Mental Health Forums

Just Want To Feel Accepted

Data

I was in that chat but left before you. I found it interesting that one person (who I do not want to name, they should NOT be dragged into this) complained that they were deeply upset because on a previous occasion they were upset and "nobody listened to them except meme". Does this sound like the actions of a troll?

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of CHAT

From the above it sounds like you want it to be renamed SUPPORT

Most of the people who chat are NOT peer supporters and it is my opinion that it is unfair of people to go into chat in a low state EXPECTING help. Sometimes the people in chat are simply there for company and distraction and not in a place to offer that kind of support. I do the best I can within the realms of my own capability.

I personally do NOT know how to handle someone who I don't know very well who comes in and says something like "I want to kill myself". With the people who I do know well, support is easier to give (obviously.

So if anyone can clarify the TRUE purpose of chat - I would appreciate it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way, that last comment of yours seems fairly dismissive of everyone on this site.

Yes it is.

I realise you are trying to help and some of your points are probably valid ones, I will think on them, thank you.

This is aimed at you particularly, bibiddi, but I am afraid that listening to advice on here about how to cope with being on here feels like 'the blind leading the blind'. Or, more accurately, the partially sighted teaching each other how to live in their own world. What I ought to start doing is teaching myself how to live in the world of the fully sighted.

Archived