Mental Health Forums

Hi

toadstool

Hi! I'm 33 and live in Wales, UK.First officially had mental health problems ten years ago but had difficulties before that. I consider myself fairly highfunctioning now compared to before, though I only work voluntarily - 16 hours a week_ and find it exhausting. I still have issues with the sense of self thing and how to emotionally remember loved ones when they're not there - object constancy I think. I'm still in therapy and still hopeful of further recovery, though neither I nor my therapist knows how much more is possible.

Anyway Hi!

Toadstool x

Welcome. You have come to a good place. You will find people in all phases of recovery here. lol Some of us are in several phases of recover a day! Anyway we always like to meet new people and welcome the insites they will bring!

Looking forward to reading your posts and seeing you in chat as you get more comfrotable with the site.

Bets

"Some of us are in several phases of recovery a day" I love it!

Due to black and white thinking I only really know how I am at one moment at a time so I'm either 'completely fine thankyou very much there's nothing wrong with me" or in chaotic despair and any faint memory of wellbeing was all put on and alien to my true self. That kind of thing. So I was quite pleased with my unemotive description of myself as high-functioning. I suppose I meant I'm not in and out of hospital any more and feel more a member of society. Or something.

I may see you in chat one day as you have suggested but have no idea how to use it (or even what it is exactly). Am I allowed to reply to you in this bit or do I have to start a thread somewhere else by the way?

Toadstool

Yes you can reply the way you did Toadstool. Thanks for appreciating my warped and sometimes illusive sense of humor. You will find out how to navigate this site very soon, if I can do it anyone can! Beyond the rules, few and understandable there is not much here that you cant do!

Enjoy!

Bets

B) Welcome to BPDWORLD toadstool. I just joined yesterday and am still finding my way around and doing some reading. Thought I'd say welcome anyways. B)

Archived