Mental Health Forums

Progress

Villan

A bit of background first...

I have been suffering dep off and on dx since 91 and for most of my life if i actually go back and think about my childhood... i have been on ads abuot 5 - 6 times between than and now, every time i take them for as long as i feel i need and then i just have an epiphany and just stop taking them and don't go back to doctor...

Currently prescribed 40mg Citalopram (ad) am and 30mg Amptriptyline (sleepy med)nocte.

This time is slightly different as i am also undergoing t for the actual underlying issues and i am making great progress there.

Monday night, i was having a kinda heavy convo wit a friend - i was helpin him through a sticky patch (well i hope i helped) and during that convo i decided to cut out the sleep med and see how i went...

As I was lying awake that night, i realised that the thoughts that i was thinking were positive and clear for the first time since this current episode started and i made another decision, this time to cut out the ad too...

So I have taken nothing since Monday morning...

And I feel great... Sleep isnt back to how I would like it to be, but it isn't a major problem so I will bide my time with that...

I am on holiday next week and would be lovely to be drug free for it and actually experience it with clarity...

I am carrying my ad's with me just in case i have any withdrawal side effects, but i have never had any before, and i guess that they would have started by now if i am going to get any...

I will see how i go for the rest of the week and hopefully will have the strength to carry this on, with the help of my t...

I havent told my doc, but stopping the meds was one of the things we did discuss as a course of action last friday when i saw her, so i know it is ok by her... i am due to see her when i come back from holiday and will obviously tell her then...

Don't worry though, I am pretty sensible and if I need it i WILL ask for help - especially if i feel unsafe...

So... I guess WISH ME LUCK...

And if I fail, be there to catch me...

Fingers crossed...

Kath

xxxxxx

Ima glad I lost a lil weight - saves Roses money not having to buy a reinforced net - lmao...

Ima going to Montenegro - organised tour incluing Albania, Croatia and Serbia with mummy and bro... From Sunday for 8 days... yayyyyyyy well excited... been that way before, but seeing different things this time...

Thanks both for support and well wishes...

xxxxx

Sound like you are making good progress Chippity Chipetto :)

Is a nice feeling to bin the meds ... would be interested to know what those epiphanies you have are!

Ross

Oooooo holidays ... I want one

thanks for the holiday wishes ppl - guess i dont need to post the "i am away message" now... but this post is sposed to be about me coming off meds rather than I am going on holiday...

rossy... hmmmm my epiphanies arent usually that specific... they are i guess just moments of absolute clarity where i just realise that i dont really need the meds anymore - i try not to overthink and psychoanalyse them tbh - i just know myself as far as that is concerned and trus that my feeling is right... havent been wrong yet - don't plan on starting now...

i am however writing a diary at the moment and once i write it i forget what i have written (kinda the point really) and i will have a lookie what i wrote yesterday when i get home tonight and let you know if i wrote anything there...

*looks at suitcase and reads luggage allowance to workstudy whether rossy will fit* probably not :(

wasnt having a go walker just wanted to get topic back on track!!!!

sorry if you took it that i was...

((((((((((((walker))))))))))))) xxx

I think that if I don't eat from now until Sunday, you might be able to fit me and my net in that case..... hmmmmm...... I have a passport - check! I have clothing - check! I have a net - check! I have an attitude - check! Ima all ready ROFL xxxxx

*throws shoes out*

*throws spare jeans out*

*gets a bigger carry on bag and generally repacks*

*squeezes roses (and some spare air so she don't suffocate) into case*

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

xxxxxxxx

no one will mind if i wear trainers with dress will they?????? ooooo very lily allen LMAO

way to go hun! stopping meds is a good feeling so well done you :)

having a holiday will prob help no end in helping to relax you and keep your mind occupied, so hopefully you wont even notice the lack of meds. have a great time and all the best hun! xxx

Sorry Rossy, i jus looked at diary and i dint write anything apart from jus the decision had been made... i did write a lil more regardin the cuttin sleepy med decision but sorry, i cant share that one cos not all mine to share...

tricky cos my reply to yout thread and yuor reply here have the same time stamp - but as i had to change thread - i think i should win!

Archived