Mental Health Forums

Please Keep Your Fingers Crrossed For Me..i Feel Like Im Going To Be Sentenced To Jail

Faerielight

i'm bricking it that the psyc will have written to the dvla to get my licence taken away..

they may as wwell throw me in jail, cos my car is my freedom, being disabled with m.e.

my app is at half 12, please send some posaitive vibes to me!

hugs, faerie x

(((((((faerie))))))) sending you lots and lots and lots of positive vibes, great big hugs, and lots and lots of love hun.

Take care xx

aww thank you all so much.. I GET TO KEEP MY CAR AND LICENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they don't believe in d.i.d so im stil dx with bpd with dissociation and keep my licence! and ive been discharged from the mh team.. im actiually relieved cos its been so shit the last couple years in the system..

life is still going to be hard.. i still have to grieve my cat dying and im still lonley and ill and all that, but at least ive got my motability car.. its my lifeline.. i really need to sort my life out, make new friends, do my graphics course, and try and get some low cost therapy but im soo fucking glad ive still got my licence!

hugs to u all xxx faerie x

fabby news hun! my driving license and car means everything to me so i can only imagine how much it must have hurt fearing you were about to lose your freedom. xxx

thank you so much guys. its a big relief, but after all the adrenalin ive crashed into depression, and grief, and i am freaked about having no soupport and being discharged. . and having lost a friend,.. i felt they had me over a barrell.. i had to backtrack with the d.i.d. stuff cos if they had dx me, they would've taken my licence away, so i had to fight to keep my car.

hugs, faerie x

sorry if its a stupid question, but why the DID dx would imply your licence being taken away?

maybe no therapy is better than bad therapy? dunno.

take care,

sb

• 2 weeks later...

ty roxy honey.. sharing body.. god i had no idea but my old psyc said they would automatically take it away in case i swiched whilst driving,! .. its rediculous cos i've been driving 21 years with a clean licence.. if child parts were out they wouldnt drive and the rare times i switch when im out( im mostly housebound due to the m.e) i have never switched whilst driving and i would go and drink tea and wait till I'mback and grounded before driving home.

In the discharge letter it said that I do switch and have alters, but that they haven't dx me with did cos that would mean I have no control over switching, therefore would not be alowed to drive, so they redecided on bpd cos apparently i can control switching.

i don't get it, cos even tho i def do have bpd too, switching isn't part of bpd criteria and the psyc agrees i have a fair few alters.

so I've no chance of getting d i d support as i've been discharged,

hugs, faerie x

i just read u keep ur driving lisence

THERE IS JUSTICDE IN THE WORLD

* does a morriss dance in celebration , following it with the native american pow wow potatoe dance just for good measure*

btw the pow wow potatoe dance is a link on utube its a native american dance celebratin the harvest its adorable to watch check it out ull love it

hugs fairielight ur awesome,, steve xxx

btw b4 driving make sure ur feeling good and aint likely to have a switch triggered

also be sure u dont let ur meds lapse

dont give em a reason to be a git with ur driving lisence but most of all make sure ur safe to drive b4 getting in ur car

ur important to ppl a nd we would be losing out on alot of joy if u wasnt here

steve

sorry i am bit late on this thread cos i forgot!!! LOL, really sorry.

i know plenty of DID folks who drive. like, huh?!? are you sure they would take it away?

i dont drive at all and i dont have dx, so i am no use, no personal experience with this.

BUT.

it just sounds SO weird.

thank you for answering my question, yay!! for you being able to keep your licence and all my best wishes for you to have good support in your healing.

sb xxx

oh, and in no way if you are DID it means that you are NOT in control of the switching, if you are co-conscious then you stop being DID?? mah, dunno. it makes sense but also not. is your psychiatrist knowledgeable with dissociation?

Archived