Mental Health Forums

Recently..

Joshua

I have took the unusual steps to remove any posts related to the incident recently involving a member who some state is very ill and others argue if she was ever ill at all.

I say unusual as I try to promote an environment whereby the member community work between themselves to resolve issues rather than controlling/punitive interventions from the team . We are simply here to guide the majority of the time and only step in where all other methods are exhausted.

I must explain that my rationale for doing this as it is solely to protect the person who is potentially ill at the moment with something that could potentially be life threatening. For those who question their illness I would suggest that should this be the case and the person isn’t significantly physically ill, she has other issues which must be considered. The point I am trying to show is that there are obviously difficulties and problems either side and they are both extremely valid.

I must also point out that it’s my view that both sides have behaved improperly during this debate with little regard for the feelings of others.

The internet is a place for people to remain anonymous and whilst this has benefits it certainly has flaws in as far as people can say what they wish and this cannot always be verified. Each of you is responsible for the interactions you have with others and how much you allow others in to your world.

I hope my decision can be respected even if not agreed with.

I regret making my posts about this and I am sorry for any offence or harm that may have been caused.

Thanks josh. I know i partly responsible so i apologise.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry, meant to put this as a seperate post but put it as a reply instead. duh!!!!!!

Edited by Ruth24

A very responsible move in my opinion Josh. I was going to request the threads be removed for the exact reasons you've stated but didn't think it was my place to do so.

Thank you