Mental Health Forums

Psychopaths, Paedophiles Rapist Etc

Ruth24

People can beat addictions. Alcoholics, drug abusers do it all the time.

Abusing a child may be an addiction-i don't know. However, raping a child and saying 'i am addicted' is soooo wrong. It is no excuse. As i said people can beat addictions, why not this one? Is it noy yet another excuse peadophiles use?

There is a huge distinction between paedophiles and paraphiles. paraphiles are sexually attracted to chldren but as yet have not acted on it. It is these people that i think NEED help to prevent abuse. Once a paraphile is a paedophile sooooo many excuses are used.

Addiction

abused as a child

troubled childhood

mental isntability

Some even convince themselves the child enjoys it in order to convince themselves its ok.

Once you have crossed the boundary from paraphile to paedophile, the help that can be given isn't worth much. Reoffending percentage is high and they will do almost anything to justify their actions.

I had to study it at uni and it was a very disturbing semester!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a huge distinction between paedophiles and paraphiles. paraphiles are sexually attracted to chldren but as yet have not acted on it. It is these people that i think NEED help to prevent abuse. Once a paraphile is a paedophile sooooo many excuses are used.

Paraphile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphile

Paraphilia is a biomedical term used to describe sexual arousal to objects or situations that are not part of normative stimulation and that can cause distress or serious problems for the paraphiliac or persons associated with him or her......... describes paraphilia as "recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors generally involving:

1) nonhuman objects, or

2) the suffering or humiliation of oneself or one's partner, or

3) children or other nonconsenting persons."[6]

Paedophile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paedophilia

"a psychological disorder in which an adult experiences a sexual preference for prepubescent children.... The disorder is common among people who commit child sexual abuse; however, some offenders do not meet the clinical diagnosis standards for pedophilia."

Archived