does it bother you?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. does it bother you?

• yes
    • no
    • sometimes
    • depends...

this just crossed my mind.....

cause my brother keeps 'claiming' that's what he's trying to do......that he's trying to help me......but all it sounds like is he's patronizing how I feel and complaining about how I think......

there are many other examples I could give that upset me......but right now, I'm too depressed to think about it......

I dont understand it. Why paste the floor with someone you're claiming to help?

"MISSY!!! I'm calling you a cowbag, because you ARE a cowbag and you need to here it!"

WHAT?!! :blink:

"I'm making you aware for your own good. You need to hear what I'm telling you!"

But hows that helpful? Constructive? Supportive? etc... :huh:

god....yeah totally.....that's basically what my brother does too.....

he says stuff like "you're just depressed cause you're worthless."

it's like, well thanks.....

but I forget what he said that really set me off tonight.....it hurt a lot more..... :(

Aren't siblings just great?

I remember while I was still living at home with my family, and I'd just had a really bad psychotic episode, (this was before anybody knew what was wrong with me) and I'd been shut in my room. About half an hour later, my brother pushed a packet of razors under my door and sneered: "Harraway' and cut yersel'..."

How supportive... he's sorry about it now, and knows I'll launch a vicious verbal attack on him if he has another dig at me about my condition! When he was 17 years old, I decided to take a srip off him... you know, that 'constructive critisism' thing? And I reduced him to tears... he wasn't too impressed with having the truth rubbed in his face. He's a whole lot better now; not a bully at all. I dont know how much of it's down to respect, or whether he's just scared shitless of me! :D

I am so bad at taking critisism. The slghtest thing and I take it as a personal hit to my character etc.

Last one that was really stupid of me was feeling like walking out of a job because I was convinced that EVERYONE HATED ME because my boss perfectly nicely asked me to cut tomatos a different way.

So yea im shit at taking it lol

i think that is the criticism is constructive then it can be beneficial. my sister growing up constantly bullied at school, at home - it was terrible and the things she said to me were just cruel. on the other hand, in terms of my writing or music i love to be constructively criticised, because this is how you learn best, by making a mistake. so long as the criticism is helpful and not just pointless cruelty. in all honesty there is nothing anyone could say to me i haven't heard before or don't call myself.

peace

beat xxx

criticism is my number one enemy

i just cant handle it. it can only ever mean one thing to me - that im not good enough. this can easily turn into 'im worthless', and, 'i mess everything up', and, ' everything i will ever try i will mess up', so, 'why bother - there's no point in doing anything' and so on and so on until it's, 'i may as well kill myself as punishment'.

good post wish... sorry i cant stop calling you that. icy sounds too mean!

xx hugs xx

yeah, I get the same way about it lostsoul.....I cannot take being told I didn't do something right.....

extinct, that tomato thing sounds waaay too familiar......my daddy would come over and babysit my brother and I.....when he did, we all would have a part in making dinner......grating cheese, cutting tomatoes, shreding lettuce......whatever part I got, if ANYONE said I should do it differently.....even if just a suggestion.....I'd stop doing anything, say "I'm not hungry anyways!".....then run to my room.....thinking everyone was furious with me.....not for running away.....but for doing the lettuce, tomatoes, or cheese wrong!

(it's ok to call me icy.... :lol: .....I love being called that....it's more refering to my heat intolerance.....if it were my choice, we'd never have summer weather!! ^_^ but anyways, you can call me 'whatever' if you wanted....I wouldn't notice.... :lol: )

I'm very bad with critisism. I always see it as people being nice to conceal the fact that they hate a person,but then again 'Constructive' critisism is one of those 'this makes what im saying not mean' things isnt it? Like 'Don't take it wrong, I'm saying this to help you,...your boring'.

Human beings baffle me.

'Don't take it wrong, I'm saying this to help you,...your boring'.

I've been told that!! :o EXACTLY!!

wow....

yeah, humans are the strangest creatures on earth, ya know?....

*cassandra*

I love receiving critisism. In some ways, if it's particulary bad, in can act as a form of self harm for me (does that sound really fucked up?) Other times though I find it really useul either by acting upon it and imoroving whatit was that was being criticised, or if I disagree with whatever was said; disregard it.

xx

Ooooooooo ooooo! I'm no good at taking any sort of criticism whatsoever let alone constructive. I get sensitive and the rest of my day is pretty much ruined whether I show how I feel on the outside or not. I'm too sensitive of a human being as it is. :lol:

Whats really fucked up though is that I can sit there giving constructive criticism, and criticism to everyone else whether in person or my journal and it makes me feel better, lol. I guess it's my way of retaliating at the world for being the brunt of their criticism, constructive or not, for a long time in my life and from the abuse. Yes, I'm mean at times like that...lol Just shoot me....

• 2 weeks later...

I am sometimes bothered by constructive critisism. A day late and a buck short pisses me off. I hope for timely comments where I can readily make changes.

Archived