Mental Health Forums

Sponsorships

Joshua

SponsorshipForm.doc

I have come up with an exciting new way to help out with funding. This involves the member community offering to do something and be sponsored for it.

You can receive pledges from your fellow community members and also in your real lives with the form I have attached. How it works is every month I will ask for 3 people to offer to do this and will enter their names and what they are doing in the sponsorship forum.

Fellow members will pledge an amount of money in support of their actions and the member who is taking on the task will gather sponsorship cash from people in real life. At the end of the month the sponsorship form will be sent back with a cheque for the raised amount and another 3 people will be chosen to do the next round.

As an example someone could offer not to swear for a whole week or to not drink for a month or so on.

Please offer up your ideas and if your prepared to do this and i will choose three people to start us off asap.

I would say a sponorsed silence for me but that is impossible as I love to talk lol so maybe you should give the ideas Joshua

I would be interested after next month though as I already doing a 10 mile walk for The Joshua Foundation so my friends already sponsoring me for that.

Keep me updated as I will do my bit without a problem x

just a few idea's..

a sponsored hair cut or hair dye....anyone brave enough to go a bright colour or have quite a bit chopped off :)

A sponsored wax for any hairy men out there :) ...eye brows or backs??? :)

A sponsored swim...so much for each legnth swam

A sponsored kareoke night...that would have to be arranged...one i would love to do after ive had the babies as im too knackered right now ^_^

Yeah this is a good idea I'm up for it Josh... I got some ideas...

A sponsored silence, so much for every hour not spoken...

Or

Sponsored sleep for 2 weeks (sort of) go to bed before 12 midnight and get up before 12 mid-day because I find that hard to do right now apart from on the rare occasion lol

or

A sponsored walk- I would go out every other day for 2 weeks for an hours walk... I'm trying to get out more even though I have agoraphobia... I find it may encourage my therapy :)

Those ideas aren't that great I know but I am up for it :)

Hey Josh, im up for anything - well apart from exercise. lol.

Dunno about other sponser idea's yet, but, i do run a music group that runs for six weeks, we have raised money for other things and if you would like us to raise money for this site this time round, im sure we could defo organise something. the course will take place early nov ish, with a xmas concert at the end, the profit would be donated to you guys.

let me know if you are interested.

Sounds really great Josh i'd definitely sponsor people, only thing I can think of is a sponsored slim (For those who need to lose weight not those who want to but don't lol) as I need motivation to get over this blip i'm having, but then I don't have anyone real life to ask for sponsorship so not me lol

lol toasty, i am there with you on that one, err my longest time without food was well over a month, i think i ate one week worth in 3 months last year, wasnt the best thing for me to do. My dietitian at the time, wouldnt see me after awhile due to i wouldnt eat, if i did, it was home made fruit juice, that was my basic diet for while.

Anyway nvm, im a fat bitch just now, so could do with dieting.

• 3 weeks later...

SponsorshipForm.doc

I have come up with an exciting new way to help out with funding. This involves the member community offering to do something and be sponsored for it.

You can receive pledges from your fellow community members and also in your real lives with the form I have attached. How it works is every month I will ask for 3 people to offer to do this and will enter their names and what they are doing in the sponsorship forum.

Fellow members will pledge an amount of money in support of their actions and the member who is taking on the task will gather sponsorship cash from people in real life. At the end of the month the sponsorship form will be sent back with a cheque for the raised amount and another 3 people will be chosen to do the next round.

As an example someone could offer not to swear for a whole week or to not drink for a month or so on.

Please offer up your ideas and if your prepared to do this and i will choose three people to start us off asap.

hi, im going to do the castle drogo 10km run in nov, its in dartmoor, need to do it for myself, but would love to do it to raise sponsership for this websitexmert

i dont think i did it right last time- cack with comps!! im running the drogo 10km in nov- would love to do it to sponser this site- as its means a lot to me personally ( I suffered hell there!!) jogging has really saved me a lot and the support i've recieved here has- i want to give something back! xmert

I wish I could do something as I'd be prepared to do near enough anything - I don't have many limits when it comes to confronting fears and things so even shaving off all my hair or dying it a bright colour would be nothing to me, nor would things like sky diving etc... My problem is I don't have enough friends to get sponsorship, so would be almost impossible to raise anything, and this makes me really sad as I'd love to be involved in this.

Tried to open that sponsorship document but couldn't as I don't have word.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there

Not sure if I done it correctly, but I pressed become a sponsor got directed to BDworld and paid my tenner via PayPal, but my thingme has not updated on here?

What happens now, cos when I pressed it a different way, it directed me elsewhere, will you know I have paid for the year? and give me access to the other parts of the site?

Not sure who I contact direct, but do have a PayPal transaction number etc.,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm training for various triathlons next summer. I did two last year and am hoping to get into the Swiss Ironman 70.3 in June, however places are limited and I'm waiting to hear back from them (i'll know if I'm in by March) either way I have entered two others and would like to use one of them as a chance to raise money for you guys. How would I go about it?

• 4 months later...

Glad you are doing this Josh. I tried to do a sponsored sky dive a year ago and all it was met with was suspicion and jealousy. So i hope that people do take this seriously. It's a fun way to raise money for a very worthy cause.