Mental Health Forums

A Question For Those Taking Seroquel ( Quetiapine)?

canadianbumble

My memory is so shot to pieces I don't know whether I asked this or not but I can't find it if iI have. My quetiapine has been increased from 300 to 600. What happens is that come six o'clock I don't really function anymore and all I can think about is bad things and I can hardly move my body. Around 7.30 I take the meds about half an hour later I feel like I can't breathe and I have really fierce palpatations, am very weak and can hardly stand up. Then a few hours later I am apparently getting up and wandering the house talking to things which is annoying my H as he has to keep getting me back to bed. So sleep is pretty interrupted. The only thing it wasn't like this with the palpatations which started a few days ago, I kind of switched from being Hyper everything to slow again. On the Sunday I took more than I should have, kind of hoping that i wouldn't have to face the next day. Well it just made me throw up and no ones the wiser. But since then I've had this reaction to the meds. Not sure what i should do , if I should tell the CPN or not part of me thinks I bloody deserve it for being so stupid. Telling her isn't really going to make it better, and is it worth me talking to CPN? Everyone eg My H thinks I'm doing better than I was, I daren't tell them of the darkest thoughts I'm having. I don't want to wear anyone down with them. I don't think the meds are having much impact on the things I hear and see. Infact their plans are stronger than ever now. I don't know what to do, because I can continue down this road which has obvious outcome, or what is the alternative? I can't think straight anymore. Nothing makes sense and I don't want to be part of it anymore. I cannot understand this as I have just completed on buying my aunts' house and have a new incorporation which has been a real struggle. My days off are filled with talking to lawyers, accountants and bank-managers. I have a party to celebrate the life's achievements of my Aunts to plan for this Monday coming, as it is Canadian Thanksgiving. Another show on the 25th October and both my boys Birthday's coming up. Last night I dreamt my Nan died. It's been two years now, but it's thrown me. Sorry I have gone off the subject. It feels like I can't talk to anyone. it feels like I'm in huge void with no escape. Bumble

I'm on 50mg quetiapine a day, so I dont know if I would be much use but I will try to help.

First of all, I would go back to your psychiatrist/cpn as you may need your medications reviewing.

You need to tell them of the effects you are having with this med.

You should call an out of hours medical service.

Either way, things need to change.

Never take more meds than directed by your doctor/psychiatrist.

The only stupid thing you are doing is thinking that you deserve it, this is just low self esteem speaking.

Not only will telling someone make it better, it is a necessity.

If you are having thoughts of self harm or suicide, you must tell someone.

Maybe the meds just need changing, maybe they no longer suit you.

Thinking straight involves contacting someone. Notify your healthworkers as soon as possible.

Life seems pretty stressful for you at the moment.

Apparently 300mg is high-ish so why double it, why not creep up to say 350? (My GP increments my gabapentin by no more than 20% at a time)

Well done dealing with lawyers & all the rest of it.

Don't be thrown by a dream, they can be a good sign (am not sure how but ...)

thankyou these are all things i will consider. meds obviously not working since my cpn left and told me to sleep there has been no contact am i'm wondering did she come at all. i'm not sure this is real at all.

Those are the exact reasons I stopped taking seroquel, as when my dosage was increased, I felt like I was made out of lead. I couldn't move at all.

I think there is a cutoff point with that drug, when the dose gets too high to allow the body to function but it does quiet the mind.

Archived