Mental Health Forums

Your Opinion.

Myers

does the fact that he has been honest about his condition mean anything? it does to me, it doesnt mean that i trust him, but that i am prepared to give him a chance. obviously people are frightened, but what can he do to you? if you are already afraid of him, then he's not goin to get any further than this with you.

it makes me sad that we havent even given this person a chance yet, he could have not told us, then potentially he would have a lot more power to control people or what ever it is he's meant to do.

This is very true. Myers obviously finds some benefit from being here. I don't trust him either. Having said that, the people who have hurt me the most on here have had BPD and not psychopathy.

i'm not trying to diss anyone, i understand that the very word psychopath might have seriously bad meaning for some, especially if they have encountered one, and its been negative.

Yes, true.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i understand that the very word psychopath might have seriously bad meaning for some, especially if they have encountered one, and its been negative.

I wish there was some way you could all learn from my experiences, without having to go through them yourselves. It's not the word psychopath that scares me, it's what it stands for. I didn't meet a violent, murderous and rabid psychopath. I had one for a friend, and it was the single biggest mistake I ever made in life. I pray none of you will have to go through anything like I went through with that person. Of course I realise some lessons can't be taught, they have to be learned...

I had one for a friend, and it was the single biggest mistake I ever made in life. I pray none of you will have to go through anything like I went through with that person.

Yes placebo, but I've had BPD people as friends, in real life, who have hurt me badly.

That's not a counter argument, that's just an irrelevant fact.

And this is my last post on this thread, so if you want me to respond to something you have to say please PM me. If you want to make some kind of dramatic gesture to paint me out for something I'm not, here's your opportunity.

I think the fact that he told us he was a psychopath is enough. If he was really here to manipulate us and deceive us by befriending us, he would not have been upfront about it. it matters not whether he intended it as a warning or if it was simply to sate his curiosity about our reaction, we have still been warned, and thus, must take responsibility if we allow ourselves to be manipulated by him. (which i actually think is an unsubstantiated fear anyway.)

Well I'm guessing a psychopath would know that it would end up in a big, juicy row. Carry on people and I'll sit back and watch the show as well.

i'm not rowing with anyone, infact wheat i just read made me feel very sad for placebo and i am sorry he went through that. but i guess we gotta learn from our won mistakes. but thanks placebo I dooo hear you and i will have my guard up.

Well I'm guessing a psychopath would know that it would end up in a big, juicy row. Carry on people and I'll sit back and watch the show as well.

It's always the paranoid that start the fights. And I, the psychopath, had tried to end them. It's also the paranoid who cry "manipulation" every time I offer my opinion. But you have yet to explain how I'm manipulating people...

Hi myers, i find you intriguing and yet terrifying at the same time.

A person with no empahy, little emotion and no fear of consequence or compassion and a lack of conscience

Scary combination!! I don't think i'll be inviting you around for tea anytime :)

I would hate to be in your shoes, but for you it is normal so feeling any kind of pity towards you would be fruitless.

I have no doubt i have walked past pyschopaths in the street and not known.

I think i have a fear of psychopaths because of what they are capable of doing. A lack of conscience is a terrible thing so it is only natural for some of us t be wary of you. your replies are emotionless and cold (obviously)

However, because you feel little emotion, I have doubts that you will ever feel the need for support. Can i ask what you expect to get from this website? what do you expect from us? I am not saying you dont belong here because you have stated you suffer from a recognised MH disorder, illness whatever. But what can we offer you?

I think i have a fear of psychopaths because of what they are capable of doing. A lack of conscience is a terrible thing so it is only natural for some of us t be wary of you. your replies are emotionless and cold (obviously)

I might lack fear and conscience, but that doesn't exactly make me capable... Bum leg and all...

Can i ask what you expect to get from this website?

Your reaction. It tells me how safe it would be to reveal my diagnonsense to others in my personal life. I've still been "acting" like a normal, but the mere mention of "psychopath" seems to frighten people.

Your reaction. It tells me how safe it would be to reveal my diagnonsense to others in my personal life. I've still been "acting" like a normal, but the mere mention of "psychopath" seems to frighten people.

i must say that is interesting. this is not ment to sound incriminating or anything like that, but surely if you poses little or no morrels why would you need to test other peoples reaction before your friends. surely you wouldnt much care what they would think anyway.

i must say that is interesting. this is not ment to sound incriminating or anything like that, but surely if you poses little or no morrels why would you need to test other peoples reaction before your friends. surely you wouldnt much care what they would think anyway.

I may not have empathy or compassion for others, but I do understand that allies are worthwhile. Frankly, I get tired of wearing masks all the time. It would be nice to let loose once in awhile. But not at the expense of my achievements.

Surely an admission that you doubt would be received well by people you consider allies would not be the primary method you'd have of "letting loose"?

While I understand being somewhat bored having to consistently project a certain persona, I assume you wouldn't be feeling the emotional pressure that wearing a mask would cause to a normal.

So why the desire to take it off?

Be careful of assuming that you can use this place as a test for the "real world". Firstly, this is the internet! Secondly, its full of mentally disordered people. And a very high proportion of them have suffered abuse from people, so anyone who in their eyes is an abuser or potential abuser is likely to trigger them.

Be careful of assuming that you can use this place as a test for the "real world". Firstly, this is the internet! Secondly, its full of mentally disordered people. And a very high proportion of them have suffered abuse from people, so anyone who in their eyes is an abuser or potential abuser is likely to trigger them.

Hey meme, whats with the 'them'? Are you switching camps and not one of us anymore :)

Hey meme, whats with the 'them'? Are you switching camps and not one of us anymore smile.gif

Sometimes it feels like I am not one of 'us' laugh.gif .

I suppose I suffered a kind of emotional abuse as a child. I am likely to be triggered by people who patronise, judge and try to control me. So, thanks for your point Ruth, I understand what you mean.

How about looking at our similarities rather than focusing on whats different.

I can relate to putting on the mask, so that I am accepted by others.

It is very tiring, and reinforces the fact that who I am is unacceptable to others.

Michael, can i ask, do you ever feel anything at all? Do you have emotions, or are you completely devoid of them?

I'm just trying to understand more what it must be like for you.

Do you ever wish you were different?

Surely an admission that you doubt would be received well by people you consider allies would not be the primary method you'd have of "letting loose"?

While I understand being somewhat bored having to consistently project a certain persona, I assume you wouldn't be feeling the emotional pressure that wearing a mask would cause to a normal.

So why the desire to take it off?

Just like anyone else, if I don't take off the mask once in awhile, it could slip. It may not be stressful to have the mask on all the time. But the consequences for a psychopath letting the mask slip are somewhat greater than for a normal.

Well, considering normals usually frequent forums about ... not psychopaths, or any other mental illness, it would be rude to hijack their thread and go completely off topic. And your reactions are very similar to the last time I was revealed to the general public.

Michael, can i ask, do you ever feel anything at all? Do you have emotions, or are you completely devoid of them?

I'm just trying to understand more what it must be like for you.

Do you ever wish you were different?

Yes, I feel things. I have emotions, just not as many as you, and I don't feel them as strongly. Like fear. I've been afraid, and I didn't find it all that bad.

I've never wanted to be different. Then again, I've never known anything else, so it's hard to say.

myers hi hope your day is going well

i just wondered weather u thought u were born a pyschopath or made into one

i belive i was made bpd but i wondered what u think

Archived