Mental Health Forums

Book Group

Ruth24

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did my suggestion get overlooked?

Hi sanc. Not overlooked. Actually i was going to look on internet. I have heard their book list is a bit trashy but i am probably wrong

We shuld definately read The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson, or Guess How Much I Love You by by McBratney xxx

Are these the same as the bedtime stories i read to my kids? :)

Time travellers wife? I don't want to see the film til I've read the book!

Due to the fact i hate reading a book after seeing the film, i think grumpy has a good title here.

All in favour of Time Travellers wife say ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ok if travllers, is need to wait until end of month.

so u all pick a book, and i will get it.

see organisation is good lol. say book for sept ok, and start from then?

i have no money until end of month, this gives others a chance.

so if its travillers, fine i will get, now ruth, when we get book is how much do we read, also in what time scale, and need a post on the book we are reading, also what are we decussing of the book? lol it aint simple u know lol

I think this is going to be great fun. I vote time travellers wife! Maybe we could do a list with the next 2 or 3 books cause I tend to look put for books in charity shops.

Ok if travllers, is need to wait until end of month.

so u all pick a book, and i will get it.

see organisation is good lol. say book for sept ok, and start from then?

i have no money until end of month, this gives others a chance.

so if its travillers, fine i will get, now ruth, when we get book is how much do we read, also in what time scale, and need a post on the book we are reading, also what are we decussing of the book? lol it aint simple u know lol

Hey bones,

Yeah will call it septembers book. If everybody could try and get a copy within the first week of september?

we could do it weekly. discuss a chapter a week. The discussion points will come up as we read the book i suppose? What do we think of the characters and whatever is happening in the book at the time. the thread could be left open so we can add our points as we go along, but we have to stick to a rule of no discussing chapters that not all of us are up to yet. we can all read the book as fast as we want, but i think discussing a chapter a week should be ok. if that becomes problematic, to fast too slow etc we can talk about it then.

So, lets get reading :)

Thanks for the book title grumpy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The more the merrier hun.

Promise no horrors then :)

The book is the time travellers wife and would be splendid if you could get it for discussion at the beginning of september

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hooray! To be fair to sanctuary I do believe this book was also on the Richard and judy book club at some point. I have a copy ordered from amazon!

I've already read the time traveler's wife years ago but I guess I could skim through it again. It's a good story with lots of twists. :)

Since there's so many of us, perhaps we could split into groups of different reading speeds? That way nobody will like it's not enough/too much time for each book. Just a thought. :)

I'd like to join! I'm going to be reading the time traveler's wife soon anyway (if my mom ever finds her copy of it) so I vote YAY!! for that.

another suggestion for our next book. I Was Told There'd be Cake by Sloane Crosley.

I like this idea and wouldnt mind making it more of a perm feature if any one is interested?. Could also have an amazon box for people to purchase the book etc.

I like this idea and wouldnt mind making it more of a perm feature if any one is interested?. Could also have an amazon box for people to purchase the book etc.

That would be splendid josh. Thanks

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived