Mental Health Forums

Direction

stinkyboy

30 days sober today! Don't wanna drink, but i know that could change in a heartbeat. Now i'm trying to decide what direction to take with my recovery. Right now i don't have any access to therapy or any support groups for my bpd, but i'm thinking about going back to AA. Couldn't hurt i know, since i am an alcoholic, but in the past, i've run into opposition in 12 step groups by talking about my mental health issues. Some people, just a few, have actually been hostile towards me, so i stopped sharing much of what was going on inside my head and that made me very frustrated. If i do go back to the meetings, i can only hope i will run into somebody who is safe and will understand. But i'm thinking that to go and be around supportive people overall, even though not everybody will get it, could only help my situation. Right now i'm isolating too much with not working and all. We'll see how it goes. Later.

well done :) good luck if you do go back to AA, could be good to be around people as long as you feel able to deal with it if there is any hostility.

xxx

Archived