Mental Health Forums

Yesterday's Project With The Kids

Roses

thats great work done by the kids there, i love leaves.

roses you ever thought about doing art therapy or being an art therapist yourself? think you would do great.

xx

Thats really good, Roses. A flat piece of paper yet it is about movement (wind). I like it and I expect your kids enjoyed doing it :).

Awww.. thanks you guys, such quick responses. It's really cheered me up! I do love art and have thought often bout going to college perhaps. I might make enquiries when I'm a bit better. Yeah I love art therapy, it's why I agreed to do sewing with the kids at school you can learn so much about people from how they interpret the world through perceptual work and the such I find it fascinating. The kids gathered the leaves themselves and painted the ones that needed painting, they helped me mix the paints so had to think what colours went together to make what. I had painted the background whilst they were at school so it could dry in time. A bit of glue and hey presto! Cheap at half the price. Nature's wonderful bounty and a friend's hubbies old schematics turned plain side up! Thanks again. xxxxx

It's leaves being blown through a couldy Autumn sky and it's like 8 pieces of A4 big...

Brilliant! *gets idea to brighten up the lounge* :)

Yeah, quick everyone grab their inner childish bits and we have an art fest!!!!

Anna, it is on our stairway as we have open plan-ish stairs. We have a Tenacious D and the Pick Of Destiny film poster as central focus in lounge - ROFL, yes we never grew out of the poster stage hubbie and me! Come December we will be doing a huge Xmas Tree on this size paper. Last year we had great fun with it and after we painted it all up we made our own decorations and tinsel out of coloured threads and the such. They have already asked when we are doing this years but it's a bit early yet!

xxxxxxxx ART ATTACK! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Roses, this is fab hun.

I think also that if you get the kiddies used to using artsy stuffs, and being comfortable with experimenting with as many varied media as possible, then it can help a great deal later on as well as when they're still sprogs, as it's a great way for many to get down emotions that can't necessarily be put into words.

I love it

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Crip. We always do a lot of art together. Alora just wrote her first song the other week. She is 5! I was blown away, it's called "What Have You Done To Me? and it's all about a girl whose bf has gone off with another woman. I can't believe she gets all this from Hannah Montana and High School Musical. She wrote it all out herself and we had to go and correct some spellings but I am in awe of the girl's talents. Aran is much the same with the arty stuff, it's such good fun, I'm glad everyone else has enjoyed me sharing it with them. xxxxx

Archived