Mental Health Forums

Wife Got Support

Data

For a few months now I've been going to my GROW support group. Its very loosely based on the 12 steps model, but is a good place to moan and whinge and get support. There are not many members and I consider myself lucky because there are only 3 groups in the UK and mine is around a mile from me. Its based at the local general hospital.

One of my main issues recently has been my wife and her mental problems, which are affecting the whole household.

Tonight, for the first time, my wife went to GROW instead of me. I think it may help her and she needs it more than me.

There is one member of the group (K) who has always told me that she identifies with what I say about my wife. She can see my wife's point of view. Today, when my wife took her turn to speak, K replied to her.

I sat at home and did my work, emailed supervisor around 8.30 with my stuff. I also had to look after the kids and keep them entertained and the cable box went all funny and I managed to fix it.

My wife came in at 9.30 and had a beer and munched the box of chocolates I bought her.

I feel like I have had a win-win situation: I have looked after kids, got work done, and wife has got support.

sounds like progress there hun...how did your wife feel after her session? did she feel that its something she will go back to? i hope so, as it sounds like its made a big difference to you all :)

She got a lot out of it, but she thought the books they read were a bit antiquated and was disturbed by the fact that some of the members seemed very lonely. She wants to go next week though, so I guess thats a success.

She got a lot out of it, but she thought the books they read were a bit antiquated and was disturbed by the fact that some of the members seemed very lonely. She wants to go next week though, so I guess thats a success.

thats fabulous hun :)

thats ace, well done for supporting her, and if you can say well done to her from us too pls do.

why dont you see if she could find her own books too? theres plenty stuff out there and reading about it all helps us understand that we are not strange or alone and that people also sort out their stuff and move forward

Archived