Mental Health Forums

Changing From Venlafaxine (Effexor) To Duloxetine (Cymbalta)

snowman

As the title says I had to repost for very personal, stupid reasons.

As was pointed out, I got the names mixed up before.

Anyway, day 6 and still suffering.

I started tapering venlafaxine last weds. Feel terrible...brain feels like it's being squeezed by icy fingers, achy, can't concentrate, headache, chills, so sleeeeeeppppppyyyyy.

Can't work, can't do anything.

Supposed to be tapering from 225mg to 150mg for a month, then 150-75 next month then 75-off the next month.

My question is....I don't want to be like this for 2 weeks or more each month for the next 3 months...shall I just cold turkey or taper quicker?? I feel dreadful anyway so it can't be much worse...can it?? Get it over and done with???

Any advice, thoughts, comments would be good.

Don't taper too fast. I'm on Effexor and have done a lot of research on it. Apparently it's the worst antidepressant out there for withdrawal symptoms. If you go cold turkey or taper too fast there's a strong chance you might become psychotic.

Sorry to hear you're suffering so badly. I hope you feel better soon xxxxx

I, too, have done much research now, since withdrawing and feeling so rough, and, in my opinion, this drug is an evil creation by big buck making pharmaceutical organisations. I feel very bitter right now as I feel so dreadful and as if I have the worst flu in the world. Rationally I know I am just feeling the withdrawal effects of this drug that was supposed to make me feel better!!! What an irony!!! No one tells you its this bad before you start taking it.....

Todays update...don't worry, doing this more for my benefit (to help me remember and keep track) than to receive replies!!!

Very tired again today. Feel quite low and headachy. No "out of body" experience last night though but have spent an hour trying to work out whether my dream about having an "absence" was real or dreamt...very confusing to explain let alone try to work out!!!!

Work have said they need a sick note to cover this week off...will go see my GP on Fri....my colleague off with flu for this week doesn't need one but I do...paranoid?? me???!!!

I wouldn't have the ability to make these symptons up!!!

Archived