find naive and actually condesending a factor here.

This topic should be in with good and bad post.

but pfft away i am going

Hope it's not me being condescending. I know I am naive on the subject which is why I cannot form an actual opinion and can go only by what I've researched.

Although much of this would certainly benefit the good vs bad topic, I think having his own thread because he would like people's honest opinions of not good vs evil but specifically of psychopaths is fine.

If people do want to add the psychopath discussion to the good vs bad thread they are free to do so, but I'm happy for Meyers to keep his thread.

This is a mental health forum and Meyers has a mental health diagnosis, that means he has every right to be here. Whether you chose to engage with him or not is up to you. As I said I would not like to come into contact with a psychopath because I would be concerned for my safety and that of my family, however that does not mean that he should leave the forum. Perhaps if he can abide by the rules of the forum then people can learn to understand this disorder a little better. As always caution is always advised with regards to forming any real bond with someone that could lead to real life contact. What someone says or projects themselves to be online is not always what they are in real life.

I have a great deal of respect and am emotionally invested in this community. Seeing a predator walk into our midst, and watching some of us welcoming him with open arms, scares the living crap out of me. I never said he was bad, I never said he had no right to be here, and I never thought either of those things. I'm simply aware of the very real danger his condition represents to me, to my friends here, and to all the other mental health sufferers who make up this community. I'm concerned for my own safety and for the safety of the ones I love. I'm concerned for the integrity of this community.

That's why I asked you to leave Myers. I don't judge you as a person, I believe we're all the same if you strip away our personal experiences. Our spirit, what moves us, the basic awareness we employ to perceive the world around us and the ability to reason are inherent to all of us and to the same degree. I'm not an intolerant person, but I do get scared when I sense danger. And I do have survival instincts, individual, familial and tribal ones. I'm not attacking you or judging you. I'm merely trying to protect myself, my loved ones and my community from the danger your condition represents.

As for Barebones's comments throughout this post, I find them incoherent and inconsistent for the most part. And some of your views seem delusional to me. I can hardly make out what you're trying to say and the stuff I can make sense of paints a picture of a very distorted perception of reality. I sincerely hope you will overcome these challenges and wish you the best of trying to. I'm not saying this out of a feeling of superiority and I'm not judging you for your stance, your style or your conviction. I can't , however, find common ground with any of them. I suppose that is my own failing and not yours.

Meme, I think you should do yourself a favour and learn more about psychopathy before you run around handing judgments and criticizing people for their responses on this topic. You don't have enough information and you're doing yourself a disservice by speaking out of ignorance. I'm telling you this as a friend, because I respect you as a person, and I want you to be able to express your thoughts and feelings while maintaining your dignity.

hi again, i just wondered other than your diagnosis, what exactly have you done that makes you a psychopath? see your answer dont sem wrong to me, infact they seem calm and controlled, so is tht because you dont respond to emtion in the same way? sorry for more questions like i said i have always imgained the worst, you know murders etc, but what does you being a psychopath mean to us here? i mean how will you being here affect us?

like sanctuary said we can be very emotional people. so am interested.

What have I done that makes me a psychopath? Would you like to know of the bad things of done in the past, or my therapist's opinion? Because, like any therapist, he's all about patient/doctor confidentiality, and I'm not sure he'll go for posting that information on the internet.

My responses seem calm and controlled partly because my emotions are lacking. Like I said before, you can hurl all the insults you want at me; I just don't care. And I've been called much much worse... Partly it's because my initial thoughts and opinions might disturb people. I don't have a conscience to tell me it's wrong to think or say such things. But, from experience, I've learned that people might be offended by some of the things I think or say. So I have to watch myself. That's part of the reason why it takes me so long to post.

How will me being here affect you? I don't know. Some people are just interested and like to talk. Others might be disturbed or afraid I'm manipulating them. Honestly, I can't fully understand why one would be afraid, but whatever...

one thing your right about yeah suppose to be 1 percent are, and also you only need 2 traits to be classed as psychopathic, where alot of those traits are actually in the new critiera of some personality disorders.

what i am was trying to say, is no pscycopaths are not what we are led to believe like other mental illnesses, that we are violent, and are criminals. Alot of people are in prison having personality disorders, and by both sexes. why i asked you, if you do know about psychopaths and socialpaths, is not many woman actually get diagnosed with this, as its an old diagnoses and cop out i feel.

Actually there are psychopathic women. Even famous ones. Perhaps less so than men, but I believe that's due to psychiatrists diagnosing them as BPD or HPD.

well i haven't seen anything in you yet to me make me think that i shouldnt at least give you a chance. i think some are afraid, but to me at the moment you are just a person on the net, you cant hurt murt physcially and if you post something wrong i guess it would be dealth with by the moderators.

so i welcome the chance to talk to you, and i find the whole thing interesting. this might piss some people off but right this moment i dont care. i havent really read any of anyone elses posts cos i dont wanna be influenced.

i also appreciate you might have done bad things, and i dont wanna disclose them on here, sorry, i was actually just trying ti identify how it makes you a psychopath.

thankyou for replying to my bit, i thought it might over looked.

i hope you do get something from being on here.

i have to say scarrily that being a psychopath has to be better than being a depressive personality with bouts of extreme paranoia. id love to not care what anybody else thinks. But the problem with that is you risk hurting other people even more than when deppressed.

One minute of pure adrenilin along with extreme anger and a lack of conscience sound pretty scary to me. I left this thread cos I feel like Placebo does. Myers is contradicting himself at every turn and because of that I don't trust him. Sorry, that's just how I feel.

pyschopaths are not the only people to do bad things

and welcome to the site myers

perhaps i have met pyscopaths in the past i dont think they where big badges stated that there are so how would i know just like i dont wear a badge that states i am bpd

correct drew.

sry placebo, if not consistent or coherent, i could blame it on my diagnoses.

Do you really want to know something scary? i nearly got branded same as myers, but u know the scary part? i started to search for appropriate emotions and feelings that was socialy excepted.

I don't have the great ability in structuring my posts to everyones tasts, all communications comes at diffrent levels.

I am sure many here would be wondering eww when did this one come up being same as myers ( why i said that, is i am very aware of how some people perceive me, so this is a little sarcy) this one and actually many accounts of my life is not allways disclosed here.

I know that some people find hard to undersand me, it sometimes doesnt allways comes out what i am trying to say. I am trying to communicate something of a past experience and understanding.

Sry not all psychopaths have the ability to address themselves so elinguently as myers and word it properly. Still stand though, psychopaths is old name to the new personality disorders.

anyway, welcome myers.

hiya myers and welcome,

i have no beef with you being around. i was diagnosed as being 'psychopathic' as a child / young teen, and my parents did get the priest around. a lot of the time i was drugged and locked in my room, i did not have a 'normal life' between the ages of 10 - 16.

anyway , whatever 'labels' are put upon us , we are all people. and as sammy said, this is a site for people with mental health issues, so all should be welcome.

after all myers, you didn't have to say 'i am a psychopath'.

i do hope you won't be ostracised by the community members because of your frankness.

regards

anne marie

I think Benway makes a good point - anyone on here could be a psychopath and you don't know it, or someone new could come to the forum that you don't know - maybe even someone who is dangerous and with ill intent. I get the impression that Meyers has no ill intent otherwise I am sure he could have kept this information to himself to avoid suspicion from people - I am also sure he could charm just about everyone on here if he chose to - from what I know psychopaths are very intelligent people.

Seems to me that he has joined here for the conversations - no worse a reason than anyone else on here.

Even if you think he's dangerous and even if you were right - what harm can come to you on a forum when you are aware of this? You are able to protect yourself emotionally and mentally from him and also physically by not giving personal details out or having outside contact.

As for those that are unaware - if rules are broken - moderators are here.

I however as I said don't feel he is here to be a danger to anyone.

well i haven't seen anything in you yet to me make me think that i shouldnt at least give you a chance. i think some are afraid, but to me at the moment you are just a person on the net, you cant hurt murt physcially and if you post something wrong i guess it would be dealth with by the moderators.

I'm still not sure why they're afraid... I haven't said anything that sounds frightful, have I?

i have to say scarrily that being a psychopath has to be better than being a depressive personality with bouts of extreme paranoia. id love to not care what anybody else thinks. But the problem with that is you risk hurting other people even more than when deppressed.

You make an excellent point. Psychopaths might not have a conscience, but we can be reasoned with if you know how it's done. A drug addict, or even an emotionally distraught person, doesn't have the state of mind to think clearly.

One minute of pure adrenilin along with extreme anger and a lack of conscience sound pretty scary to me. I left this thread cos I feel like Placebo does. Myers is contradicting himself at every turn and because of that I don't trust him. Sorry, that's just how I feel.

Again, these acts of homicidal rage rarely last longer than a minute, and can easily be dissuaded. Contradicting, how so?

correct drew.

sry placebo, if not consistent or coherent, i could blame it on my diagnoses.

Do you really want to know something scary? i nearly got branded same as myers, but u know the scary part? i started to search for appropriate emotions and feelings that was socialy excepted.

Another good point. It's relatively easy to fake being a "normal", or to fake a test. Even trained psychologists have admitted to being fooled by a psychopath.

hiya myers and welcome,

i have no beef with you being around. i was diagnosed as being 'psychopathic' as a child / young teen, and my parents did get the priest around. a lot of the time i was drugged and locked in my room, i did not have a 'normal life' between the ages of 10 - 16.

anyway , whatever 'labels' are put upon us , we are all people. and as sammy said, this is a site for people with mental health issues, so all should be welcome.

after all myers, you didn't have to say 'i am a psychopath'.

i do hope you won't be ostracised by the community members because of your frankness.

regards

anne marie

Fortunately, I was never drugged, except in the psych ward. My parents were against mental health for awhile, so I wasn't treated until I was about 14. I thought one couldn't be diagnosed with psychopathy or ASPD until they turned 18.

And I wanted them to know I was a psychopath. On the other hand ... If I had lied about my diagnonsense, no one would have claimed that I was trying to manipulate them, even though I would've been. And now that I'm telling the truth, some people think I'm playing games. Funny how that works, huh?

You make an excellent point. Psychopaths might not have a conscience, but we can be reasoned with if you know how it's done.

If you don't have empathy, and don't have a conscience, whats to stop you from hurting other people? Apart from fearing retribution or punishment, of course.

Welcome to the forum Myers.

My view is that people are more than a diagnosis.

As far as I'm concerned you are Myers.

Did you watch that documentary a couple of years about about psychopaths? I seem to remember something about being a list of 9 items and if you fit 5 or more then you get the label. But each person could have a different 5, so be very different. It sounded similar to how BPD is diagnosed, and we all know we can be very different from each other, also as to how often our diagnosis' are changed.

Just because you have been diagnosed with ASPD, doesn't mean I know who you are.

Hi myers, you said one key word, manipulation, we all ready had a talk about that word and how many have. Its again old news, but sry to say, we seem to have the ability to forget that ourselves do this. yes myers your dammed if u do, u dammed if u dont.

Yes many people try to fool and be this or that, but some actually fool in not being a certain label aswell. U understand?

Would still be interested, in who squeal firsts, a pyschopath and a lion lol i am sure that might bring some of that deep hidden emotion and reaction of what the brain can do.

Only pyschopath i know, is my computer.

If you don't have empathy, and don't have a conscience, whats to stop you from hurting other people? Apart from fearing retribution or punishment, of course.

(It's not technically "fear" of retribution...) A lot of things can dissuade us from hurting people or things. I tried thinking of an example, but it was kind of disturbing, so I'll just keep it to myself.

Did you watch that documentary a couple of years about about psychopaths? I seem to remember something about being a list of 9 items and if you fit 5 or more then you get the label. But each person could have a different 5, so be very different. It sounded similar to how BPD is diagnosed, and we all know we can be very different from each other, also as to how often our diagnosis' are changed.

Just because you have been diagnosed with ASPD, doesn't mean I know who you are.

I haven't seen the documentary, but I'm aware that all psychopaths are different. Thanks to the media, we all have bad reputations.

Would still be interested, in who squeal firsts, a pyschopath and a lion lol i am sure that might bring some of that deep hidden emotion and reaction of what the brain can do.

Only pyschopath i know, is my computer.

Some deep hidden emotion in the psychopath or the lion? I've been in some frightful situations. It's not that bad.

No, we're not completely devoid of emotion like a computer, but it's still substantially less than "normal".

Archived