Mental Health Forums

Flash Forward

hummm_mabbe

Hello

Dont worry no spoilers

I been watching Flash Forward on 5 on demand, and I thought I would be kinna "meh" about it, but its brillie! Both episodes have had me feeling such a wide range of emotions (but then Imma bit like that lately anyway and theres lots of family related stuff). Its cooool.

My theory is that the worlds computers were used to do it, cuz theres so many computers in the world :) Or mabbe the schumann cavity in the atmosphere (yeah blah blah I know). At first I thought that Detective Noh was involved, because he didnt appear for a long time at first, but mabbe it was a little red herring, what with his little reveleation he got at the end of episode 2 :)

Who really is D Gibbons?

Who was the mysterious man in the warehouse?

Who is the man in the stadium?

What about the FBI agent who gets preggie?

Why are those cup cakes so very good?

Whoo I dont normally get into TV shows, but this one is like crack to me :D Replaces my star trek addiction .. prolly wouldnt have decided to watch it unless a star trek writer was involved ... he likes to write in "Predestination Paradoxes" into his star trek episodes, and Flash Forward is one big predestination paradox!

Whoo Im long wordy rambling. Wibble

Ross

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hummm_mabbe

• Roses

• Mazzerkhan

• Villan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yay a Fast Forward thread!!!!!!

I was like you Rossie Mc Detective, I thought Detective Noh was a baddie at first. Yup, hubbie and I both agreed is a "Pre-destination Paradox" although it could be like the time lines on Back To The Future with different realities veering off the main course as the puppets rage against the machine (burning his friendshipe bracelet is a prime example).

Oooohhh "D Gibbons is a very bad man" sent shivers up and down my spine". We think that the man at the stadium is obviously D Gibbons but D Gibbons is the man that his wife saw in her dream. We think that Jack Davenport is a very bad man! If you go on imdb.com and search the show his name is fourth down on the cast list so he is gonna be a major player.

FYI I had to shut my eyes for the doll factory scenes until they got upstairs as freaky one eyed dolls give me nightmares! LOL! Hubbie talked me through the action. I said to hubbie that I thought that Fiennes daughter was the key to this whole plot and then she came out with that one liner at the end. Could it be that she has the information? Is she the new hard-drive? Could Mr Davenport have a split personality or is he just in control of the evil henchman? Who is "the puppetmaster"????

I thought that the explosions were way cool and seeing the stuff all wired up must take a master evil genius. Is the green goblin in this? xxx

EDIT: I said 'Fast' not 'Flash' again. I keep doing that and singing the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles song....

Yay a Fast Forward thread!!!!!!

I was like you Rossie Mc Detective, I thought Detective Noh was a baddie at first. Yup, hubbie and I both agreed is a "Pre-destination Paradox" although it could be like the time lines on Back To The Future with different realities veering off the main course as the puppets rage against the machine (burning his friendshipe bracelet is a prime example).

Oooohhh "D Gibbons is a very bad man" sent shivers up and down my spine". We think that the man at the stadium is obviously D Gibbons but D Gibbons is the man that his wife saw in her dream. We think that Jack Davenport is a very bad man! If you go on imdb.com and search the show his name is fourth down on the cast list so he is gonna be a major player.

FYI I had to shut my eyes for the doll factory scenes until they got upstairs as freaky one eyed dolls give me nightmares! LOL! Hubbie talked me through the action. I said to hubbie that I thought that Fiennes daughter was the key to this whole plot and then she came out with that one liner at the end. Could it be that she has the information? Is she the new hard-drive? Could Mr Davenport have a split personality or is he just in control of the evil henchman? Who is "the puppetmaster"????

Daughter and I had the exact same feeling about Mr Davenport..who was he on the phone to?. I hid behind a cushion for the doll factory bit too. The only thing I am worried about is the fact it comes from the same team that brough us LOST..I gave up on series 3 and now realise we will probably never know. Only 6 days till the next episode..

I thought that the explosions were way cool and seeing the stuff all wired up must take a master evil genius. Is the green goblin in this? xxx

EDIT: I said 'Fast' not 'Flash' again. I keep doing that and singing the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles song....

Warning possible spoilers

I get the feeling that if I had watched Lost I might be more up on this stuff! I never watched it, I am abnormal :(

I though that too about .. umm whassis name ... Lloyd Simcoe? That he might be a bad guy ... I was thinking that mabbe computers were used as a "self fulfilling prophecy" - subliminal inserts into computer images that people see that work as sleeper memories, to be triggered during the blackout, and then people go right ahead and fulfil the prophecy. But then that didnt account for Lloyd Simcoe turning up - unless he was a plant! Lol this is how my wizened brain works ...

I thought that D Gibbons was the guy in the warhouse. Basically I think he spotted all the snipers and so on and decided not to get on the bus, BUT I reckon he isnt going to be the one who did it, I think he will be someone who is trying to find out what happened, like the characters said. Its possible that he was the guy in the stadium, but if you look at the geography - Detroit is the other side and coast of the US from LA where we start off. Utah, where the warehouse is, is much closer to LA but still quite far ... so I dunno. He could have got to Detroit I guess, by plane or whatever before. OH NO that cant be, because "D Gibbons" was on the phone to whoever was in the stadium during the blackout... I dunno. Mabbe they were people who knew it was gonna happen, but werent involved in it? Like another faction? Braga came up with the idea of the "Temporal Cold War" in enterprise, which had several factions to keep you guessing, mabbe he will reprise that here too? OOOOOO I DUNNO!

But then I also looked at the book that this is based on, and it says something very different, though apparently the series is very different from the book. Lloyd Simcoe is the hero in the book for a start, and the action is seen from his (select text with mouse for possible spoiler)POV as a particle physicist working at CERN. The LHC collider is what caused the blackout in the book I havent read the book, just going on the wiki summation. I might go buy the bookie today actually, sounds excitamatating and I cant wait for the next eppy, as im impatient. And bored. Whoo.

I think you and hubbie are good detectives :D

I'm sure between all of us we can work it out B)

So he is a hero in the book? So is he like a false hero? Appears a hero on the surface (seduces Fiennes wife and gets into his house) but secretly he is so BAD! ??????

Want the next eposide NOW xxxxxxxxx

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol:

The thing I noticed was that in Fiennes wife's flashforward, Simcoe doesnt look very happy. He looks concerned with something - if its his role as bad guy, then theres no reason to insert that in her memory, as he needs to be a good guy to her, so mabbe that rules out my theory ... or mabbe the memories are real, and something will go wrong between them. Dunnooooo

In the book he seems to be in place of the character Fiennes plays. On telly we follow fiennes as the "hero", and it seems in the book thats what happens but with Simcoe cos he is unwittingly involved with what caused the blackout (see my little spoiler thingie above). But the book is apparently different, so .... tis a bit like the Bourne Identity books, they are totally diff to the movies, with some good guys being bad guys etc.

Aww its so nice when I get obsessive.

Rossie Mc Compulsive

The first

Just had a thought, the cast list doesn't have a person with the name D Gibbons !!! So D Gibbons must be one of the other characters right?

D Gibbons is a stolen identity - the bad guy in the warehouse, or whoever was meant to get on the bus, spoofed her phone and cards, or so it seems. So Didi Gibbons is the cup cake woman, but someone bad was using her identity.

Thats what I got from it anyhoo.

Yeah me too, I guess I was just saying that so that someone else who was reading this would understand. I totally agree. But personally those cakes she had, made me want to hurl. Yuckie, bet it's that horrid synthetice frosting stuff.... eeurgh....

Yay, Rossie Mc Compulsive and Roses Mc On-A-Mission

I got a very bad feeling about Didi Gibbons..never trust a blue cake..I thought it was to convienent..she gave them all the info to go after the guy in the warehouse who we are all assuming was bad..but supposing, as was suggested last night, that he too was investigating the flash forwards and he wa good...DiDi had him killed..(can you spot my paranoid tendencies??_)

lol that could be a point Mazzerkhan, mabbe she is like a Verbal / Kaiser Sose .... ?

Also I did something very obsessive - I paused through the frames of the first flashback: I saw a black goose or swan, a painting of an octopus, and a photo of an old style diver from like the 1920's or something.

You too can be this retentive by going to the 5 on demand website and re-watching it :D

NOT FAIR....!!!

i recorded it yesterday adn then decided to watch "without a trace" this morning before work instead...

i am doing sooooooooo well avoiding reading what you have all written and i so wanna peak...

looking forward to joining in the debate as soon as i catch up... although i am rubbish at working things out and will probably just comment on the fitness of the men in the series - ima sure Roses will join in with me there!!!

xxxx

Lol sorry chips

I also just saw a clip saying "royal cheese (something)" and "help us| scrawled on a bit of paper. Lol Im enjoying this

Might try some screen shots

LOL indeed Chips. Whenever I see Fiennes I'm back in Shakespeare in love and hopelessley drawn in by his little boy lost eyes..... *sigh* but Jack Davenport is like HELLO! I'll be your doctor anyday pal.

Anyways, getting out of the gutter for a minute there.... my husband said the Octopus poster was reference to another show/series that the Star Trek guy has worked on?? And yeah Mazzerkhan DiDi is like the perfect all american dream/mum type person I'm sure there is a supressed psychopathic killer in there somewhere. She seems TOO nice, plus her cakes make me want to vomit.

LOL indeed Chips. Whenever I see Fiennes I'm back in Shakespeare in love and hopelessley drawn in by his little boy lost eyes..... *sigh* but Jack Davenport is like HELLO! I'll be your doctor anyday pal.

Anyways, getting out of the gutter for a minute there.... my husband said the Octopus poster was reference to another show/series that the Star Trek guy has worked on?? And yeah Mazzerkhan DiDi is like the perfect all american dream/mum type person I'm sure there is a supressed psychopathic killer in there somewhere. She seems TOO nice, plus her cakes make me want to vomit.

Okies here are the images ive managed to get out of it by slowing down the film:

A hollow point bullet with "not today" written on the side

A black goose or swan

A picture of an older man with "37 sekunden" written underneath on Marks board

An ID with the name of the female bombing suspect - Alda Hertzog

A reference to Baltimore

A photo of birds in the sky

A reference to Blue Hand (maybe blue from icing colouring ... ?)

A chess piece

A receipt from "Crown Cheese Steak(house?) with 'help us' scrawled on it in blood / red ink

A reference on a calendar to 'D-Day', the 29th of whatever month its on. I guess that must be April 29th, the day everyone saw

A photo of an old style diver from the 1920's era

A picture of a galaxy, possibly ours

Drawings of human biology type pictures

A painting - I think its called "The thinker" - will have to google that

Diagrams of machinery - looks like a hand crank attached to some cogs

A reference to "Red Panda"

And attached is the "octopus" picture. Is that a pyramid, or a boat in the background? What did hub say about the octopus, Roses?

Ross

Ooo and also, i think you're right Roses about the little girl being v important to it, because "friendship bracelet" was actually one of the items on Marks wall. If it wasn't tied to the actual case, and what caused it, he wouldn't put it on the wall as its just a circumstance of his memory. So it will prolly turn out that Charlie, the little girl, has seen something v important and its connected to the bracelet. Mabbe she saw her dad get killed, and he WASN'T wearing one, so she gave him it so that it couldn't come true ... dunno just a random guess.

Ross

Something else interesting - at the beginning, just after Mark runs through the city and sees the disaster around him, he looks up to see two chinook helicopters:

Then later in episode 1, we see a bit of Jack's AA friend's flashforward, about his daughter being alive still. In the image we see this:

Now there are minaret spires with crosses on too, but this is a childs picture, perhaps thats how they saw the helicopter blades? The camera zooms on the "helicopter" too.

If you compare the drawing to what a chinook looks like - four wheels, a hump at the back and two sets of rotors:

i1_Chinook_s.jpg

(if you are viewing this with google chrome you might not be able to see this piccie, dunno why)

Is there a connection with his daughter being still alive, and there being these same military helicopters on the scene? It does seem odd in the first episode that two choppers would be up in the sky so soon after the disaster ...

Also this may sound funny, but Ive got a theory that the video of the guy in the stadium might be a hoax / red herring. If you go back and watch the video again, as the man walks across frame there is an unusual visual glitch around the area he is walking through thats not present in the whole of the piece... perhaps it will turn out that the video was planted for Janice to find? Whoo

Ahhh its not an octopus - its a many headed hydra! Lol

And the painting is Oedipus and the Sphinx, which has to do with solving riddles and gaining access to the temple of the old Greek religion and stuff.

I'm so glad some one started a Thread on this :)

My partner and I are loving the programme, there's so many possibilities that could happen and who could turn out to be a baddie!

I agree with Roses, the one liner from the litte girl at the end sent shivers down my spine too!

Can't wait for the next ep :)

Pink Stars x

I love when a program like this comes along and gives you something to really think about (and distraction). My little head is melted trying to think about how they are going to explain, how the future is immutable. Like Lt Ko now knows he is going to die on the 15th of march (and presumably how as well..) so why can't he avoid it? Also our hero (i am awful when it comes to remebering names..) know that 3 guys are going to walk into his office with the intention of killing him at 10pm..so where are all the other FBI agents he can now tell...surley if you know the future you can take action to change it..

(also really looking forward to True Blood starting on channel 4 on Friday, My step daughter (who has really good taste) had watched both series on line and says its brilliant).

OK, I'm catching up now Ross. So... hubbie said the poster he saw on the wall was a reference to the flight that went down in Lost (the number was on it) so that was just a linkie to the Lost series and nothing of significance here, unless the whole blackout thing is an experiment on human minds just like the whole Lost charade.

With regards to "The Thinker" it is Dantes at the gates of hell and was originally a bronze and marble statue sculpted by Auguste Rodin in 1902. Dantes is Dante Alighieri and wrote The Diving Comedy between 1308 and his death in 1321. It is widely considered the central epic poem of Italian literature and is seen as one of the greatest works of world literature. Originally the work was entitled 'Commedia' and was later christened 'Divina' by Giovanni Boccaccio. The first published edition to add the word divine to the title was that of the Venetian Humanist Lodovico Dolce in 1555. By the looks of it the poem is about hell and purgatory and how the medieval church viewed sin.

The Hydra were killed by Heracles whilst Hera sent down a giant crab to bite attack him. If you chop off one of her heads she grows another one so he burnt the stubs to corterise the wounds and stop her growing again. Heracles dipped his arrows in the dead Hydra's blood to make them poisonous to any foe. Nice...

Oedipus was a mythical Greek king of Thebes. He fulfilled a prophecy that said he would kill his father and marry his mother, and thus brought disaster on his city and family. On his quest to Thebes, Oedipus encounters the Sphinx who would stop all those who traveled to Thebes and ask them a riddle. If the travelers were unable to answer correctly, they were eaten by the Sphinx; if they were successful, they would be able to continue their journey. The riddle was: "What walks on four feet in the morning, two in the afternoon and three at night?". Oedipus answers: "Man; as an infant, he crawls on all fours, as an adult, he walks on two legs and, in old age, he relies on a walking stick". Oedipus was the first to answer the riddle correctly. Having heard Oedipus' answer, the Sphinx is astounded and throws herself to her death from a clifftop.

The stuff with the Chinook's I agree with you Ross, and you could be onto something with the friendship bracelet although quite often me and hubbie are disappointed cos we come up with all these coold theories and it turns out to be v straighforward. I am hoping this series won't be like that. I'm glad you are enjoying it Pink Stars xxxxxxxxx

Hi Roses!

ta for all the info, I like all the Greek mythology and stuff - I reckon these film writers must really get off on all that. Its made me pull out my Jung book too! Lol. Did you know all that stuff? Its written so concisely and I couldnt find any internet sources when looking it up earlier today that were so concise, so led me to the conclusion that you rock at mythology :) You is an edumacated wimmin.

The hydra - maybe a large organisation that no matter how many of them you kill, theres always more ...

I got "the thinker" wrong, it was actually the painting of Oedipus and the sphinx I was talking about, which youve got up there. The thinker never appears anywhere, it was just me being artistically wrong.

Dunno if you read about those other images I saw, but from the names of some of the next episodes it looks like it will all be coming up (eg the black swan is the name of the next episode).

Ooo I ordered the bookie today. Seems that the old version is very hard to get hold of, managed to get one from The Book Depository online. Amazon only has the re-release / TV tie in version, which will be out in a few days.

Mazzerkhan - whats true blood about? :)

Hi Roses!

ta for all the info, I like all the Greek mythology and stuff - I reckon these film writers must really get off on all that. Its made me pull out my Jung book too! Lol. Did you know all that stuff? Its written so concisely and I couldnt find any internet sources when looking it up earlier today that were so concise, so led me to the conclusion that you rock at mythology :) You is an edumacated wimmin.

The hydra - maybe a large organisation that no matter how many of them you kill, theres always more ...

I got "the thinker" wrong, it was actually the painting of Oedipus and the sphinx I was talking about, which youve got up there. The thinker never appears anywhere, it was just me being artistically wrong.

Dunno if you read about those other images I saw, but from the names of some of the next episodes it looks like it will all be coming up (eg the black swan is the name of the next episode).

Ooo I ordered the bookie today. Seems that the old version is very hard to get hold of, managed to get one from The Book Depository online. Amazon only has the re-release / TV tie in version, which will be out in a few days.

Mazzerkhan - whats true blood about? :)

Its about vampires (not twightlight like..) its basically a metophore for Homosexuals gradually being accepted into society and the daily battles they face, the premise is that vampires live among us and a Japanese company come with a sythetic subsitute for blood, thus the vampire can start to live openly among us. There is loads on the web about it, its huge in the US.

Archived