Mental Health Forums

Today...

Katherine

Today I was pleased with myself at work. Particularly because I was patient (and was praised for being so by the customer) and kept calm in a potentially difficult situation----I spent about an hour fixing a uni student's essay with her to print up when the library computer's version of Word messed it up- with lines repeating themselves, sections disappearing, words printing on top of each other. I really did help her and did a very good job. Especially when my manager was a bit tetchy because she wanted someone to do the banking on the other computer in the office and she couldn't when customers were in there. I stood my ground and kept my cool. I had to do my best for the customer. Priority.

For someone with BPD I think I coped amazingly well.....

Then this evening I feel vulnerable, fragile, withdrawn, quiet (though I yattered on interminably to my flatmate when I got in..I thought, hell I've gone manic, help...)and am going to go and curl up in my safe place very soon.

I can relate this maybe to childhood feelings states of wanting praise and appreciation and recgnition, to be told thatI'm good....but I can't make people do that...and then it would be false anyway like that, not real.

karie

thanks Tracey....praps that's why I feel extra insecure now...I always expect the carpet to be pulled out from under my feet when I stand my ground...but it wasn't, I still exist.....

Archived