Mental Health Forums

A Wave Comes Over...

mugsy

Sometimes i can be having a conversation with someone and i feel suddenly out of control, I say things that i don't want to say/i dont think and its as if i have no control of myself as if i am just watching it from the back of my head. It seems to come over me in a sudden wave ,out of the blue and is really scary . There are also thoughts in my head which arent relevant to the situation and they arent my thoughts. my thoughts are there too but they are unable to 'break through' to the front for me to get control again. I have been told this is a kind of disconnection and whilst grounding helps other times, i find it difficult to do in situations where there are other people. I have been offered anti psychotics which the pdoc said 'might help' but i dont like taking them. has anybody had similar experiences and found another way to deal with it?

Sometimes i can be having a conversation with someone and i feel suddenly out of control, I say things that i don't want to say/i dont think and its as if i have no control of myself as if i am just watching it from the back of my head. It seems to come over me in a sudden wave ,out of the blue and is really scary . There are also thoughts in my head which arent relevant to the situation and they arent my thoughts. my thoughts are there too but they are unable to 'break through' to the front for me to get control again. I have been told this is a kind of disconnection and whilst grounding helps other times, i find it difficult to do in situations where there are other people. I have been offered anti psychotics which the pdoc said 'might help' but i dont like taking them. has anybody had similar experiences and found another way to deal with it?

Are these thoughts threatening?

Have you tried expressing these thoughts on paper by writing, and if so, did it help?

It sounds like it is troubleing you in that your own thoughts cannot break through.

I don't know if it psychosis, because although I have experiences psychosis, I really don't know much about the subject.

Did you give the pills a go? and if so, did they help?

I know pills are not the answer, but it sounds as if you need some help.

Sorry for all of the questions, but have you got a therapist or cpn etc who you can talk through these things with?

I am just trying to get a bit more info, without being nosey, just to see, if I can help in any way.

Archived