Mental Health Forums

Finding Answers

Roses

So I have rang my school to ask if the appropriate action was taken when they phoned my Mum about my bruising. I was told I can request my records and I'm gonna receive a form in the post withing a week.

I have spoken to NHS complaints for the Trust area I grew up in and although they cannot question the doctor they can access records to see if the correct procedures were followed. It sounds like he should have sent my Mother a written answer to her letter instead of a verbal one and I prolly shoulda been accessed into services at the time instead of 5 years later when I overdosed over it all.

I have also chased the doctor's sec from the Priory (the one who dx me BPD but never wrote the letter to confirm even though he took the money!!!) and she is hot on that case too.

Actually feel like I've achieved something today. It's a start anyway.

Oh and I've had no Pepsi and lots of Green Tea!!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hummm_mabbe

• Roses

• thesloaneranger

• Villan

wow! youve been busy roses - good luck with it all! a word of warning though, if these organisations find they did do something wrong in your records, certain pages tend to "go missing" ;)...if you think thats happened, get a lawyer in to get them. the birth of my daughter was messed up, and several pages have gone walkabout from my records.lawyers are involved now, so should be sorted out soon, but apparently this is more common than you would think as it buys the organisation some time.

keep your head high, your heart strong and i hope everything comes together for you with no probs *hugs*

Thanks Sloane, that's good advice. Yes, it's sad but true that the paperwork goes 'missing'. That's why with the NHS one I'm going in from the angle of finding if correct procedure was followed. Then if they admit it wasn't I can dig deeper and try and find more out. It's like getting Al Capone for tax evasion but I'm going in with my eyes open. I really appreciate the support xxxxxxxxxxxx

Roses you're doing tons of digging here and I think you're doing great, but I'm wondering what you are hoping to gain from it all? What I mean is sometimes we build up hopes that taking a certain route will bring some kind of closure for us and then it's a bit of an anti-climax when it's over, which can lead to us going back downhill. So I'm a little bit worried about what is going to happen if this is the case for you. I guess all I'm saying is IF that's your reasoning, please try to not get your hopes up too much that way you won't face as much dissapointment. (not saying don't do it though because I think people do need to be held accountable if they've made mistakes)

Thanks Sammy. I think I am just looking for answers right now but you are absolutely right in what you are saying and thank you for your concern. I will keep in touch on here about it and hopefully I will be OK. Guess I just got fed up of not knowing why, but I understand that some questions just can't be answered. Thanks again for your concern. xxxxx

wow thats a lot you got done. i really hope you get the answers you are looking for, it is hard not knowing and like you said, some things just cant be answered but i hope what can be answered is.

xxx

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

The Doctor from the Priory rang me personally and said he remembered me vividly. He was shocked to hear that I am on so many meds and not being offered any long term therapy. He did an assessment of me now to just catch up and see where I was, and informed me he would look out the notes and forward his thoughts from the time. He agreed it would be good to show my psyche and see what he says.

I sent off the forms for the school records and they replied today saying they could not help me as the records at the Jr schools are only held until you turn 25 and then they are shredded. I asked them whether or not they followed laws at the time and they told me to call OFSTED. OFSTED told me to call Dept of Children, School and Family (OFSTED's bosses). They told me to email them the dates and circumatances of what happened and they have a "policy team" who will let me know if they followed procedure.

I received a copy of the letter my Mum sent my brother's doctor and I have forwarded a copy of this, along with an accompanying letter, to the Chief Executive of the NHS Trust for that area, and CC'd it to the lady I spoke to in complaints (just in case the Chief Exec. says it never got there - who says paranoia is all bad?). I sent them recorded.

I am getting there. B)

yay... making loadsa progress there hunni...

i so hope u find the answers you are looking for...

still lightin my candle and sending you love...

Kath

xxxx

Wow Roses it sounds as though you have made so much progress with this, I wish you luck with it all and hope you find what you are looking for.

Pink x

UPDATE

Heard from Surrey Hants NHS Trust complaints department. She has spoken to the Chief Exec and they have arranged for the Associate Medical Director who is responsible for all the clinicians in Surrey Hants to call me direct on a day that is suitable to me *gulp* ! By the sounds of it and the wording she used they are trying their best to keep me calm so I guess they are shitting themselves. She said there is no record of me with Child Services at the time of this letter, as suspected, so basically this stupid psyche doc of my brother's didn't even deem me worthy of recording the event. Hmmm..... they want this guy to call me cos she says it will be better than throwing letters back and forth. I will, of course ask him to send me a letter confirming our conversation and an outline of what was said.

UPDATE (AGAIN)

The Associate Medical Director called me at about 7pm tonight and arranged to calle me Tues morning about 10.15am to talk about it. He seemed very nice. Just thought I'd let anyone who cares know. xxx

i will be on hol when he calls - but i will be thinking of you and sending you love...

i hope it all goes well and that he can go some way into giving you the answers u deserve and need...

xxxxxxxx

Good luck for tuesday Roses. I will be thinking of you. If you can take notes during the call then you can also send a letter to him confirming the conversation. That way there is a record of what he says was said and a record of what you said he said, if you get my drift.

xx

Roses, it sounds like you are being very assertive, brave and organised here, and I admire you.

Can I ask what your aim is in this? Are you after an apology? Compensation? An explanation?

Good luck with whatever it is you are hoping to achieve.

Wow, Roses! It sounds like you are getting tons of things accomplished, way to go! I hope you find what you are hoping to and that it helps you. Good luck on Tuesday!

xxx

Archived