Mental Health Forums

What Should I Do?

jamming1

Greetings, I have had some tough times. Although his maybe the case, I have been moved into a flat that is not meeting my needs. All ask for is some Peace. To be able to go to bed when I want. To be able to wake up when i want. To stay in my flat & not be tourmented by verbally abusive neighbours. Also the noise of the Taps dictates when I wake up, when I go to sleep, what I do with my day...as I can not stand to be in as the water noise continues & is relentless. :wacko: I am just completly baffeled why people are like this, what have I ever done to them? They get some kind of kick to see a man down & still kicking him. My faith in humanity has taken a almighty knock. :blink: I know my C.P.N is trying his best, but how can they measure water when the old lady below me is constantly messing arund with the stop tap? They come around and she puts the tap to normal-they leave and she turns up the presure till its unbearable :( I some times feeel like I am going around in circles :angry: I have put alot of work into this place, it was surpose to be a new start. I deserve to be left alone to try and recover in PEACE ^_^ Thanks for reading & again i feel better for writing this...Thank you

has anyone mentioned to the old lady about what she is doing? is it a noise that you can record to help show whats going on? how does she know when people are there, is there a way of getting someone in there without her knowing so they can hear? when the water noise is on can you put any music on to drown it out, i know it wouldnt help with sleeping but it might make the day more bearable. im sorry that your neighbors are being abusive. ive been in a situation like that and its horrible feeling unable to do anything about it, or feeling forced out of your home.

im glad you feel better for writing it.

xxx

has anyone mentioned to the old lady about what she is doing? is it a noise that you can record to help show whats going on? how does she know when people are there, is there a way of getting someone in there without her knowing so they can hear? when the water noise is on can you put any music on to drown it out, i know it wouldnt help with sleeping but it might make the day more bearable. im sorry that your neighbors are being abusive. ive been in a situation like that and its horrible feeling unable to do anything about it, or feeling forced out of your home.

xxx

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am recording it. But that's getting on my nerves. People like 2 of my friends have heard it. She can hear me walking about i,e as son as I sit in the loo the noise is on again. She does it in bursts as she has cottoned on to the fact I am trying to record it. I suppose it is worse in the morning, when she wants me to wake up. I should really jump out of bed and get a consistent blasts then...Jesus its really getting tome. I have been trying to get some thing done for 6 months now...I know its two weeks before my C.P.N & the council are coming to try and sort it, but it torment :angry:

this probably makes me sound like a bitch but what i would do is put music on really loud, the more offensive the better and point the speakers in her direction. if you up at odd hours thats even better. or put the speakers up against a pipe that runs to her place then it will carry through and you wouldnt have to have it so loud and risk getting into trouble yourself. have the friends that have heard it mentioned it to the relevant people, its always good to have witnesses.

xxx

hi freespirit,

hope you feeling better today. I can't fathom out why that woman underneath is messing about with taps anyway? What a peculiar thing to be doing?

Love your suggestion, Rael!

beishek

I know its strange. I have some rough neighbours, when they see me they say Pi'' off along those lines. Most of them i have never seen before! I have been here for 10 months now.... Most are nice, and say hello. But the ones closest to me i.e the Old Lady below me & have the builder to my left who verbally calls me all the names under the sun. She has been here 40 years.& He who has bought his flat has been here 25 years they talk nearly every day. He asks what I have been up to etc.& because he does not like me, they are both on a mission to hound me out of my flat. I would not mind but even last night she was tuning on the taps at 1:30 am. I wake up all stress out. I want to S/Harm, I know at 7am she will be contstantly using them. Its tortcher, I have spoken to her & said "it is unbearable." She told me, "she could not hear the noise." I said "if it doesnt get better i will have to move, as it is unbearable."She replied "that's fine!" This was the wrong thing to say as the water noise Got Worse :wacko: Last night was a bad one for the noise. I will have to sleep in the tent in the Garden till it gets sorted at this rate. I worred I might do some thing silly just over some pig ignorant fools :( . I getting out today and staying out as long as possible. Need to get some strength back. ;) Thanks for reading....

If you are a tenant, freespirit, and you feel that your neighbours are making your mental health worse, would it be possible for your landlord to move you somewhere else? Just an idea.

If you are a tenant, freespirit, and you feel that your neighbours are making your mental health worse, would it be possible for your landlord to move you somewhere else? Just an idea.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am a tenant. I hope they can move me somewhere else. Its a shame as all the money and hard work i have put into this place. They are difficult the council, but hopefully they will here the noise i hear on a regular basis & agree it is not 'Normal' & get there fingers out & sort it! ;)

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am a tenant. I hope they can move me somewhere else. Its a shame as all the money and hard work i have put into this place. They are difficult the council, but hopefully they will here the noise i hear on a regular basis & agree it is not 'Normal' & get there fingers out & sort it! ;)

Good Morning, at last got a good nights sleep. This is because i think Iam coming to terms with it and something is going to get done(HOPE!) I have had some close calls with the S/Harm, but I will look aroung this site and get some more help ;)

xxx

Hiya. Great idea with the radio. It is by the pipes giving me most trouble. So far it is drowning out the noise! But quite what I do when I go to bed... :P

can you sleep with music on? just wondering because we have someone building a house next door to us and they start at stupid times and are basically hammering on our wall and dropping metal against it. i have started having my mp3 player next to me so if it wakes me up i put the headphones in. i find it helps even if i have to have it loud because its a familiar noise and a less obtrusive one than the noise they are making and its familiar which is comforting. i know some people cant sleep with headphones in so sorry if its a stupid idea. cant really think of anything else right now but will keep thinking.

take care

xxx

I'm glad you feel better for writing this.

Verbally abusive neighbours sounds a nightmare. I have a friend who is affected by them, and she is beside herself and cannot wait to move.

I hope you get to be left alone to try and recover in PEACE

xxxxxxxxxxx

can you sleep with music on? just wondering because we have someone building a house next door to us and they start at stupid times and are basically hammering on our wall and dropping metal against it. i have started having my mp3 player next to me so if it wakes me up i put the headphones in. i find it helps even if i have to have it loud because its a familiar noise and a less obtrusive one than the noise they are making and its familiar which is comforting. i know some people cant sleep with headphones in so sorry if its a stupid idea. cant really think of anything else right now but will keep thinking.

take care

xxx

Thanks for that idea! I am walking around with a cam recorder. So as soon as I sit down on the loo you acne see the deliberate use of the tap noise. When i have a bath like last night I left the radio on in the cupboard where the worst noise comes from. The first bath i have had and felt relaxed! It muffled the noise, also for the rest of the night. I unplugged it a night before bed. It all started again at 7:30am. I think I may leave it on all night tonight. Great idea with the MP3, that will be plan 'B' :D Thank you

Hi, Good Morning!

Was just thinking about you, so I thought I would ask how you are today. Did you try the mp3 idea?

bei

Morning! Thanks for reply. I am using the Radio. This has proved very effective! It has taken some of the stress out of the whole situation :) Plus I am going to get some witness reports together. Really need on of my helpers to hear it! I am having a meeting here towards the end of the week, hope she continues her stupidness then! ;)

Dear God, It is all happening tomorrow. Now at the last minute my C.P.N has told me a man from maintenance is coming around at 1:30pm. My care plan is at 2:00pm. So it looks like there is going to be 7 people around hee at once! I have not had time to get the witness statements & sort out the video evidence. I thought it would be next week. I am abit put out by this, but on the positive side I hope we get to the bottom of this water noise pollution. I really am struggling to hang on, I really think I should count my losses and move to a more sutable location. It can not get any worse, I am drink/drug free. But another month of this torment I can see myself seeking help in the wrong places, Wish me luck guys. I'm going in! ;) x

Well it came & went. The plumber that turned up told me that he is waiting for 2 hearing aids! You couldn't make it up. Then the surveyor turned up. I thought the plumber was joking, but he wasn't! :wacko: They turned some taps on & off. Was not very good as they where not really listening properly, as I stated in the letter to the Council, they did not do as thougher job. But dispite this, they did say there is a loud Water problem. :mellow: Great at last they have said there is a problem. The oldlady under me does not want anything to do with it. They offered her a new combi-boiler system, also a new toilet. This would all make the water noise reduce dramatically.

I was told over 90% of the tenants would have bitten his arm off for such upgrades. But she does not want anything or anyone in her flat making a mess. Here my friends is were hit a brick wall, :blink: She does not want to help herself or me in resolving this distressing Water Noise. The Council said there is nothing they can do if she does not want the new items. I am now losing the plot, I have tried and tried, this as far as the surveyor is concerned is what he wants I feel. Me to give up complaining. :mellow:

Even if I move, the person that moves in after me is going to have the same problem regarding the unbearable Water Noise. I am practically living in the Garden now. Shit, this realy sucks guys :wacko:

Well it came & went. The plumber that turned up told me that he is waiting for 2 hearing aids! You couldn't make it up. Then the surveyor turned up. I thought the plumber was joking, but he wasn't! :wacko: They turned some taps on & off. Was not very good as they where not really listening properly, as I stated in the letter to the Council, they did not do as thougher job. But dispite this, they did say there is a loud Water problem. :mellow: Great at last they have said there is a problem. The oldlady under me does not want anything to do with it. They offered her a new combi-boiler system, also a new toilet. This would all make the water noise reduce dramatically.

I was told over 90% of the tenants would have bitten his arm off for such upgrades. But she does not want anything or anyone in her flat making a mess. Here my friends is were hit a brick wall, :blink: She does not want to help herself or me in resolving this distressing Water Noise. The Council said there is nothing they can do if she does not want the new items. I am now losing the plot, I have tried and tried, this as far as the surveyor is concerned is what he wants I feel. Me to give up complaining. :mellow:

Even if I move, the person that moves in after me is going to have the same problem regarding the unbearable Water Noise. I am practically living in the Garden now. Shit, this realy sucks guys :wacko:

Greetings, I am still here! I slept in the Garden a couple of days ago. It went down to 3degrees. I came in that morning & went back to bed to warm up. I put me ear plugs in and stayed there. It is only today I have got up and am moving about again. I feel better. I can see the sun shining, got alot of washing to do. I a going to try and get out today. I missed my appointment with my Support Worker yesterday. I really get on with this one, it was my opportunity to let them know that it has 'Been confirmed, that there is Loud Water Noise'. :D This would have been great as here team think I am over reacting. I must keep stong & use some of the great ideas for advocacy. Thanks for your Support guys. ;) If anyone can think of anything or just say Hi, great... :) x x x

Archived