Mental Health Forums

Depression

Happy

Today I was walking down the stairs in work, when my bosses boss was walking close by, he asked if I was going on holiday this year and where I was going, he then looked out of the window and said 'isn't it a dreadful day' I agreed, he then said 'this weather is depressing' I did not say anything back to him at this point, I wanted the next floor we approached, whilst he carried on walking down the stairs. I was so annoyed with him for using that word. The weather depressing, he does not have a clue what depressive means!!!!

I wanted to go into his office later on and tell him exactly what being depressive really felt like.

I wish people would use the word a bit more careful, especially my boss!!

:angry:

I know exactly what you mean...its infuriating isn't it. If only they really knew how it felt, they wouldn't use the word with so little thought. But I guess its the fact that they don't know how it feels that they use it so easily. They can't know and they can't understand, even if they try. To them 'depressing' is merely a word to describe the weather....to us it is sheer living hell.

Hugs xxx :)

*hugs* It's a dreadful feeling, I know.

But you know, maybe he does know what depression's like...maybe he's experienced it in the past, or maybe he's experiencing it now and is just very good at putting on the mask. Perhaps he has seasonal affective disorder, and the dreary weather was bringing him down.

Then again, maybe not. It helps me to consider the possibilities, though. But I do understand your anger.

Just wanted to say, please don't feel like I'm not validating the way it made you feel. I swear I do validate you.

Archived