Mental Health Forums

Therapy Is Going Well...

lostnlove

Am I the only one that feels this way??

I just started therapy and while she hasn't told me I have 'bpd' and I honestly dont know if she ever will...she has said things like "your personality structure" or people with "this personality structure" and has made reference to "people have done this type of therapy and it has helped them overcome these types of personality structures" lol...I'm pretty sure we're on the same page but ya I dont think they like to give out the diagnosis easily.

Anyway...as we are going through our session I find myself getting really confused as I am learning more about myself. THe last session I just was really confused...

The more I learn about the things I do and my "personality structure" I am so confused. I don't understand how I can live this way. I don't understand how I can not see things the way other people do. I don't understand it. I don't understand how "normal" people think. And the more I see myself use splitting on my significant other the more I am bewildered. I am confused on how it all goes back to how I felt abandoned and neglected as a child. That is so confusing because it seems so disconnected from each other. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm not really scared of my sig. other leaving...its really the little girl in me afrad my dad is going to leave...

Its all so weird...how my brain has worked all this time...and do undo it all??? Its a big job.

I'm just confused. Anyone else???

Archived