Mental Health Forums

Flash Forward

hummm_mabbe

Yes, I get what you are saying hun. I agree it would be far more interesting if it was human invention rather than alien. The way you put it there when you were saying the device could be used for good or evil was in itself, very spiritual.

The other thing I said to hubbie is the german guy said pretty vague things right? BUT he gave him that book on birds. What if he had written in that book and it was the only safe way to communicate with him because it was his own colleagues and government who were working on it? He might discover something scribbled in it at a later date. As well as there obviously being occurances in the past.

I thought the visions that Noy's girlfriend saw were posibly his funeral. They had planned the wedding so she decided they would have that wedding even if he had passed on. I reckon she could possibly have been smiling cos she a little ga ga with the grief? No way could she turn it around and be marrying someone else in 6 months time when they are so smitten with each other????

And what's with the guy seeing his daughter alive but the DNA confirming it is her in the grave????

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hummm_mabbe

• Roses

• Mazzerkhan

• Villan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I get what you are saying hun. I agree it would be far more interesting if it was human invention rather than alien. The way you put it there when you were saying the device could be used for good or evil was in itself, very spiritual.

The other thing I said to hubbie is the german guy said pretty vague things right? BUT he gave him that book on birds. What if he had written in that book and it was the only safe way to communicate with him because it was his own colleagues and government who were working on it? He might discover something scribbled in it at a later date. As well as there obviously being occurances in the past.

I thought the visions that Noy's girlfriend saw were posibly his funeral. They had planned the wedding so she decided they would have that wedding even if he had passed on. I reckon she could possibly have been smiling cos she a little ga ga with the grief? No way could she turn it around and be marrying someone else in 6 months time when they are so smitten with each other????

And what's with the guy seeing his daughter alive but the DNA confirming it is her in the grave????

Hmm thats a damn good point - if the Nazi government was working on it? OMG that actually works for the Tesla theory, because he disseminated the 'device' documents shortly before the second world war. He died during it, alone in a hotel. Perhaps the nazis were trying to put the missing pieces together, or even succeeded? I agree mabbe he will have scribbled in it and the current German govt are working on it too whooo.

I was confuzzed about the funeral / wedding too, but wasnt she wearing a wedding dress in it? Hmm will have to check ... mabbe in some ways they are seeing 'alternate' or possible timelines, as in multiverse type stuff? Then they would be 'them' in their visions, but in an alternate timeline. Or perhaps for some people, dreams and fantasies dominated the flash forwards ... hmmm. The bit with Dimitri knocking over the bong was very cool, though I felt the fat guy laboured the point a bit about how he held the key to whether the future happened or not. Dunno if that was bad writing or he might ACTUALLY be a plant?

Also on the symbology front - you mentioned what crows / ravens represented to the druids. There is this theme of dismissing religion .. perhaps the symbology is that our old perception of our link to god being birds (religion) is destroyed (crows killed by the device), but in so doing reveals the true nature of our existence, that only something on a global scale could bring about? Mans evolution from religion ... ?

My feeling is that if this is true, the 'utopia' option will no way pan out. Either bad will win, or there will simply be a trade off ending where the status quo is restored. Like D Gibbons stops utopia hapening, but doesnt quite fulfil his evil desires either or sumthin.

Whooo 'citin. Apparently this series is self contained, so if it runs for say 8 eps, we will have the conclusion by then. Subsequent series are going to be like restarts with all new characters apparently ... so if thats the case mabbe we wont get an absolute "what caused it" answer in the first series? That would be the story arc all the way thru?

Ross

Another possibility

When Mark and Dmitiri crash in the first ep, you see dimitri put on his seat belt before the impact. He would not have been thrown from the car, and should have been in the wreck with Mark. Perhaps he was removed, and his mind shielded from the effects somehow, and thats why he saw nothing? Perhaps 'they' are somehow aware of dimitri and mark's centrality to uncovering their plot (maybe referenced by D Gibbons "he who foresees calamity suffers them twice") and so try to nobble him when they have the chance, perhaps as a result of using the same technology to see into the future BEFORE the blackout happened to know where he would be? Mind you, if thats the case - why not just kill them? Hmmmmmmm why might they be needed alive ... ?

But I dont think Dimitri is going to die on schedule. Here's why:

Its a bullet with "not today" written on it, from Marks very first FF. Mabbe telephone woman is a plant too!

Hmm get this

Alda Hertzog, the name of the female suspect from the SUV, is a jewish name. Ooooooo plot thickens, as nasty Nazi man is coming back to the US ... Mabbe Alda is a good guy!! Mabbe it was them that did the mind job on dimitri, perhaps some device in the car? Hmmmmm ...

Ross

Ok and now mabbe I am going way too far ... but theres a ref to something called "Blue hand" on marks wall. What if this technology has been pursued for decades, and is so powerful that countries would go to war over it? Tesla did invent it early in the 20th century ...

Wasnt it the 'black hand' that were involved in starting WW1? MAYBE the blue hand were a similar or related organisation who were trying to get hold of or destroy the tesla weapon ... hmmmmm

Oh and obscure possibility on that guys daughter - it is really her, but her from the future! Lol. They brought her body back from the future and buried it. Couldnt tell cuz she was so disfigured. Hee whaddya think? It would mean she could still be alive in this timescale :)

Also roses, you got anything on the symbology of kangaroos? Theres one in episode 1 hopping about the city after the blackout. All I can find is that its a symbol of status if hunted for the aborigines.

Rossie

Hmmm.... lots of really great stuff there Rossie. With the wedding scene I think perhaps she wanted her wedding anyway? Which is why she wore the dress. BUT I was thinking similar whilst I was in the shower (thinking of this thread not you whils in shower LOL). I think we are both evil geniuses my friend. I thought what if there are alternate futures going on here (reference my Back To The Future comment in early convo), and possibly the cut and paste reality stuff and THEN travelling back in time to plant bodies, or altering DNA with technology so the body has the same code, OR cloning bodies????

I like your thinking about the crows symoblising a cut of our ties to the powers that be and your thoughts about Dmitri. Oooohhh if her name is Jewish could they be working for the sort of Jewish resistance in Germany? Is that what you were thinking? But what about him sayin that he has a murder to thank for his freedom? Is he talking about a murder already committed or one he will commit, or someone else commits? Is it theoretical, does he mean a "murder" as in a murder of conscienceness? Did I miss something?

http://www.fireflywiki.org/Firefly/HandsOfBlue

"The name Blue Hand comes from a nickname given to the batik artist whose hands are often blue from working with the indigo dyes".

http://www.examiner.com/x-24882-Dallas-Pop-Media-Examiner~y2009m9d28-FlashForward-did-ABC-already-show-us-the-blue-hand

"Blue Hand is the gateway, the portal; one door closes, and another opens".

I'll look up kangaroos now. xxx

Hmmm.... lots of really great stuff there Rossie. With the wedding scene I think perhaps she wanted her wedding anyway? Which is why she wore the dress. BUT I was thinking similar whilst I was in the shower (thinking of this thread not you whils in shower LOL). I think we are both evil geniuses my friend. I thought what if there are alternate futures going on here (reference my Back To The Future comment in early convo), and possibly the cut and paste reality stuff and THEN travelling back in time to plant bodies, or altering DNA with technology so the body has the same code, OR cloning bodies????

I like your thinking about the crows symoblising a cut of our ties to the powers that be and your thoughts about Dmitri. Oooohhh if her name is Jewish could they be working for the sort of Jewish resistance in Germany? Is that what you were thinking? But what about him sayin that he has a murder to thank for his freedom? Is he talking about a murder already committed or one he will commit, or someone else commits? Is it theoretical, does he mean a "murder" as in a murder of conscienceness? Did I miss something?

http://www.fireflywiki.org/Firefly/HandsOfBlue

"The name Blue Hand comes from a nickname given to the batik artist whose hands are often blue from working with the indigo dyes".

http://www.examiner.com/x-24882-Dallas-Pop-Media-Examiner~y2009m9d28-FlashForward-did-ABC-already-show-us-the-blue-hand

"Blue Hand is the gateway, the portal; one door closes, and another opens".

I'll look up kangaroos now. xxx

Jewish resistance ... Nazis being released .. people not happy about it ... if you're dead, you cant be traced right? What if the murder is his own? But faked of course .. mabbe that passport he handed to the guy was a fake?

I like the stuff about the Batik artists - that may fit in with the paintings that we see in Marks FF. The hydra picture is very bluish ... I also wondered if Blue Hand might be the name of Alda's resistance movement (yup I think thats what they might be too!).

Kangas ... I think that was a message to Mark, cuz based on what you found: "Kangaroo has the rune symbol of ‘Ehwaz’ bringing in shifting attitudes and causing changes to improve the situations around you at the moment. This is the rune of movement and transition of physical shifts. You may be shifting into new dwelling places both physical and spiritual. It brings a bettering of any situation."

You are the symbol goddess!

Dunno if this is symbolic, so much as a taste of whats to come, but see what you make of this:

Looks like an old school diver :) It was in Marks FF

ooooohhhhh indeed, that is interesting. I will think on that one. My immediate thought was of Scooby Doo!!!! That sea monster was might creepy! Could just be symbolic for literally 'diving in' but in a mental way. Just letting go and running with the vision sort of thing.

LOL Symbol Goddess, I like that. Could get used to that. *polishes crown*

OK I totally still think its that scientamiffic explanation. In the 2nd eppy, we learned that Lloyd works at Stanford, which is a uni with a long cutting edge research history.

I reckon that simon bloke is one of the other scientists. Hope it isnt gonna be TOO much like the book and end up being the LHC.

Not so much to get yer teeth into in this eppy ...

Whaddya think tho? Is Lloyd a plant, or the real deal?

We still got the end to watch hopefully tonight on tape but yeah not as much to get your teeth into in this one. I'll get back to you oh Pandarific one xxxxx

I was a bit underwhelmed by this eppy :(

The acting seemed to go a bit poo, and that FBI chasing drug guy was a bit, um, ooold. Kinna a bad version of point break. And like a week ago, the black FBI head guy was willing to do anything MArk said, and now hes being all cynical ... and well you aint seen the end yet but I felt like all was missing was "dun dun dun" and the guy to start cackling and going mooo hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Gordon will dieeeeee

HAving said that ive been in a funny mood all afternoon so mabbe im just being a grump

sorry - nothing to do with ff but i have to say

LOVIN THE PANDA HAT

OMG - SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

IMA WANT ONE....

ok - you can now go back to ff - my funny five secs is over for now :)

ps this will make no sense in the future if ross changes his piccie!!!

• 2 weeks later...

*Sigh*

Quantum.

I knew it would be bloody quantum. The basis for all those fluffy Voyager episodes ... lol

Sounds like its gonna be a lot like the book

Well, it's been confirmed Jack Davenport IS a very bad man and he WANTS to be bad doing evil experiments with people from the shire to boot! The blue hand thing is fascinating I was telling hubbie about it. And as for the lead guy blaming his wife for something she hasn't done yet but expecting absolution from her about possibly drinking - GRRRRRR..... he is such a stupid idiot how is he ever going to solve the puzzle????

Whaddya know about blue hand miss symbol goddess?

MAYBE SPOILERS - STUFF FROM BOOK

Well I dunno, Lloyd might not be intentionally bad. In the book, he is a scientist at CERN, doing research into the Higgs Boson. When they do an experiment, the flashforward happens - so its an accident. Another charcter in the book, Theo, is arrogant and narcissistic, but not as obviously evil as the other guy from the shire. If it goes like the book, Lloyd (and the others) is an unwitting participant and the other guy may just happen be a slimy sh*t. That other guy he kills might be someone who was trying to kill him, which happens in the bookie.

The ending of the book goes off on a crazy tangent though, which I dunno if they will put in this. Its quite cool but a bit sort of "erm what?" when you read it, cuz it doesnt really seem to fit in with the storyline. However, MArks flash forward involved a galaxy, so it MIGHT go down the crazy route ....

Rossie Mc Sleuthy Pants

MORE MAYBE SPOILERS - STUFF FROM BOOK OH AND QUANTUM LOL

OH OH and I dont think her memory was impanted anymore, cuz of what the guy said about schrodingers cat, the quantum thing. The idea being that the observer creates the universe. There are possibilities, but reality is defined by conscious observation. Tis a main theme in the bookie too, tis quite wild - one theory of quantum says that without a conscious observer, the universe actually does not exist. Whilst it sounds nuts - as does most of quantum until you find out its actually true - its actually theoretically possible. Particles actually DO change states according to whether they are observed or not (look up the quantum double slit experiment for more details). Dont think this is quite the same as that stuff from "The secret" about what you think becomes reality, cuz of course on earth there are billions of conscousnesses, so no individual can really affect the outcome of planetary / universal events, but meh I dunno im waffling

I think it was Niels Bohr - the Nobel Winner - who said "If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet", simply because of how utterly crazy what it says is. Yet its all being confirmed experimentally.

Hmm.... yes you make perfect sense apart from Davenport being an 'innocent' scientist. If he was a good scientist he would already have allowed for variations on the experiemnt and allowed for the things that might go wrong - BUT HE STILL DID IT. which to me means he has a lack of morals somewhere. And if this experiment had a good reason - what was it? What could you possibly gain from trying to force a quantum event like that? We all know that vibration is the key to existence and that if you dirupt this you can kill someone due to their vibration not getting on with a different vibration so why do it in a mass produced way, why not experiment in a small, controlled environment?? What were they looking to gain?

II think I mentioned earlier on here bout blue hand gang and that henna artists who do tribal body art are called blue hands and stuff, yes, look back in the thread and I think it's there. But Charlie/David Bryan took a great deal of pleasure in recalling his flash forward where he kills someone so I defo think he is twisted.

I see what you mean, if he knew there was a possibility it would go wrong. But what If he didnt know? Did you pick up on something I missed that suggested Lloyd knew full well it would happen? In the book, he doesnt know - they are just running a normal experiment to try to find the Higgs Boson - something that the Hadron Collider is meant to be doing soon. It would be just as if one of those real scientists couldnt possibly have predicted what was going to happen - a bit like when aircraft started to push the sound barrier. No one could have predicted, on the basis of the then known science, that shockwaves would form on the wings and cause the aircraft to go out of control as planes approached the speed of sound, and it took them a decade to figure out why. After that, we got supersonic flight, but people died just to let us accidentally discover it. If the science doesnt predict it, the scientists cannot know it will happen, because science is only as good as the models we have to describe it. Thats how it panned out in the book, but we will have to wait and see if it happens same in the programme ...

I just cant get to Lloyd being evil - his demeanor in so many scenes doesnt fit that for me ... but mabbe we can have a "Is lloyd evil or not" sweepstake running? :lol:

Simon is defo a bit evil tho, BAD MAN.

Ooohhh yeah, sounds like fun. I'm up for an "is he evil or not" sweepstake.... and I agree about Simon. Um... would Simcoe be related to the earlier Blackout in Somalia? If so surely they would know it has this effect? Or are you thinking he was an innocent hired in under false pretences sort of thing????

• 3 weeks later...

OK WELL

I am not sure how many there were with little star tattoos, but it doesnt bode well for Mark :(

Tis sort of shain up like the book A LITTLE BIT.

OMG guy from the shire is an ARSE.

With regards to the thing in somalia, I think its possible its unconnected with what Lloyd and Simon have done... I think they will belive it was them, but really it wasnt, or somehow the two are linked but without knowing or sumthin

Whaddyu think about the tattoo men?

The tattoo men are the blue hand gang and are the police for the big cover up by evil shire peoples and wife stealers. And yeah, Simon is an ass and I think he is gonna kidnap Simcoe's son. Glad it is fitting in with the book a little and you were right, it now appears Simcoe appears a bit of a gullable fool, BUT he won at poker so can't be that stupid??? xxx

Archived