Mental Health Forums

challenged my thinking

flippy

so the last few days have been quite bad and last night before i ended up in chat i was txting my friend, she wanted me to go see her but i couldnt it would have been wrong and caused me more problems (she lives 32 miles away) anyway she asked me to go spend the day with her today (which isnt that unusual as i do this at least twice a week).

What is amazing is that i didnt feel like i'd pushed her into a corner to invite me which is what i felt last night and i always do if its an unscheduled visit. All the way there i told myself that i didnt make her invite me it was her choice as it was last night she wanted me to go to make sure i was ok. We talked about it when i got there and she just said i wanted to see you because ive missed you. As a result we had a great day without the guilt and i feel pretty good.

I also bought a hamster called bob even though she is a girly, at present she is in nathans bedroom because he cried when i tried to bring her home so we are "sharing" bob will be restored to her rightful home in the next couple of days or when nathan gets fed up.

Im very happy that i challenged my thinking and looked at it in a different way, i have no idea why or even how but if i can do it once hopefully i can do it again.

Dear flippy

Excellent - I am so pleased you gave yourself a bit of a break at last - well done!

(and give my love to bob)

Ginny

B)

thx ginny

i thought a lot about what you guys said last night and i dont know something just clicked in my head. my friend was so cool when she saw me she gave me the biggest hug and told me she loved me. i think it was the first time i havent apologised for being me.

a small step i think :)

Archived