Mental Health Forums

I Am Excited!

LadyMacbeth

My school has this event every year for the language department where professors and teachers come together and give presentations and discuss different teaching techniques and how to implement languages in the classroom. I used to go to support my Spanish prof. Feeling a little low before and decided to check my junk mail folder and saw an e-mail from my Spanish my professor asking me to join a student panel and discuss my experience with the Spanish language and culture. Made me really happy! I have given speeches at other universities before representing the langauge program at my college. But, I am kind of shitting myself as well because I have not given a presentation in a few years. But, I should be okay... I said I would do it because its something I need to do to gain my confidance back. My prof has always believed in me and pushed me to my limits and I am happy that someone does believe in me. Especially after ths hellish week. Wow! now I have to think about what I am going to say. Maybe I will do a power point presentation. I love doing those things! Hmm...will have to think. :)

Hey you,

We allways knew you where great of course, but its even better that you have recieved validation of this FACT from someone whom you regard so highly.

I know you will do great, how ever you decide to present it.

xx

Congratulations Em, that is wonderful.

Perhaps you could give me some advice on giving presentations, it is the one thing in my long, long life that I have never been able to do. I can write them I just can't give them.

Anyway, well done and let me take this opportunity to say it is so nice to hear you are feeling better.

Take care, Jane :)

Yeah its exciting because I used to be so involved in college and I love doing these things. Scared though but I really think that I need to do it for myself. Hopefully it will install some confidence back in me.

JT...um..not sure...I used to be into professional acting I just did it. I hope I still have it. I guess just not think about it and just do it. Everyone else is pretty nervous as well.

she's a lady! she's a lady!

well there is my usual immature response right there :P what i wanted to say was yeahhhhhh! fantastic.

you will be fab. just dont say anything about being a little insane or they might not take you seriously or even worse some smart arse in the back row might start making loony gestures at you, like, whats that one, oh yeah, the whirling finger by the ear and crossed eyes and the tongue in the chin, and so on. that would be awful! so yeah, just stick to spanish. which obviously you were going to do anyway. whenever i have done these sorts of things two things always happen - 1) i must must must have a pre-speech poo (well no choice really. ok, there is a choice. you either do it in your pants or in a toilet. lol i know which one i'd prefer! {pants}) haha. and 2) i always think about getting in there and at the last minute changing what i was gonna do in favour of just being a loon, ya know, doing my own version of John Cleese's Ministry of Silly Walks, or, just goon about, doing animal impressions and the like. to a frankly, captive audience! and then at the end i would just stop, and like nothing had happened, calmly sit down again with a straight face, and look around with a look of surprise at everyone else looking so surprised. and so on. gah. anyway!

sorry about that.

xx good luck xx

Actually...this is where my multiple personalities come in handy because I come across as sane. I wear my "I think I know what I am talking about face." :lol: Must find that I know its in one of my suitcases somewhere I have yet to unpack. :lol:

Congratulations Lady!!!! :hug2:

I'm glad you are taking up the opportunity to do this, especially since it is something you love to do. You'll do fine. ;) I could see you being an excellent speaker most definitely.

Actually...this is where my multiple personalities come in handy because I come across as sane. I wear my "I think I know what I am talking about face."  Must find that I know its in one of my suitcases somewhere I have yet to unpack. 

I used to be involved in public speaking through school a long time a go. Great Minds think alike here! :lol:

xxKatie

Archived