Mental Health Forums

The Nook

lostsoul

Almost spit my tea outta my mouth while reading your post!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: Yeah we could be much worse...yeah we could be money hungry grubbers obsessed with class, wealth and power. But, no we are not we are good people actually.

Love your "speacal friend" :lol::lol: :lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lostsoul

• Tracey

• Lauren

• LadyMacbeth

:lol: :lol::lol:

i am so bad by the way. you know i have been resisting shopping for like a week, well i stopped resisting today. i spent about £60 all told, which isn't LOADS i know, but, i feel sooooo bad! got some nice gear though!

a great little jacket that looks quite old fashioned but in a modern way (ha) and a handbag, and two new pairs of shoes - i was very happy to pay only £10.50 for the two pairs of shoes together, and, the bag was only £3. And you'd expect them to be a pile of shit at that price wouldn't you but they are really very nice. Thanks Primark! Yeah go on laugh - i occasionally shop in Primark, and also, slightly more frequently, Matalan, the slag of cheap shopping, but only cos they have a homewares department!

well lady poo. hold in you tea now. like a lady!

xx

who try and marry you and extort money first,

well if i found a suitably wealthy man I most proberly would :lol:

does that make me really evil and bad then? should I set up my own support group for my victims to bitch about women like myself? :P

Can I join? :P Just joking babes! Um...don't think you are bad for wanting to do that! Sometimes I want too :lol:

btw losty...don't let the title of "lady" deceive you! :lol:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

what are you then? have i been lied to all this time? :lol:

er, forgotten why im here now. shit. *reviews posts*. oh yeah - bad and evil.

yes and yes lol

xx

I've seen the Nook now, i had to know!

Whoever said the thing about getting real, I agree. I KNOW I have behaved like an unstable, clingy, hyperreactive, manipulative arsehole. Until we understand the effects our behaviour can have on others and learn better ways of expressing ourselves, we won't get anywhere.

We may be victims. We certainly are in a way - victims of our past, of the actions of people we trusted, of brain chemistry, of misunderstanding. But we have to take some responsibility for our behaviour now, we can't use it as an excuse. We are trying our best, I'm not criticising anyone....and we stuff up because we are human and we need to learn that this is ok. It's when we start using the criticisms on places like the Nook and in real life as a stick to beat ourselves with that we run into problems because we can react in a BPD way. We can't avoid things tht are difficult for us to hear, we will hear them anyway, if not on the Nook then somewhere else. For me a big part of recovery is learning to respond in a healthy way to it.

I don't agree with the person who said we shouldn't post on the Nook. I agree that we shouldn't rant or attack anyone, or give them an emotional reaction - and we shouldn't seek comfort there or expect them to apologise and take the words back. But I'm off to the Nook now to explain how the comments made me feel in a hopefully calm way, and to explain that I am doing my best but still stuff up and that the last thing I wanted was to hurt anyone.

Flora xox

yes we need to take responsibility, but that needs to be compassionate, and not another excuse to beat ourselves up----which comes all too easily to me I know.

but then I'm a person who's never had these relationship issues hurting anyone, because, basically I have never had a close relationship to do it in.

and Claire, I shop at Primark all the time(well, when I can afford clothes, like Christmas and my birthday!!!)

Kilburn has just mega cheap clothes shops!!!!:)

karie

wooohooo! primark buddy!

flora - hey thats cool. yeah i agree with you on everything basically. except the posting in the nook. oooh id be too scared they would rip me to shreds, but also, it kinda seems like they need the support they get on that board, and if a non-bpd comes here asking stuff about it well we answer but its kinda like, hey, what you doing here!? i dunno - it feels like an encroachment of territory. i dont think they are prolly so interested about how bpd really is. i think they are just pissed at their exes and need somewhere to vent. the truth of the matter, bpd aside, is that they were not compatible. if they had had their heads screwed on better at the beginning of their ten year relationship well they might just have noticed there was a lot wrong and then they would not have had those ten years of misery and bpd 'abuse', or children! yeah! have that nookies! so to me its just blaming the bpd for everything. bpd people can make excellent partners - but if the partner is consistently unsupportive and plays on the person's weaknesses - well, i would love to hear some of the bpd person's stories about what really happened.

at the end of the day. they have their space, however flawed and irritating, and we have ours, however flawed and irritating. i am content'ish' to leave it at that.

wow so what did you post flora! do tell! it may not want to go there and do i myself but give me the gossip pleeeease!!!

hehe

xx

You made a good point lostsoul. I didn't actually make it to the nook, got distracted. I'll have a think about what you said first. You are so right, just as we can't blame bpd for all the problems in our lives, neither can they.

Flora,

I did not tell anybody not to post there :)

Just that they should be sure to be in a situation where they could deal with any possible outcome.

I wish you all the best in what ever you decide to do regarding this.

yeah i think that's a valid point extinct - it made me feel pretty crap and for a brief moment i was debating suicide because it made me feel that SMALL

but hey - it was brief, mercifully, so yeah, be sorted b4 u go

xx take care all xx

i just had a look at that site. :( actually quite upset me. feel a bit triggered by it. bastards! creates a "them" and "us" atmosphere, which is wrong

((((pinky)))

Remember they are not talking about you.

They have never met you.

There pain and words come from there experiences with there own individuals in there lifes who may happen to have BPD.

I also have to be dubious of some of the posts there. A lot of self diagnosing happens over there. People deciding there partners/mothers/fathers/brothers/goldfish :P have bpd when I suspect that a lot of them proberly suffer with other dx's or may just be horrible people.

(nearly typed film there due to my son pestering to watch one :P )

Help! I may catch BPD fleas! :o

My dog is so fucking moody! One minute he is okay and then the next he is off the wall growling and reading for attack. I have also caught him lapping up my beer a few times! I can't deal with him its like walking on egg shells around him. I think he has BPD.

Sorry Ex...the goldfish comment was funny. I am just being stupid. :lol:

yea emma you have my sympathys.

My goldfish keeps hiding behind his plant then when he thinks someone is watching him he dives around the fish bowel and bashes into the sides sometimes he even trys to commit suicide by jumping out of the water. But only when he knows someone is there to catch him.

Such acting out. So bpd. I am sick of it.

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

First laugh I had all morning!

I wonder if they have DBT or animal anti depressants for. hmm... :mellow: thats a thought! :D

maybe we just all need a bit of puppy training? sod psychiatrists etc im just going to get a nice strong man to bark sit at me every half hour :P

only question is as to where to sit?

ohhhh the possabilitys!!

see im such a naughty bpd puppy, train me young man!

Only in America I guess... :lol: Never hear dof it though. I think my sister's dog needs it. Well, what would you expect having a mummy and daddy like my sister and her boyfriend!. he he he!

leather leads, balls and chains.....

see puppy training isnt much different from the dominating partners us bpd's tend to seek out.

I think I may of just found a new cure for personality disorders.

Dog biscuit anyone? I think we deserve a reward :)

Oh yeah! Have someone like Enrique Iglesias train me and I will be back in the saddle in no time. He can keep me in line for sure! :P

Archived