Mental Health Forums

Patchaz

PatchAZ

B) Hi all! I thought I would introduce myself. I'm Jeff “Patchâ€. I'm 37, supported by a loving and understanding wife, have two teenagers (boy and girl) and was officially labeled BP/OCPD in Sept of 2001. I also suffer with anxiety and alcoholism. My last therapist hinted about borderline personality disorder, but settled with obsessive compulsive personality disorder.

I served in the Marine Corps from Sept 84 to Jul 97. I took a year off in order to relax. Looking back at my time in the Corp, I realize that I spent quite a bit of time on the manic side. I worked my butt off, received excellent fitness reports and was always ahead of the game. The Corps had me stressed out and I needed a big break, so I walked away after 13 years.

I went to work for the State Prison in Mar of 98. I drank quite a bit while in the service and continued after getting out. I walked off my job in Jan 2001 and spent over half a year trying to drink myself happy. I crashed to a low that led me to quit drinking and seek professional help. I was diagnosed BP NOS /OCD and started the medication and therapy routine. This was around the same time that the VA decided that they knew what my problem was and that it was that I had no problem.

I found the therapy to be "a joke" and quit going. The meds seemed to even me out a bit, but were not the "complete solution". I hid in my house for a year trying to find the motivation/energy/desire to do anything besides stare at the walls and feel sorry for myself. I crashed to a new low with several plans for suicide. This resulted in my first trip to the fun house. A sudden change in meds and removal from my normal surroundings broke my suicidal thoughts, but I was still down.

I still don't go to therapy and my PDoc was just came back from medical leave for over a year now, so I visited my family doctor once a month in the interim. He played both pysch and counselor. I still haven't found the energy to return to work, but I have gotten involved with the local American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars were I volunteer some of my time. I like the volunteer work. It doesn't have a hold of my life's schedule, can be "worked" around my moods and still gives me something to feel good about.

I'm a member of the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Sons of the American Legion and the AZ Chapter of the American Legion Riders.

I'm home full time, I do some modeling of miniature figures when my hands aren't shaking, help out at the American Legion and ride my motorcycle when I get tired of the house. I still have several books that I want to read, but can't get my mind focused enough to stay with the story or remember what I just read.

After two and a half years of sobriety I fell off the wagon in Jan 04’ and drank myself into a stupor. I got my head on straight and back into the sober swing of things. Life just seems to be full of ups and downs. I pickied myself up, dustied myself off and started over again. My new sobreity date is Jan 4, 2004.

I've come to this forum in search of information and shared experiences. Several of my personality traits fall within the BLPD criteria but I'm not sure about a diagnosis. I manage to keep my temper in check most of the time and am starting to slow down my responses in order to catch the gray areas that I so often over look. I hope that this forum will provide me with information that I can take back and discuss with my PDoc.

Sorry this is so long winded. Just thought I'd cover all the bases.

Jeff,

Welcome! You sound incredibly strong!!! Congratulations on the Jan. 4 anniversary - I can only imagine what a daily struggle that is.

I'm so happy to hear you are married and that she is supportive.

I'm the wife of someone struggling with something simular to this BPD - yet not diagnosed.

This is a wonderful place to come to vent, ask questions, and make a connection to other wonderful people who struggle too.

Hope to see you around.

Where in the world are you?

I'm in the USA

Lanie <>< B)

Hope to see you around.

Where in the world are you?

I'm in the USA

Lanie <>< B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

B) Good ole US of A. Florence, AZ to be exact. B)

Welcome Patch,

There are quite a few USAer's here. Some from CA, NV, KS (me and at least one other), MS, and geeze I can't remember all the rest. You will find we are just as kind as our UK counterparts (and not nearly as cheeky).

Anyway welcome!

Bets

Hi Patch,

B)

I am possibly the sole Asian, definately the sole south eastern talking writing posting asian chatter here, from Singapore. Welcome. Hope to meet u in chat sometime.

Budgie :P

So glad your here. I'm always around to talk to. Feel free to email me if you ever need someone.

stardanceraj@yahoo.com

*hugs*

Archived