Mental Health Forums

Clouds And Chlorpromazine

kazzapants

just wondered if anyone else has felt like this on it (thorazine/largactil)

I was on 25mgs 3 x a day.....nothing much happened cept periods went haywire.

then put up to 50mgs 3 x a day.......which helped a little because it made me to droswy to act out or in.

now am on 75mgs 3 x a day........i am a zombie. don't feel anything really....just feel so far out of it, can't be arsed to do anyhting, hardly think about anything much, just sit and stare. don't want to do anything but just be. gf really getting down cos of it, she talks and i know she is speaking and i can hear the words......but i'm just vacant..lights are on but no ones home.

does this mean they are working? i stop every so often just to try being real for a bit, but the shock is too much, i like the numbness i want more of it.........if i could be bothered i would be concerned at how nice it is to be numb, i;m addicted to the numb but it whilst i am i don't really exist. people are slipping away and i can't care because i can hardly see it......i'm just watching the clouds. not had any today at all and am less numb.......but i am alone so its ok, peopl will be backl soon so i'm going to take them before they get here, its much easier to deal with people when you are staring through the clouds.

yup this stuff spaces me out too particularly if i mix it with alcohol,being a totally sad git i tend to go over the recommended dose by gp/psych and then nothing matters,i would mention it to psych though,o.k maybe youre not acting out but theres only so many clouds you can look at i guess.

patricia

i can't decide whether to take it or not, i keep unmedicating myself which they tell me off for but I just seem to be either a zombie or a psycho.....my moods swings if anything seem more clearly defined, but where there used to be little snippets of me in between the ups and the downs, now is just nothing.

yeah, i know how you feel. i am going through the same thing with quetiapine right now. either i am paranoid psycho, or i act like a total zombie (went to asda this morning and held up the queue packing my sad little one bag of shopping) makes me so slow. HATE it. my brain works faster than my body can act. aaarrrgh!! im gonna ask to be taken off it.

((((((pinks))))))))))))

I scared myself by reading about it on the net, and ended up reading all this stuff about it being called a "chemical lobotomy" and not actually meant to help with symptoms, just to mong you out enough that you don't cause any trouble......

i blame this sodding awful stuff for making me feel bloody awful last night,yes i know its recommended you dont take alcohol with it so maybe i deserved what happened but it was truelly shitty,i have been feeling crappy and way out of things so following a few glasses of wine i took recommended dose and spent the next few hours with a pulse of of over 115 and a pain in my chest to boot,i was afraid to move cos it hurt so much-hard lesson from now on no more alcohol with promazine for sure.

patricia

• 2 weeks later...

kazza,

was on promazine as well , high doses, couldn't function at all , finally came off that went onto mellorill not so bad , take care look after yourself rosehip xxx

Archived