Mental Health Forums

For People With Bpd

purple-chick

67 members have voted

1. 1. just wondered if any of you were first diagnosed biploar, before being diagnosed bpd?

This is me;

when a slight separation or conflict occurs, they switch unexpectedly to the other extreme and angrily accuse the other person of not caring for them at all. Even with family members, individuals with BPD are highly sensitive to rejection, reacting with anger and distress to such mild separations as a vacation, a business trip, or a sudden change in plans. These fears of abandonment seem to be related to difficulties feeling emotionally connected to important persons when they are physically absent, leaving the individual with BPD feeling lost and perhaps worthless. Suicide threats and attempts may occur along with anger at perceived abandonment and disappointments.

I have been that way since I was 15.

I am 45 in two weeks.

It has a name, and I don't feel like I am a freak anymore.

i have the same diagonisis, borderline personality AND bipolar. Basically i think the shrinks have no idea what to do with people like us, we are in the "too hard" basket.

My personal feelings on the subject are that depression is a hard one to cure by self-help, you do need medication, without it you cannot feel positive things.

With regards the personality disorders, I myself think that we can self cure those, not easy no, but if we know what our disorders are, and we know what triggers them, when we are triggered instead of acting impulsively, we need to count to ten or even 50 if it works, and take time to write down our feelings, our anger, write it down, don't voice it, don't say it, don't text it, don't email it.

If you have to email, send the email to yourself, then when in a calmer moment, go look, read back over what you would have sent, you would have said, you would have texted.

My going off on one is never verbal other than over the phone, I have never actually gone into one face to face with someone, maybe that is why my self-help cure will work for me, and not others.

I guess it is a state of mind, but I refuse to be beaten by a personality disorder it is not cancer, I don't need Chemo, I don't need a therapist. I need medication for the depression, but the personality disorder?

Am more than positive now I know what it is I can make it better myself.

Might take time, but time I have.

I was diagnosed BPD a couple of years ago, although I was told that it was suggested on my notes that I "may" have it about 12 years ago, but I'd never even heard of it until I found this website, I thought I might have been bipolar because my mood swings were driving me and those around me up the wall, I filled in one of those online questionaires and printed it off and took with me to see meP.doc, but my P.doc says that my moods are to rapid for pipolar, bipolar mood swings last for days or even weeks, my mood swings can last for a day or two but never weeks unless I am in a crisis, about once every two or three years, when they change my meds and we start again, been that way for about 25 years now.

i have had lots of dx's ,, ranging from variouse psycosises to bi polar to bpd

now they say i have schizo affective dissorder AND bpd

so i have all three ,,, bpd was most recent addition tho i think they are in the prosess of adding 2 more to the mix

steve

• 1 month later...

I was told i were clinically depressed then got diganosed with BPD Depressive disorder and mixed anxiety.

I dont think the Dr's no what to do with us as we are hard ones to deal with....

I was told i were clinically depressed then got diganosed with BPD Depressive disorder and mixed anxiety.

I dont think the Dr's no what to do with us as we are hard ones to deal with....

I have been diagnosed most labels through my life latest BPD Depressive disorder and conversion disorder.

Tricia

• 2 weeks later...

Diagnosed with depression when younger, then bi polar, and now borderline. I am 40 and in a relationship, but he is always telling me that I'm mentally ill, which does not really help. I wonder if I will ever be able to have a successful relationship, and envy those that do.

Eating disorder and depession diagnosed at 14.

Depression throughout my twenties...

On psych ward told i had emotionally unstable personality disorder, aka BPD in early 30's. now i'm 34. Christ, I've been depressed for 20 years!!!!!!

Ingrid

x

Archived