Mental Health Forums

Olanzapine, Mirtazapine Side Effects

marc-74

i've been on different combos of meds for over 6 years now,   and I really ask myself whats the point, some Dr's just don't believe, or care when you tell them they don't work for me, or talk about side-effects,

Ive been on olanzapine for a while now, and the side effects are really driving me completely mental, I need to take procyclidine to help with the muscle spasms during the day, but cant take it at night because it keeps me awake. so this means I end up on the sofa, because my arms and legs twitch and jerk so bad, i look like kermet the frog with a cattle prod up his ass.

I hasn't always been like this, I started taking mirtazapine recently , and the twitches are getting worse,  is anyone else on this combo.

I am not on this combo Marc but it is wekk documented that both these drugs have really bad side-effects and that lots of people suffer them. I would ask for a different mood stabiliser as olanzipine is notorious for the bad side-effects. There was a thread on here bout 6 months ago I think about mirtazipine and how so many people were suffering with that drug's side effects too. I'd defo go talk to your Doc as there are alternatives. Risperidone I found better than Olanzipine and now I'm on lithium. xxxxx

I am not on this combo Marc but it is wekk documented that both these drugs have really bad side-effects and that lots of people suffer them.  I would ask for a different mood stabiliser as olanzipine is notorious for the bad side-effects.  There was a thread on here bout 6 months ago I think about mirtazipine and how so many people were suffering with that drug's side effects too.  I'd defo go talk to your Doc as there are alternatives.  Risperidone I found better than Olanzipine and now I'm on lithium.  xxxxx

Thanks Rose , they switched me from risperidone to olanzipine, my new doc is away on holiday, so......feel a bit stuck,   thanks again for your reply.

marc xxx

olazapine is an anti psychotic, chemically the nearest thing to clozapine without the extreeme side effects this has. you could ask for the dosage to be adjusted. generaly mirtazapine (antid) would be more likely to settle muscle spasms so its likely the combination isnt working for you. mirtazipine is quite an old anti d and ssri's are more likely to work successfully along side anti pyschotics. diaz, or tryhexphenidel should beable to help with the side effects from olazapine, or a small combination of them both. keep going back til they find a combination that works for you, different people react differently so keep perstering them with any little side effects til they get it right

Archived