• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lostsoul

• Tracey

• Lauren

• LadyMacbeth

:lol:

Ex...you could make a lot of money with your idea! Hey, maybe we should open up a centre and only gorgegous men with cute bums allowed!

you can use bach flower remedies on animals apparantly..many the vet visit where I considered giving my Pebs a dose of rescue remedy to GET HER INTO HER CARRYING BASKET!!!

but then, I think she had some form of animal bpd/dependent pd. She suffered from separation anxiety connected with her diabetes. every time she went into boarding, she had a bad hypo. with me she was absolutely fine and no probs....

btw, I was given a cute cuddly toy duck today..am thinking of calling it Doctor Quack!!!!!

k.

just got my dog today and shit shes just like me scared of the dark has abandonment issues goes from hyper to crying in 2 seconds tried to jump off the wall and shes anyones for a hug guess we are made for each other oh and my aunts cat is on prozac but he is a psycho little shit

pet hugging is very therapeutic..! (both for you and the pet!!!)

when I first got Pebbles from a cat protection league foster home she would run and hide all the time....it took her a long time to trust contact and sit on my lap....she loved hiding in boxes....

k.

I haven't been able to read the entire thread here, just the first page, because it was starting to make my anxiety rise in my stomach and chest...........

I don't think I will be going to "THE NOOK"......I already fear so much what people think of me. Does nobody understand this illness? I tried explaining it to someone I'd started seeing and he told me I was "being selfish" and thinking it was "all about me". He told me I should work more on my relationship with him, than with that stuff.

I get scared that I will never be able to have a relationship until I'm "BETTER", if that ever happens.....

I agree that we 'don't want to be like this' and 'it's not our fault'. I had one bf who understood....he had epilepsy and said that it was just the same. He didn't ask to have epilepsy, just as I didn't ask for this illness. Unfortunately, he didn't treat me very well, except for that understanding factor....he really wasn't considerate of my abandonment issues, so he wouldn't call, etc.

BUT ANYWAYS......I'm just saying that it makes me sad and angry that there's a site like that. Like we're horrible monsters. BECKIBOO, I'm also the type who keeps the anger internal and doesn't have the sudden angry outbursts, so I know what you mean about that. It's so hard going through life feeling so misunderstood.

I don't think I will go to that site. I'm sorry you had to see that. I recently had a discussion with my sister, where she said in so many words that we have the power to change ourselves. That's when it dawned on me that everyone else can't possible comprehend just what we go through because they're not in our brains. I told my sister that she wouldn't want to know what I think, and when she said that she did, I replied with "Trust me. You don't want to know what horrible, hateful thoughts go through my head day in, day out about me, old friends, family, relatives, etc., especially my familiy."

I gave her one little example, and from the look on her face, I don't think I want to tell her anymore than that. I just wanted her to see that she doesn't have a clue what we go through, therefore she shouldn't be making statements or judgments about us.

There will always be people speaking wrongly about every different kind of person in this world. We just have to learn to ignore them. They're just speaking rubbish because they're upset because of some personal reason and they can't fathom how a person can be a certain way that's different from them.

If it really upsets you that bad, this site, as it would me, please don't go there again. The last thing you need to deal with is cruel remarks from people who don't understand and are only thinking about themselves.

Willow

I told my partner about it (he's currently looking for an active support group for the partners of those with bpd) and he read a few messages and said he hated it too. He couldn't believe himself what was being said on there. I guess I'm lucky to have such a supportive partner.

Does anyone know of any supportive groups for the partners of those with bpd? My partner really wants to join one, more to get some help from someone who's had experience. He looked at the one on here and said it wasn't very active... I wouldn't know, I haven't looked.

He's happy I've found this place though... says it makes it easier for him if I vent things online rather than relying on him :)

Archived