Mental Health Forums

Self-dx Truly Paranoid Nut!

LadyMacbeth

My T just called me. :) She did not call yesterday because she was extremely busy. She wanted to be sure I was coming to my appt. I am! :) She asked me what I did when I got off the phone with her on Sun. did not tell her I posted in suicide here...I just said I went to bed because I was tired and did not want to think about mental health. She said that was a good idea because I do too much self-dxing. :lol: She said that if I go into the mental health profession I will do well but I am not trained to dx. :lol: I said that I have always been like that. If I read something about a physical aiment I can persuade myself to believe it! I can also do that with mental health. Yay1 She did not abandon me. She may bring up this again tom. I will tell her how I felt I think. I am kind of scared but I have to be honest.

I have proved that I really am a nutcase. :lol:

((((((((((lady))))))))))

Glad she phoned you back

you know you need to be honest with her if your gonna get anywhere with her!

behind you all the way hun

Traceyxxx :wub:

Nice to hear that Lady! :)

Good for you! :D

I've gotten that label of self dxing before too from upper management in the mental health system where I am staying at now. They don't like the idea I'm on the comp in the first place either for that reason, but my manager lets me on here anyway and says it's my choice. :lol: Yay for her! I can also read into things and really believe I have them just as well. You and I have something in common, lol. I wonder if it's a borderline thing to do that.....always wondered about that.

Good luck when you talk to your T and spit it out. Honesty is the best policy about how you feel I have found, or I just slide backwards and get into more trouble. It took me awhile to learn that one.

Take Care, Katie

Archived