Mental Health Forums

Festive Anxiety And Impending Insanity

neurotica

I'm sure there'd be HUNDREDS of us all packing in to escape the dreaded hideousness! lol (complimentary breakfast at 12pm)

Where should we go? I'd choose Scotland obviously... at least we could all get up Ben Nevis and then scoot down in great big garden waste bags! Show the normaloid joes what true festive joy should be! Stuff the turkey! To hell with your sprouts, your charades and your bloody sing-a-long pop star crapulence! Get up that mountain with your garden bags - thats what I say!!

I'd like to climb up a Japanese mountain and find a spiritual temple hidden away by monks and offer to cook or clean for a week in exchange for meditation and solitude.

Christmas used to mean everything to me and it moved to meaning nothing for me, 2 years ago I had an arguement with my family because i "ruined thier christmas" because I didnt get involved and said i'd rather just be left out of it, that i'd rather ignore it. I had my dad being really abusive about how it "meant something to them and I was killing it" and they made me feel like crap for ruining it for them but i simply couldnt stand faking an interest in all the crap.

I think I'm in a position this year where I might be able to fake a smile and a laugh but i'm still not looking forward to it.

my sister had a go at me yesterday for being "disorganised" because i havent got a single present yet. I just simply havent thought about christmas at all yet. and i normally dont do until december comes,

your not alone anyway.

pointless consumer holiday that only serves to guilt me into draining my wallet.

BAH,

What would you really like to do for xmas then?

I think that, like me, you/we have lost the point of xmas. there is so much farse and pretence at xmas it makes me sick. I have told my family that, and say that I have to do what i think I need to do at the moment, that im not in the right mind and they should respect that. (it took e a long time to get that out though) but it was worth it in the end.

hugs

Saffron

Archived