Mental Health Forums

You Know Me And Meds

walker

i give a flying fuck but i dont know what to say as i dont know what you said and whats going on? theres nothing wrong with posting and if you wanna ask something its ok.

xxx

I give a flying fuck too Walker. Perhaps you should remember that, or write a list of people who do give a flying fuck so you can remind yourself. I mean for fucks sake woman, people on here genuinely care about you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stop trying to push us all away hunni - cos we aint going nowhere....

But we can't help you if you don't let us try...

((((((((((((((((((walker))))))))))))))))))))))

Kath

xx

cant help it

i thought it was impatience

but its not that simple

it is chronic insecurity about anything i say or do

i post

wait

and my head fills with arguments as to why i shouldnt have

reasons why people aren't answering

why they dont want to

why they would want to avoid me, ignore me, hate me

it fills up

to the point where i cant bare it

and i delete

sometimes i do sometimes i dont

i am intensely insecure over meds

so i guess this is a topic i particularly struggle with - for many many reasons

it is not a judgement of you - although i see how it looks like that afterwards - but not when it is happening and i am IN it

i really should quit

EVERYTHING you say here is perfectly VALID....

even if, like me, you flit from one mood to the next within seconds...

no one will judge you hun... everyone just wants to help you... but sometimes they don't know how... i dont know how... but it doesnt mean i dont want to try...

if yuo can, jus try and let us help you... even if yuo don't know how we can... together we will be stronger...

Love and Hugs

Kath

xxx

xxxxxxx

ok

the issue is i already use diaz occasionally

now i have started propranolol and wanted to know if i can take both

i HATE this

i HATE taking them - and my head is screaming at me for it and telling me its not neccessary

doc said 40 mg x2 but i refused - so took 10 - then 20 last night

i am so scared - it actually adds to my anxiety ffs

i just want some reassurance that this is the right thing to do

that i am not bad

that i am not making a fuss

that it will help

i just need hugs

propranolol is a beta bloker and is used for many things, one being anxiety. It is not as addictive as some drugs and will not make you unduly drowsy once you get used to it. It also does not make you put on weight like some anti-anxiety drugs. It worked really well for me. I used to take 20 at 10am, 20 at 2pm, 30 at 6pm and 20 at night. I was on more at one point. I would be tempted to split that 40 x 2 into 20 x 4 hun like I did. But it is up to you.

i took propranolol as a beta blocker when i had a racing pulse rate... i dont remember there being any anx involved at the time, but i took one tablet a day in the morning and it really helped me. i think the dose was increased somewhere along the line to a slow release tablet but cant be sure... no side effects that i can remember...

coming off it was easy too, just tapered off to low dose and then alternate days, then as and when, then off completely...

as far as interactions with diaz is concerned... no idea sorry, but they usually say in the leaflets with the drugs which ones you cant take it with if there is a really big problem...

but then again i take an ssri ad along with a low dose of tri-cyclic ad which is used for the sleepy side effect and at low dose it perfectly OK to take... although all the blurb says dont take the two sorts of ad together!!!

best idea if you have any concerns is to ask doctor or pharmacist... if pharmacist, you can always use the I have a friend... and she takes x and y and i have heard.... what do yuo think... tactic as a diversion... if u get what i mean...

sorry i cant be more help...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i take propranolol (no idea what dose) and take diaz on occasion too, it has never had an interaction or anything but i understand how anxious it can make you feel when you dont know and worry you are doing something wrong. you arent though, it is ok to take them both. the distant feeling could be down to worrying about what you are doing, sometimes i find it hard to tell whats me being me and whats the med. do ask your doc or pharmacist for reassurance if you need hun, they arent going to mind being asked.

xxx

Sorry i haven't replied earlier-been a bit away with the fairies recently.

I haven't taken either of those drugs before, but you have been given some good advise from others

Hugs to you walker. Please keep posting

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived